Spectacular Member

Default Death Of Superman Review

The Death Of Superman for right or wrong is a landmark moment in comic book history. As the highest selling comic of all time It caused a spectacular boom in sales during the 90s. Many fans and non fans believed that it would be a valuable investment down the line and would bring them profit in the future. Of course with so many sold it actually became less valuable than originally thought, potentially being responsible for the almost catastrophic comic book crash that nearly destroyed the industry.

Marred by many as a publicity stunt it made publishers realise that non fans would pick up books that they believed to be special editions and rare items. We saw a slew of issue #1s many ‘events’ and for a time it looked like all of our favourite heroes were being killed or altered just to sell a comic. In my opinion the Death Of Superman is directly responsible for Knightfall and several of the character changing arcs that happened throughout the 90s.

With all the controversy that surrounds it many often get away from the story itself. That’s what I am here to objectively focus on. As a first time reader of it I want to really get to the core of this book to answer ‘is it actually a good story that shouldn’t be overlooked due to it’s notoriety?’

So what did I think about it?

Check out my review on the link below.

Death Of Superman Review
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

You have a few strange nitpicks and never make it clear which format you're using to read the story. Makes figuring out your context harder. Like I'm not sure how much you've read prior, which will normally change how some parts of the story will go over.

The moment Doomsday discovers Metropolis, well it's pretty silly, but the idea was getting him there for the final battle. His rampage couldn't just randomly end up there.