Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    To be fair, it seemed as if Elektra was amped up A LOT since her resurrection. She certainly didn't pull off any moves even similar in DDS2.
    Jessica rammed Electra with a car, and she got up relatively unharmed. So I think Electra had to be at least a low end meta human.

Mighty Member

Ugh, Bullseye. I've accepted that it's almost certainly going to happen at some point, but I'm not looking forward to it at all. He's easily my least favorite of the prominent DD villians, and he's just such a caricature at this point. Though perhaps the show could do something to breathe some life into the dull old bastard.

Typhoid Mary or die! Come on, this show needs more female roles, and her duality echoes Matt's. Plus it would let them challenge the Matt + Karen expectation for at least another season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Ugh, Bullseye. I've accepted that it's almost certainly going to happen at some point, but I'm not looking forward to it at all. He's easily my least favorite of the prominent DD villians, and he's just such a caricature at this point. Though perhaps the show could do something to breathe some life into the dull old bastard.

Typhoid Mary or die! Come on, this show needs more female roles, and her duality echoes Matt's. Plus it would let them challenge the Matt + Karen expectation for at least another season.
    Ideally Bullseye should be the most deadly person Matt ever faces. Whos that in complete control type of insane. A hired assasin who finds the hunt and his ego more important then the actual money. And they shouldnt nerf him. Everything should be a weapon from a gun to a toothpick. Imagine some of the cool scenes they can do with him doing impossible shit to complete a job. I admit in the comics he became goofy at times but i doubt netflix would go that route. Hes a guy who never misses nd always completes the job. Daredevil messes that up and it becomes personal. All the while Fisk is behind everything. You can throw Thyphoid mary in there too as Bullseyes and Matts showdown should be saved for the last couple epiosdes.

I think Bullseye can be very interesting as a charatcer and with his skill set it can make for some crazy scenes. But it depends what they do with him. If they make him a looney bin insane characture it could be really goofy. Then the Afflek movie gave him no personality at all. So i can see why ppl might be hesitent with the characters history in the comics and on screen

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I really, really liked Defenders. All the characters had their moments to shine and things came together nicely.

The Born Again moment felt a bit out of place, though. I know they can't repeat the story beat for beat, but the mission scene simply doesn't mean as much to me when it's divorced from Matt having just been thoroughly destroyed mentally and physically by Wilson Fisk. Matt's 'death' in the explosion was rather generic by comparison. Just a slight misgiving, though--certainly nothing that would undermine my faith in the creative forces behind Marvel's Netflix shows. Because man, they have been knocking it out the park.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

And worth mentioning, the most poignant moment for me was when Luke Cage was at the mother's house when she found out her son had been killed in prison. I knew it was coming and it still shook me up.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I really, really liked Defenders. All the characters had their moments to shine and things came together nicely.

The Born Again moment felt a bit out of place, though. I know they can't repeat the story beat for beat, but the mission scene simply doesn't mean as much to me when it's divorced from Matt having just been thoroughly destroyed mentally and physically by Wilson Fisk. Matt's 'death' in the explosion was rather generic by comparison. Just a slight misgiving, though--certainly nothing that would undermine my faith in the creative forces behind Marvel's Netflix shows. Because man, they have been knocking it out the park.
    I've never read Born Again but I'm sad I'm never gonna see Hard core
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

So with the new picture of Misty stone bionic arm and confirmation luke Cage is filiming mean were getting S2 of Luke Cage before JJ s2. Or did they start filming that already too?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So with the new picture of Misty stone bionic arm and confirmation luke Cage is filiming mean were getting S2 of Luke Cage before JJ s2. Or did they start filming that already too?
    I thought JJs2 started filming before Cage

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I thought JJs2 started filming before Cage
    Oh i didnt know it was filming thats why im asking. How do these keep these shows underwraps. DD filming too right? So we get all 3 next year

Mighty Member

Ideally Bullseye should be the most deadly person Matt ever faces.
    Why? That's my point. The guy is a C-list nobody elevated by one sequence in Frank Miller's opus. Why should we let him be DD's nemesis? Frankly, Bullseye bores me to tears, and I dread any time he appears because it always completely derails the book. He's a joke, not a threat. Which isn't to say that writers haven't used him well, from time to time. For example, Waid's first Bullseye story with Hikari was excellent. But largely because it subverted everything about the character and went in a wholly different direction.

