Page 82 of 220 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3296

Terminator Tempest and One Shot from DH, crap but a nostalgic crap

Read the first deluxe volume of Paper Girls & read the first 3 issues of the first deluxe volume of The Wicked + The Divine...Unfortunately both were a waste of my time.

The art in Paper Girls was beautiful. But the story did nothing for me.

I had so much trouble trying to figure out what the hell was going on in The Wicked + The Divine that I just gave up. The whole thing seemed a mess.

On to my first venture into Sandman. Hoping I have better luck!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Just out of interest, what would you say is Ennis' best stuff? I've read very little by him.

Punisher Max is his best work by far. Unfortunately, it gets overshadowed by Preacher, which is good, but nowhere near as good as Garth's Punisher Max run.

Fury Max is pretty good, also, as is Sara.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Before I started to re-read Preacher I probably would of said that, I have a few Ennis books, The Boys, the Punisher stuff, actually, thinking about it, it’s been a while since I read it and it may also disappoint me after all this time, but I’d go with hitman being his best stuff, when he’s given free reign, it’s as if profanity and gruesome deaths take the place of a good story, being tied to the DC proper (somewhat) forced him to concentrate on character and story, and it was much better, be nice to get a Hitman omni

I thought Hitman was horrible.....I didn't like The Boys, and I also didn't care for the regular Punisher run by Ennis (Regular as in Punisher, not Punisher Max).

Just read

Frankenstein Underground TPB

Extraordinary Member

Just finished Morrison's Animal Man. Sadly I knew the ending due to being spoiled a long time back, but i was still fun.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading thw Superman/Shazam: First Thunder Deluxe OHC. An OK story by Judd Winnick. Nothing amazing although there were some nice moments when both heroes found a moment to talk to each other. This was a major redeeming factor. Also, I'm not really a big fan of the art by Joshua Middleton. It wasn't bad but not totally my style.

I'm currently juggling Fables Deluxe, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Mind MGMT. My plan was to read all 150 issues of Fables within the month, but I took a break halfway through, where the story begins to dip in quality. I started Nausicaa on Friday, but I have been too busy to sit down and really appreciate Miyazaki's art and story. I picked up MIND MGMT today to read on my morning commutes. I'll wrap that up in about 2 or 3 days and go back to Fables.. ugh. I can't stand the Jack of Fables stuff. Anyone else hate Jack Horner?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoked Ham View Post
    I'm currently juggling Fables Deluxe, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Mind MGMT. My plan was to read all 150 issues of Fables within the month, but I took a break halfway through, where the story begins to dip in quality. I started Nausicaa on Friday, but I have been too busy to sit down and really appreciate Miyazaki's art and story. I picked up MIND MGMT today to read on my morning commutes. I'll wrap that up in about 2 or 3 days and go back to Fables.. ugh. I can't stand the Jack of Fables stuff. Anyone else hate Jack Horner?
    The Great Fables Crossover with Jack of Fables is the absolute low point of the series. However, everything else is so good, I can overlook it.

Almost halfway through Absolute Sandman Vol 1. I love it! Looking forward to grabbing the rest of the series and reading it over the next couple months.

I usually juggle several books at once too. But I blasted through V for Vendetta pretty quickly the past week, first time reading it actually. The deluxe HC is nice, I liked the paper choice. The story itself was great with certain parts more difficult because of the language used. I felt like I needed subtitles at times. I found the story very relevant and contemporary.

Now I started the Superman Exile omni and still reading the Dr. Strange by Lee/Ditko omni.

I normally have a comic book and a novel going at the same time.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Reading a few things but went back and started reading Absolute Sandman 1 right after I had read Absolute Sandman Overture. Overture is a thing of beauty art wise. I will read it again soon. I am enjoying Sandman 1 more than the first time I read it (and I enjoyed it quite a bit the first time). I didn't realize the first time, just how much the early Sandman stories tapped into the DC universe.

Amazing Member

I juggle far too many books at one time really.

Usually I am reading a Marvel book, a DC book, some manga, a novel, a history book and a poetry collection as well.

Incredible Member

Currently reading the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe omnibus. That book‘s binding is not great. It’s like a mouse trap...

Story is quite enjoyable so far but nothing special. I’m waiting for some kind of big bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoked Ham View Post

I hated Jack Horner in the early Fables storylines, but when he had his own book, I loved him. I haven't read the cross-over yet, though......I recently upgraded the second half of my Fables collection to the deluxe hardcovers and that cross-over was the only section of Fables (Aside from Fairest) I had never gotten to.

For me Jack of Fables had a horrible start. At some point everything finally clicked and I thought it was hilarious. My theory is that Willingham was pretty hands off in the early issues, then as the crossover approached he got more involved.

The biggest problem was the new concepts that were introduced that were not well explained. I don't know how you could enjoy the crossover without having read Jack of Fables but it was a very rough start for me. One day I will reread them to see if it works better knowing whats going on from issue 1.

That said I personally think you could stop reading Fables when the war ends. I don't think it ever reached those heights again.