Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

The show went from enjoyable to very good, only because of the last episode. It was awesome.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Pretty much your standard Marvel Netflix show. X episodes of slow build up with a couple of good moments leading to a meh finale.

Random Thoughts:

- Can we have a Daughters of the Dragon series please. Colleen's been the best thing about both Iron Fist and now Defenders.
    - Who thought on a series about people coming back from the dead in a universe where people repeatedly come back from the dead where one of the characters involved had only recently come back from the dead that an exciting, moving finale would be thinking that two characters might be dead?
    - The Jessica nerfing continues. Made worse by Luke's presence who got to do most of the heavy lifting - with one literal exception. But that's the point. The elevator bit was so cool, why only showcase Jessica's strength once? I know they wanna play up her reluctant hero angle (sometimes to a fault) but what's the point of her even being in it if half the time she's only there to be all snarky and be a bit rubbish in fights.
    - Alexandra might the single most superfluous antagonist in any MCU related TV/Movie we've seen so far.
    - So Elektra is a straight up villain? Or is still corrupted? Or was like that all along? Or is... what now?
    - There was some seriously dodgy greenscreen stuff in that lift. It was like watching 70's Doctor Who.
    - What was up with that random hip-hop track during the big fight?
    Yes please, I'm all for this as well.

download.jpg

Leaked image of the villain from the second season of The Defenders
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I wanted to see Iron Fist wear his damn mask. They had such a good excuse for it too. Danny could have been inspired by the way Matt wore Jessica's scarf and flashed back to that video Bokuto showed him of 1940's Iron FIst. It doesn't even need the eye slits, they could just make up some nonsense about Rand Industries see-through silk, or whatever, and he could wear it like Matt wore his season one disguise. That's called 'synergy.'
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I wanted to see Iron Fist wear his damn mask. They had such a good excuse for it too. Danny could have been inspired by the way Matt wore Jessica's scarf and flashed back to that video Bokuto showed him of 1940's Iron FIst. It doesn't even need the eye slits, they could just make up some nonsense about Rand Industries see-through silk, or whatever, and he could wear it like Matt wore his season one disguise. That's called 'synergy.'
    Finn gave an interview and implied Daredevil will have an impact on Danny, which may prompt him to get a costume.

20170819_184015.jpg lined up my Defenders funko pops to watch with me. There is no Netflix Universe Iron Fist but I made do.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Pretty good overall. My main concern was if Iron Fist would be better here and, I guess the answer is yes, but not by much. I love the glimmers of his playful boyish nature, but whenever he gets serious it is just grating or unintentionally funny. His whinyness has to go.

Sadly I am still not impressed with his fight choreo, and am barely convinced he is doing it. It's still seems a tad clumsy in some places. Like someone with barely a sense of rhythm trying to dance.

Everyone has a reason to be in this fight, but Danny seems to be the main focus, which is perfectly fine; but what is funny is that DD is WAY more impressive of a fighter which I thought even before The Defenders premiered AND Danny is no lack luster even in power I'm surprised the Hand aren't equally if not more impressed with Cage's abilities.

Well I guess because he can't open that door, but even so. Good to see all fingers of the hand, but Alexandra was and Gao are the only intimidating ones, Alex because she was well written and acted (obviously) and Gao because of her puppetry in the past.

Potential spoilers
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /

I made some comments in the other thread, so I'll do so here as well. Overall I enjoyed the series. I liked the dynamics with the team-ups. I'll add that I really enjoyed the meetings of the supporting characters (especially Karen and Trish meeeowww!).

I'm glad it didn't go 13 episodes. Coulda been 9 or 10 though.

And I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Misty! Will they link the shows to the movies by giving her Stark tech?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Potential spoilers
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /

I made some comments in the other thread, so I'll do so here as well. Overall I enjoyed the series. I liked the dynamics with the team-ups. I'll add that I really enjoyed the meetings of the supporting characters (especially Karen and Trish meeeowww!).

I'm glad it didn't go 13 episodes. Coulda been 9 or 10 though.

And I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Misty! Will they link the shows to the movies by giving her Stark tech?
    I'm guessing Danny owns stock in a tech company. Not sure who is still available for them to use.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I'm guessing Danny owns stock in a tech company. Not sure who is still available for them to use.
    Yeah, I was trying to remember if Hammer tech was discontinued (a good thing if true of course). Then there are fringe outfits like we saw with the Vulture in Homecoming, and weapon designers like we saw in LC

Well I meant someone who hasn't appeared In the movies yet

Matt "peace out suckas"

Hmm, yeah, I'm trying to think of someone too

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Hmm, yeah, I'm trying to think of someone too
    Only person I can think of is Alistair Smythe

Matt "peace out suckas"

It was "fine." Honestly, I wanted more out of this. Whereas the Marvel films are meticulously constructed so that they fit together fairly seamlessly, this show felt jumbled together. For me, the Hand was an overall failure, and the Netflix universe would do well to just leave them alone going forward.

Alexandra, for me, benefited from having a great big name actress, but her character ended up being thin as hell. They tried to portray her as a Kingpin-type, with a dignified, yet brutal, aura, but there was nothing behind it. You learn nothing about her outside of her desire to live.

Even though the show itself wasn't a failure, the show was just good enough. They need to collect their bearings and regroup. That starts from the top down. I've never been a fan of Loeb, and he's definitely no Kevin Feige. Iron Fist was a colossal failure and Inhumans is getting some bad early buzz -- add this to the equation, and the dude is whiffing.

The best part of the show was seeing the characters come together, of course. But after a couple episodes, the show couldn't use it as a crutch anymore.

Jessica Jones, for me, had the best showcase. She's the easiest character to showcase, though -- she has the benefit of having all the snark, so she's great fanservice...she says all the things we'd say.

Daredevil will always be my favorite on these shows, and I will always carry a torch for the dysfunctional relationship with Elektra. I want them to be miserably in love forever. I also wanted more stuff with them, even though they're running the risk of making Elektra way too convoluted a character. They need to strip away the b/s and get back to basics with her, especially.

Matt had a great courtroom scene in the first episode that made me yearn for more of that bend for a Daredevil season 3.

Luke was okay, but faded to the background in the final episodes. I've never been that much of a fan of the actor, even though he looks the part. There's just always that part of his performance that reads inauthentic to me. I think his baggage with Jessica was handled a little too cleanly. I just remember that mess being much heavier than this show would have you believe.

Iron Fist benefited from being treated as the joke his character was in Iron Fist. That's the difference between his show and Defenders -- on his show, they wanted us to take him seriously. This time around, they used him as a punchline for everyone. It makes his character tolerable, but only as a joke...I'm not so sure that's a good thing? That's not going to work for his solo show.

Supporting cast was okay, I guess. Cool to see them all mixing. Excited for the future of the Daughters of the Dragon. Claire is dangerously close to being too much, though. The worst thing they can do with this character is involve her too much in the action. She is a great supporting character...why they feel like they need to have her whacking henchmen upside the head with wrenches is beyond me. Have her patch these people up -- stop trying to make her a clumsy ninja warrior.

Do we think long game is Luke with jessica and Danny with misty? Or do you think they stay with Claire and Coleen