Page 79 of 220 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3299

Abe Sapien dark & terrible, into book 2 as ive just finished book one, not enjoying it, quite boring and I’m finding the artwork to be poor, took a break after book three of Hell on Earth (which I’m enjoying) to read the sapien stuff, wish I hadn’t bothered

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Abe Sapien dark & terrible, into book 2 as ive just finished book one, not enjoying it, quite boring and I’m finding the artwork to be poor, took a break after book three of Hell on Earth (which I’m enjoying) to read the sapien stuff, wish I hadn’t bothered
    I read it as it was coming out and found it really dull, yet still ended up buying the hardcovers for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    I read it as it was coming out and found it really dull, yet still ended up buying the hardcovers for some reason
    I've also read a couple of issues when it was coming out, didn't really like it (felt unnecessarily dour and predictable) then bought the hcs. Because so far I've enjoyed everything else from the Mignolaverse.
    Ah well, give it a year and they will probably go for twice the RRP on ebay (although I kinda hope I will like them more the second time around).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    This is one of those books that I love hearing people's opinions on after they read, I hope you share when you've finished. I know many love it, myself included, others not so much.
    Will do. I've read the first few issues and I must say it's pretty dark.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I'm going to try to wait for the next LE as I try not to double dip on stuff, but this one could be difficult. I could see me breaking that rule. I had no idea about the two tie in books. I hope they get the LE treatment as well.
    I should probably do that too but its so good I can't wait. I just read the third book and its so good. I will typically add in smaller trades in an order from IST to offset the high shipping on the larger books. I just added in Doctor Star in an order the other day. Sherlock Frankenstein does tie into the whole Black Hammer series so hopefully it would get the LE treatment. I recommend picking it up. I enjoyed it as much as the Black Hammer books.
    I see also there is another tie in book coming in May. Quantum Age.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I am currently reading The New Mutants Epic Collection "Renewal."

This covers the earliest issues of NM and the Magik 4-issue limited series. The stories are enjoyable, and they have some really nice artwork from Sal Buscema.

Incredible Member

Fantastic Four by Lee & Kirby omnibus volume 2. After more Silver Age silliness, I finally arrived at the introduction of the Inhumans and the coming of Galactus. You can tell that it's getting better now from issue to issue. Hopefully it stays like this.

Definitely an improvement over the first omnibus.

Terry and the Pirates Vol. 1. I'm only about 40 pages in. Its a rough start but i hear it gets better as you go along.

About half-way through "Conan the Barbarian: The Original Marvel Years" Omnibus Vol. 1.

Planetary Omnibus. I am enjoying the Marvel & DC Superhero analogues that keep popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Fantastic Four by Lee & Kirby omnibus volume 2. After more Silver Age silliness, I finally arrived at the introduction of the Inhumans and the coming of Galactus. You can tell that it's getting better now from issue to issue. Hopefully it stays like this.

Definitely an improvement over the first omnibus.
    Ah, the silver age silliness is quite strong here!

I am not sure which moment was my favorite. Sue hiding a head shot of Namor in the bookshelf or Reed scaring off the Skrulls with some pictures of ants. And those are just the tip of the iceberg.

Just started the Kirby "New Gods" collection. Also reading through the Fantagraphics Prince Valiant books with my son (bedtime stories).

933BBA31-6EA3-41C6-9CB1-B13843AC6BAA.jpg

Finally getting around to reading this, and it’s as fantastic as I remember, oh Wildstorm, how I miss thee
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading the Vision OHC by Tom King, Gabriel Walta and Jordie Bellaire. It is so very good. The first issue was pretty dark and it just seemed to get darker but then various rays of light would appear. It's a very real story about unreal people i.e. robots. Very heartwrenching but also heartwarming with twists and turns. If you never found the Vision interesting, this will change your mind. The interactions between Vision and his wife Virginia and the kids and their actions and the consequences that follow are profound and true to life. The art by Walta and colours by Bellaire perfectly grasp what King puts across in the story. I reread it in parts particularly after reading the letters pages. There is a ton of additional material in the second half of the book including all the said letters pages, variant covers, script and sketches and a couple of interviews and an analysis of the art and panels layout. It could have been published as a nice little Omnibus if it had better quality paper and was sewn. The only downside of the OHC is the physical quality - flimsy paper and glued. Other than that, it's quite the masterpiece and IMHO deserves the praise it's received. Something to be reread several times.

I'm reading some Bronze age Horror with House of Secrets.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.