Page 64 of 220 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Volume 8 is out before Crimbo too
    I need more family members Anybody want to adopt me? I'm adorable!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Mighty Member

Volume 8 seems to start collecting the tmnt universe stuff, reducing the amount of the main series (also the case in the v9 fish). Are these worthy additions? I've always been more interested in the main narrative and thinking of maybe drippong these if they are only going to include a couple issues of that moving forward.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    started reading Detective Comics Rebirth Deluxe vol. 1. I like a lot of it but I'm not really a fan of Batwoman at all and she is extra annoying here. How can she tell Tim Drake of all people "Welcome to boot camp" ?! Tim has been with Batman fighting crime for a hell of a lot longer than she's been around. Or is this some weird New52 continuity that Rebirth didn't fix? Honestly the book would've been better with Tim as the leader.
    This is how I read it. Tim's been so damaged (irreparably?) it's not even funny...

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I like Detective more than Kings Batman.
    Ditto.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I finished the Defenders Marvel Epic: Ashes To Ashes today. I enjoyed this Defenders Epic collection better than the one before it, despite the same writer/artist team on both. The art is still pretty mediocre, but this collection started to show the humor I like DeMatteis for.

I finished Batman Volume 9: Bloom HC today. Wasn't bad. Took me a while to get through it because it didn't really grab me.

I've just finished reading Aquaman Volume 1: The Trench HC for the second time. I'm going to binge read volumes 1 to 8 in preparation for the film next month. So I've just plucked Aquaman Volume 2: The Others HC off my shelf to read next.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I loved that Aquaman run, so much!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I finished reading the Iron Man Epic: Duel of Iron, in which Tony Stark stops being a gutter-lush, and Rhodey starts going insane.

Fun read, but nothing earth-shattering. I had read a few of these issues when they came out, as a pre-teen. Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

I'm reading, probably for the 20th time at least, the Tomb of Dracula series in the Essential format. I adore the B&W art of Gene Colan and the writing of Marv Wolfman is top notch. I have a full run of the original issues but I much prefer to read them in their Essential form.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I finished reading the Iron Man Epic: Duel of Iron, in which Tony Stark stops being a gutter-lush, and Rhodey starts going insane.

Fun read, but nothing earth-shattering. I had read a few of these issues when they came out, as a pre-teen. Nostalgia is a powerful drug.
    I was kinda disappointed that Rhodey went nuts in order for Tony to come back but up till that point I think it was one of the best bronze age series I've read (the high point being how far O'Neill pushed Tony in his misery) but it still remained very entertaining after that.

Been reading The Silver Age Doom Patrol Vol #1.
    One of my favorite DC series.
    Cover._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I was kinda disappointed that Rhodey went nuts in order for Tony to come back but up till that point I think it was one of the best bronze age series I've read (the high point being how far O'Neill pushed Tony in his misery) but it still remained very entertaining after that.
    Yeah, Tony’s alcoholism was way more fully blown in this storyline versus the earlier “Demon in a Bottle” arc a couple years prior.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Yeah, Tony’s alcoholism was way more fully blown in this storyline versus the earlier “Demon in a Bottle” arc a couple years prior.
    Really enjoyed these epics. I am now reading the Gene Colan run on IronMan. Worth it for the art alone.

Incredible Member

Read Kingdom Come Deluxe Edition. Loved it. There is a lot going on in most every page/panel even for a deluxe/OHC sized page so I ordered it in Absolute form in a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Really enjoyed these epics. I am now reading the Gene Colan run on IronMan. Worth it for the art alone.
    Depending on the era, so far, I have really enjoyed the Epics. I own plenty of books that are Omnis, but I like how the Epics fill some of the gaps, despite how erratic they seem to be at times.

Incredible Member

Just finished Harrow County LE and pretty impressed. Bunn seems to nail the supernatural stuff for me between Sixth Gun and this one and the water coloring is superb. Can't wait for final Sixth Gun and next volume of this.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?