Page 74 of 220 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3287

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Just read Injection deluxe 1. What a read. It was a blind buy for me, but a good one!
    I'm starting up on Injection while also reading The Superior Spider-Man Complete Collection volume 2.....I'll probably finish Superior Spidey before getting back to Injection, Doc Oc as Spidey is just too much fun for me to be mentally distracted by other titles.

Astonishing Member

I finished reading recently Immortal Hulk:Vol.1 (TPB) and i am currently reading Marvel Fanfare:Strange Tales (TPB).
    Last edited by comicscollector; 01-15-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Just read Injection deluxe 1. What a read. It was a blind buy for me, but a good one!
    I'm about three issues in, but have not carried on reading for a few weeks. Have gone on a bit of a Manga run. Working through Death Note (a 6/7 out of 10 for me with 300 pages left, but I want to finish it while its fresh in my memory- its been a slog at times, and hasn't really lived up the promise at times. Too much adolescent nonsense and non-sequitar plots at times, but a solid concept and a cut above a lot of other manga. Maybe my view will change when I get to the end).

Anyway, this gives me the focus to get back to Injection and to finish it once I'm done with Death Note.

Prince Valiant Vol. 1. I'll never get tired of Hal Foster's art, but i think a lot of people will be turned off by the narrator style writing. You get used to it, but it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    I'm about three issues in, but have not carried on reading for a few weeks. Have gone on a bit of a Manga run. Working through Death Note (a 6/7 out of 10 for me with 300 pages left, but I want to finish it while its fresh in my memory- its been a slog at times, and hasn't really lived up the promise at times. Too much adolescent nonsense and non-sequitar plots at times, but a solid concept and a cut above a lot of other manga. Maybe my view will change when I get to the end).

Anyway, this gives me the focus to get back to Injection and to finish it once I'm done with Death Note.
    My opinion was the same on Death note and I didn't feel like the end changed anything really. Decent series but I really don't get the hype. Injection on the other hand lived up to it but maybe the first couple of issues are a bit slow and confusing. But when it gets going it gets really good.

Just finished both Absolute League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, haven’t read them in a while and never in the Absolute format, still hold up, and the Absolutes were of better quality as well (although second book with script is wasted on me) with the faux leather covers, onto Black Dossier next which I remember reading before some time ago and hating it, see if I like it any better this time

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just finished both Absolute League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, haven’t read them in a while and never in the Absolute format, still hold up, and the Absolutes were of better quality as well (although second book with script is wasted on me) with the faux leather covers, onto Black Dossier next which I remember reading before some time ago and hating it, see if I like it any better this time
    That's pretty cool you have those, I missed out on buying those but would love having them in that size. One of my favorite runs.

I read New Mutants epic #1 last week and enjoyed it for the most part. The stories were a mixed bag but the character development was satisfying. This is the one X-book I never read back when.

Currently reading X-Men epic The Gift, unfortunately I had to skip issues from the end of omni #3 but not holding my breath waiting for another omni. Great stuff of course, except Annual #8 cause I hate the art.

Incredible Member

I read through all the Absolute LOEG editions once, plus the regular size hardcover containing the Century Trilogy. I vividly remember the first and second Absolutes and that I rally liked them. Black Dossier I found somewhat confusing and did not like it very much. The Century Trilogy was better but also not as memorable.

Still have to read Moore's Nemo Trilogy. Hope that that is more in line with the first two Absolute editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I read through all the Absolute LOEG editions once, plus the regular size hardcover containing the Century Trilogy. I vividly remember the first and second Absolutes and that I rally liked them. Black Dossier I found somewhat confusing and did not like it very much. The Century Trilogy was better but also not as memorable.

Still have to read Moore's Nemo Trilogy. Hope that that is more in line with the first two Absolute editions.

Read the Nemo trilogy recently and it is very much in line with the first two book, a straight forward, cracking story

Incredible Member

Read the Nemo trilogy recently and it is very much in line with the first two book, a straight forward, cracking story
    That's reassuring, thanks

All-New Member

Just recently finished up reading the Geoff Johns Green Lantern Omnibus volumes (1-3). Currently started reading the Judge Dredd Complete Case Files. As well as a few of the collected Dredd stories (America and Origins).

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptFile View Post
    Just recently finished up reading the Geoff Johns Green Lantern Omnibus volumes (1-3). Currently started reading the Judge Dredd Complete Case Files. As well as a few of the collected Dredd stories (America and Origins).
    What did you think of GL? I loved V1 and V2, but V3 was definitely the weakest in my opinion.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    My opinion was the same on Death note and I didn't feel like the end changed anything really. Decent series but I really don't get the hype. Injection on the other hand lived up to it but maybe the first couple of issues are a bit slow and confusing. But when it gets going it gets really good.
    After finishing it, I'm in the same boat. It maybe went on too long, and became very convoluted. I'm gonna attack Injection today, looking forward to reading it now.

Incredible Member

Just finished Sanctum, written by Xavier Dorison with art from Christophe Bec (published by Humanoids). Great quality production as usual from Humanoids.

Interesting story, great art - generally I liked it. But two things bothered me:

1. The faces of a lot of the persons looked similar and the characters were not distinguishable enough so it was hard to root for individuals other than certain easily identifiable ones.
    2. I do not understand the ending. I have an idea what they were going for but it was very rushed and I don't know what it all means.

Currently reading the next entry in the Jodoverse, namely the Metabarons. I have the oversized slipcase edition, which shows off the art very nicely.

In the coming weeks, I will focus on finishing series that I have started but not gone back to for a long time. This will include the other entries in the Jodoverse, but also the third Knightfall omnibus, as well as the second and third Wonder Woman by Perez omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    What did you think of GL? I loved V1 and V2, but V3 was definitely the weakest in my opinion.
    especially considering the third army arc makes absolutely no sense without issues not included in the omnibus.