Page 96 of 219 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3275
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading Shazam: The New Beginnings Deluxe OHC by Roy & Dann Thomas. The main 4-issue story which retconned Captain Marvel's origin was pretty good and an enjoyable
    read. It was probably slightly controversial for some Captain Marvel fans due to the role Dr. Sivana would now play. The art by Tom Mandrake was ok but I wasn't too keen on how the faces were depicted - quite a few "ugly" faces. Captain Marvel's adventures were continued in the additional stories in Action Comics Weekly #623-#626. I preferred the art here by Rick Stasi and Rick Magyar. Not a bad story in which Billy Batson infiltrates a racist organisation although it seemed a bit rushed. The deluxe OHC seems quite a bit overpriced at $34.99 at only 128 pages and with no additional material whatsoever with the exception of a 2-page introduction by Roy Thomas. The pages are matte and not glossy. I think I may have preferred the latter. Was this material hard to reproduce/reprint? IMHO, it shouldn't have a higher RRP than $30.

Iron Man Omnibus by David Michelinie, Bob Layton and John Romita Jr, collects issues 115-157.

Some of Iron Man's best stories.

Oldboy, collected in three volumes

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Amazing Member

Making my way through Avengers stories beginning with vol. 1 & 2 of Busiek and Perez omnibi. Finished these last week.

Currently I am reading book two of the Geoff Johns collection.

Up next will be the Bendis era.

Incredible Member

On the second Sandman Omnibus at the moment. Really loved the first omnibus.

Before that, I read Black Hammer, Blacksad, Iron FIst Omnibus and complete collection 2 and Saga Deluxe editions 1-3.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Started reading Superman: Kryptonite The Deluxe Edition by Darwyn Cooke, Tim Sale & Dave Stewart. Enjoying it.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Finished Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Volume 3, and currently reading The New Teen Titans Omnibus Volume 1.

Just finished Aliens - fire & stone and life & death, what a load of crap and a waste of a license, if they can’t make a good story out of aliens and predators, let someone else have it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just finished Aliens - fire & stone and life & death, what a load of crap and a waste of a license, if they can’t make a good story out of aliens and predators, let someone else have it
    I completely agree! Sold mine right away after reading it. I don't even know if I finished it.

Reading volume 2 of the Giffen/Grant Lobo collection. These are so "treasurable". Does anyone know if there's a 3rd volume on the way?
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Tales of the Batman: Archie Goodwin.
    I like the 70's stories better then his 90's output. Manhunter was a great series.

ArchieGoodwin.jpg

Incredible Member

Doing a big Marvel Hickman Read-A-Thon:

Secret Warriors Omnibus
    SHIELD The Human Machine
    SHIELD Architects of Forever
    Fantastic Four Omnibus 1
    Fantastic Four Omnibus 2
    Ultimate Thor
    Ultimates 1
    Ultimate Hawkeye
    Ultimates 2
    Avengers Omnibus 1
    Avengers Omnibus 2
    Secret Wars

Started yesterday and am already halfway through his Secret Warriors Omnibus. Loving it so far, can never get enough of Nick Fury and Hydra etc. This omnibus contains quite some elements that were used in the Agents of Shield TV series.

Before I finish the omnibus, I may actually read the SHIELD books in between. I heard that there are references to SHIELD in the second half of the Secret Warriors omnibus.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Just finished re-reading an old fave: Volume 1 of Secret Society of Super-Villains. Fascinating how it would change direction every few months, and not smoothly.

Started Empowered and gave up at the start of vol 2. I just didn't care.
    Read Batman Dark Victory, which I've read and liked when I've read it almost a decade ago.
    Did not like it this time, it was a slog and just not interesting at all. Also I feel like I'm over Sale's art now. It does nothing for me.
    Started Nailbiter, which after two days of trying to get into it, resulted in posting 14 Image hardcovers for sale because I've realized I can't be bothered with these.
    The art was a huge detriment to this book too, it's not bad but it just doesn't feel right for this story.

So after 3 books in a row I disliked, I've hesitantly started reading Baltimore and finished the first book in one sitting. It's not amazing but it's solid, didn't make me angry and it feels like Mignola didn't want to wow you by throwing cool stuff in your face and exposition disguised as snappy dialogue, he just tells a story and calls it a day...and that's more than fine by me.

But I think I feel less enthusiastic about comics that I've ever been in my life.
    It might just be that tv and movies caught up with the spectacle so putting crazy, out there ideas in your books is just not enough anymore?

i think you have hit the nail on the head, too many interesting TV shows out there now, the comic has got to be really good or it just becomes a slog