Page 63 of 220 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

I normally hate these kinds of questions but: When does Tom King's Batman run get good? I'm a few issues into the second deluxe hardcover and still not feeling it. Is it supposed to work up to something special or is it if I don't like it this far it won't change my mind later?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I normally hate these kinds of questions but: When does Tom King's Batman run get good? I'm a few issues into the second deluxe hardcover and still not feeling it. Is it supposed to work up to something special or is it if I don't like it this far it won't change my mind later?
    I really enjoyed the one off with swamp thing and then the war of jokes and riddles. That felt to me like the first arc similar in tone to his more praised stand alone works. But I've seen others call it complete trash so what do i know.

The first couple arcs are definitely clunky imo (not counting the monster men crap) but afaik are intrical to King's long game. So time will tell if it pays off or not, considering his 100 issue claim
    Last edited by awayne83; 11-21-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I'm looking forward to reading it, as I do anything by Brubaker. I didn't know it tied into Criminal, so that's an even bigger plus. Like many, I'm impatiently waiting for a Kill or Be Killed hardcover, I've heard nothing but great praise for it.
    I'll second the positive opinion on My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies. It's a solid addition to the Criminal mythos.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Finished reading CARL BARKS LIBRARY: The Seven Cities of Gold".

US7Cities.jpg

Just started reading this, it was a bind I had done a while ago but have only just got around to start, collecting Mr. Majestic 1 - 6, Majestic 1 - 4 (2004) and Majestic 1 - 17 (2005) and it’s still excellent, I still miss Wildstorm.

(Not sure why these pics keep coming out landscape)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

On Thanksgiving I finished the Defenders Epic: The Six-Fingered Hand. I liked it, and was kind of fascinated at how Satanic it was for the time...Hell yeah!

Incredible Member

Finished Sleeper. Sooo good. Started Incognito right after.

I'm currently reading everything I've got leading up to Original Sin. I'm on Thor: God of Thunder vol. 4 right now.

Incredible Member

Just finished Mignola's Baltimore series yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. I would recommend this to anybody who likes horror comics.

There is a distinct difference in scope and tone between roughly the first and the second half of the series: in the first half, the focus is on Baltimore and his antagonist, while the second half features a wider cast of characters and it's more of a "save the world" scenario.

The difference is quite noticeable and the supporting characters are not all fleshed-out equally but to me the series benefits from the wider scope because I do not think the focus during the first half could have carried on much longer (if I explain too much it will become spoilery).

Now on to Absolute Transmetropolitan 3. When I finished Volume 2, I could not wait to carry on but had to wait for Volume 3 to come out. Glad it's here, the first pages immediately threw me back into the world of Spider Jerusalem and reminded me why this book is so good.

Just read Alan Moore’s end of the universe story from the Mr Majestic book I had bound, absolutely outstanding stuff, I whole heartedly recommend it if you can get your hands on a copy

I'm getting V6 and V7 of the IDW TMNT for Christmas, so I'm reading the first 5 volumes again
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

started reading Detective Comics Rebirth Deluxe vol. 1. I like a lot of it but I'm not really a fan of Batwoman at all and she is extra annoying here. How can she tell Tim Drake of all people "Welcome to boot camp" ?! Tim has been with Batman fighting crime for a hell of a lot longer than she's been around. Or is this some weird New52 continuity that Rebirth didn't fix? Honestly the book would've been better with Tim as the leader.

All-New Member

I’m finally getting around to reading the collected editions of Morrison’s ‘The Invisibles’. Enjoying myself with it so far, can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get to this series, being a fan of most of Morrisons modern wotk.

The Marquis de sade storyline was pretty weird & offbeat as far as comic stories go.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm getting V6 and V7 of the IDW TMNT for Christmas, so I'm reading the first 5 volumes again
    Volume 8 is out before Crimbo too
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    started reading Detective Comics Rebirth Deluxe vol. 1. I like a lot of it but I'm not really a fan of Batwoman at all and she is extra annoying here. How can she tell Tim Drake of all people "Welcome to boot camp" ?! Tim has been with Batman fighting crime for a hell of a lot longer than she's been around. Or is this some weird New52 continuity that Rebirth didn't fix? Honestly the book would've been better with Tim as the leader.
    I like Detective more than Kings Batman.
    Later volumes focus less on Batwoman and more on Tim as far as storylines generally go. I generally don’t mind her but she’s just “ok”. I like Tim a lot in these books.
    The one negative (or sometimes positive) is how so much of the team seems to be on par fighting ability wise with Batman.