Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Punisher: Back to the War

All-New Member

Black Canary: Kicking and Screaming

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    The Shadow Volume One: Fire of Creation
    I need to get this but I want the hc which is going for silly prices so I'm not buying it unless I can find a good deal on it. Although I remember it being a bit underwhelming when I've first read it but I might have just skimmed through it as it came out. Now that I've read tons of Ennis Punisher I think he would be a good fit for an ongoing Shadow series.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I need to get this but I want the hc which is going for silly prices so I'm not buying it unless I can find a good deal on it. Although I remember it being a bit underwhelming when I've first read it but I might have just skimmed through it as it came out. Now that I've read tons of Ennis Punisher I think he would be a good fit for an ongoing Shadow series.
    This is my first TPB of The Shadow. I've been reading Year One in floppy form. I'm only half way through the trade so I'm reserving judgement until I finish it.

This is my first TPB of The Shadow. I've been reading Year One in floppy form. I'm only half way through the trade so I'm reserving judgement until I finish it.
    let me know what you think. I loved Year one and Shadow vs Grendel (Death of Margo Lane was good too but not as good as the other two) so I'll be buying this too eventually but I'm still interested in your opinion (not gonna get the rest though, read some Gishler stuff and I don't like his writing).

Finishing the second East of West hardcover. I'm really impressed by this series. I usually need sympathetic characters to get behind but this title succeeds on the world-building alone. I like that Death is much less of a focus in the second book than he was in the first. The art is immaculate.

The Adam Strange Archives vol. 2

BANNED

Last couple weeks:

Preacher the complete collection 1-6, absolutely one of the better runs I've come across. I don't know that I've ever read a series that managed to touch my heart, tickle my funny bone or (mildly) unsettle my stomach so frequently and consistently in rapid succession throughout the course of the entire run.

Grell's Green Arrow, from Longbow Hunters thru Blood of the Dragon. I just found it really solid, consistent storytelling from both a writing and artistic standpoint.

Batman/Gendel (both series). Recently bought the Gendel vs. Shadow HC and wanted to take a look at an earlier Wagner crossover attempt before diving into it. I find I still enjoy the slow burning deliberate pace of the first arc, though I also find myself wishing there had been a bit more emphasis on paying off the final confrontation. No such problems with the 2nd arc, it's just a well told action sci-fi romp that actually feels as much like the Batman vs. Terminator crossover we'll (probably) never get as a meeting with Grendel Prime.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Continuing my Daredevil/Marvel Events chronological reading (which also includes Spider-Man as of Spider-Man: One Moment in Time):

In recent months finished:
    Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 1 Omnibus/Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 3 OHC - probably my 3rd/4th time reading. Waid has written one of DD's best runs.
    Superior Spider-Man Vol. 1-2 OHCs - an entertaining ride.
    Infinity OHC/Infinity Companion OHC/Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Vol. 1 Omnibus - Very very good read with generally excellent art. Hickman is the "builder".
    Inhumanity OHC - pretty mediocre but the Mighty Avengers issues by Al Ewing shine.
    Several floppies including Nova #10, Marvel Now Point One, Ms. Marvel #1-2, Inhuman #1, amongst others and several "Avenging Spider-Man" issues.

Currently reading:
    Superior Spider-Man Vol. 3 OHC - Very enjoyable, currently on the Spidey event "Goblin Nation".
    Several related "Superior" floppies including Superior Team-Up #9-10
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 10-27-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    let me know what you think. I loved Year one and Shadow vs Grendel (Death of Margo Lane was good too but not as good as the other two) so I'll be buying this too eventually but I'm still interested in your opinion (not gonna get the rest though, read some Gishler stuff and I don't like his writing).
    I finally finished Fire and Creation. I quite liked it, but I don't have much other Shadow reading to compare it against. It definitely felt like an adult's book, with the language and it was fairly brutal, but then it is Ennis. So it didn't blow me away, but pretty enjoyable.

I'm currently reading the Star Wars Volume 1 OHC

I finally finished Fire and Creation. I quite liked it, but I don't have much other Shadow reading to compare it against. It definitely felt like an adult's book, with the language and it was fairly brutal, but then it is Ennis. So it didn't blow me away, but pretty enjoyable.

I'm currently reading the Star Wars Volume 1 OHC
    thanks! I will have to get that hc, shame it's limited and stupid expensive. But it's the shadow an it's Ennis!

Incredible Member

About halfway through Green Lantern Omnibus 2 (Johns), and Invisibles deluxe 2. Also just finished Doom Patrol (Gerard Way). I really liked it and will continue with this series.

Finally getting to my Gotham Central Omni

Quote Originally Posted by runwithit View Post
    Finally getting to my Gotham Central Omni
    You'll love it!