Page 86 of 220 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3287

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    that surprised me. You usually sell anything you don't like with extreme prejudice
    I can be a bit of a sentimentalist now and again

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading Shazam! A Celebration of 75 Years HC. An overall enjoyable read. The earlier stories were pretty corny of course but they had very decent art. As with all of these 75 Years HC books, it would be so much better if they would include more pages of text and history. Each era has a page or so but they are mostly reprints or abridged pieces from the HC Archives or other collections. It would have been cool if they had also included the issues including the first appearances of Captain Marvel Jr and Mister Tawky Tawny. Other than those, a decent collection of issues. The last issue included was from Justice League #21 (New 52) in which the whole issue was devoted to Captain Marvel (normally just a backup story in the earlier JL issues). This issue rounded off the story by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank which the Shazam movie was in the majority based on. I pulled out all my Justice League issues to reread it. I wouldn't mind Johns and Frank's story getting the OHC deluxe treatment. Pretty good overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I wouldn't mind Johns and Frank's story getting the OHC deluxe treatment. Pretty good overall.
    It’s apparently happening (unless it was cancelled): https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...deluxe-edition

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    It’s apparently happening (unless it was cancelled): https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...deluxe-edition
    I thought it was solicited but then cancelled, and they then released it as the Shazam Origins TPB. If it is getting a release, I'm in.

Wasteland: the apocalyptic editions. Read the first, now the second. I really like this. And it's nice that it's completed so I can binge it

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Predator the original comic series LE, awful, awful stuff, I seem to remember it being weak when i collected as it originally came, but I underestimated its badness
    I've been wanting to buy the Anniversary Original Comic Series hardcovers for Predator, Aliens and Terminator but this is exactly what has held me up.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    I've been wanting to buy the Anniversary Original Comic Series hardcovers for Predator, Aliens and Terminator but this is exactly what has held me up.
    Aliens is the best of the bunch, there was some really poor comics around back in ye olde days

Deadly Class LE 2, read the first one and it didn’t really click, then started watching the TV show, which I thought sucked, so held off reading book 2 as I couldn’t drum up any enthusiasm for it, but it has been fantastic, full of shocking twists and turns, now I’m wondering if I should give the show another go, but the book, heartily recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Deadly Class LE 2, read the first one and it didn’t really click, then started watching the TV show, which I thought sucked, so held off reading book 2 as I couldn’t drum up any enthusiasm for it, but it has been fantastic, full of shocking twists and turns, now I’m wondering if I should give the show another go, but the book, heartily recommended
    glad vol 2 changed your mind. I loved both, such an engaging series.

It's been a while since I picked up and read a collected edition of any kind, but I'm now reading Tom King's Mr Miracle TPB.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I just finished Knightfall, so now I can finally get to rereading my first ever comic series; Y: The Last Man
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I just finished the new Death and Return of Superman Omnibus.

I had never read these before now. There were a few loose ends, like what is Doomsday, and who created him. Far different from the animated takes I had seen on this story.

Overall, it was an enjoyable story with mostly mediocre art, which unfortunately seemed the industry standard at the time it came out. It was also around the same time I had stopped reading comics for almost 15 years.

On to Absolute Sandman book two at home and thankfully, it’s as good as it was all those years ago, at work, It’s Chew, the Smorgasbord editions, read the first 4 deluxe editions ages ago and I loved them, then I realised there were some slipcase editions, so I sold the deluxes, But I never got around to reading them until now, so looking forward to finishing the series for the first time
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 05-12-2019 at 07:04 AM.

BANNED

Rereading Iron Man from Extremis through Civil War II (skipping Taylor and Gillen runs as I didn't like them). The Fraction run is especially good and holds up pretty well in my opinion.

Next up:
    Daredevil by Brubaker. Never read this before so I'm excited. Love Bru.
    Avengers West Coast by Byrne. First read also.
    Conan the Adventurer #1-14. Single issues. I don't know if this was ever released as TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Next up:
    Daredevil by Brubaker. Never read this before so I'm excited. Love Bru.
    It’s excellent. Though if you’ve not read Bendis’s (also excellent) run, I strongly recommend you do so first, as Brubaker’s run is a direct continuation.