I think Bullseye can be very interesting as a charatcer and with his skill set it can make for some crazy scenes.
    I'll grant you that it could make for some interesting visuals, but I don't care about that. That's just fluff, especially in a longer format like the Netflix shows. There are plenty of cool action scenes to be had without adding Bullseye. What does he bring to the table for Matt? Nothing. The only thing Bullseye is ever remembered for has already been used without him. What can he tell us about Matt's world, or Matt as a human being? Very little, as he exists in the comics. He's a one note, character-free cutout from a bygone age. He hates DD for reasons, and insists on continuing to lose time and time again because of his pride and ego. He doesn't add anything in terms of personality or metaphor that you couldn't do even more effectively with Fisk, and he gets in the way of potentially more interesting characters appearing.

Now, again, that's not to say they couldn't give him some of what the comic book version lacks (a personality beyond "KILL DD!") in the MCU. Maybe the creative minds in play have a story that can use Bullseye to say interesting things about Matt, or his world. I'm not opposed if they want to try, and if they succeed, then cool. Considering his profile, it would be awesome to see somebody come up with something for him that wasn't just the same, trite, old, recycled tropes.

But honestly? I'd rather they just don't use him. There are too many other good characters that deserve a shot at exposure and who can actually contribute in terms of character work.

Incredible Member

Why? That's my point. The guy is a C-list nobody elevated by one sequence in Frank Miller's opus. Why should we let him be DD's nemesis? Frankly, Bullseye bores me to tears, and I dread any time he appears because it always completely derails the book. He's a joke, not a threat. Which isn't to say that writers haven't used him well, from time to time. For example, Waid's first Bullseye story with Hikari was excellent. But largely because it subverted everything about the character and went in a wholly different direction.

I'll grant you that it could make for some interesting visuals, but I don't care about that. That's just fluff, especially in a longer format like the Netflix shows. There are plenty of cool action scenes to be had without adding Bullseye. What does he bring to the table for Matt? Nothing. The only thing Bullseye is ever remembered for has already been used without him. What can he tell us about Matt's world, or Matt as a human being? Very little, as he exists in the comics. He's a one note, character-free cutout from a bygone age. He hates DD for reasons, and insists on continuing to lose time and time again because of his pride and ego. He doesn't add anything in terms of personality or metaphor that you couldn't do even more effectively with Fisk, and he gets in the way of potentially more interesting characters appearing.

Now, again, that's not to say they couldn't give him some of what the comic book version lacks (a personality beyond "KILL DD!") in the MCU. Maybe the creative minds in play have a story that can use Bullseye to say interesting things about Matt, or his world. I'm not opposed if they want to try, and if they succeed, then cool. Considering his profile, it would be awesome to see somebody come up with something for him that wasn't just the same, trite, old, recycled tropes.

But honestly? I'd rather they just don't use him. There are too many other good characters that deserve a shot at exposure and who can actually contribute in terms of character work.
    Who are the "many other good characters" that you want to see go up against DD?

I said he should be the most deadly person Matt ever faces not his Nemesis. Thats is Fisk.. Bullseyes got the kinda skills that anyone in eyesight can be killed at anytime with anything. And he also would have to be working for someone like Kingpin so he wouldnt be thee villian he would be the physical threat. Plus when written well i like Bullseye and given how popular of a charatcer he is im not alone.

BANNED

So I finish this show. What a fucking mess this was. This may very well have been the slowest show I've ever seen before. Whole episodes where just nothing happens at all. Funny thing is they could have easily remedied this by giving characters whole episodes so we at least feel like we've watched something by the end. It's ok if you're episodes double back on things if we're seeing it from a different POV tv show, we don't need to follow all four (or five) people at the same time cutting back and forth insuring long stretches of nothing happen. When episode six came around I was happy to see something finally happened. I was surprised when I discovered that was basically the end of the show.

I get that they know people binge watch this stuff, so they're basically just making a long movie, but this was ridiculous. People would flip out if they were watching a movie that took something like three and a half hours before it started going.

Oh, I hated this shows character transitions. They're so lazy looking and they're happening all the time. They feel like everything wrong with modern scene transitions, and they just keep hitting you with them over and over again.

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut