Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Fan#1 View Post
    Very suprised and excited about this news.

I liked the '07 adaptation, but the condensed, 75 minute run-time did hurt it a bit.

The way Clark's cheeks looked was something I really didn't like, though.
    That line on his face drove me nuts, haha. I don't know why they added that weird, distracting detail.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That line on his face drove me nuts, haha. I don't know why they added that weird, distracting detail.
    I think the only reason they added that was to make him look a little different than DCAU Supes. They could have and should have gone a different route. I disliked that line on the face too.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I thought the previous adaptation was pretty bad, so hopefully this will be much better. It'll prolly coincide with the release of Justice League and that resurrection of Supes.

I'm looking forward to the Reign of the Supermen film but the third movie to feature the Death of Superman in 10 years has gotten rather stale at this point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Yawn!! What's DC's obsession with this stroyline? Seriously we saw it with JLU, the animated film in 2007 and the DCEU even did it last year with BVS (JL will be it's conclusion). We don't need another retread! I'll be skipping this and Gaslight...
    They had a death of Superman, but not THE "Death of Superman" story. JLU wasn't it. The animated film really wasn't it at all. And BVS was far from it.

The only media that even came close to the source material was the radio series and the video game.

Incredible Member

Positive: Maybe they'll finally do it justice this time like the non-film/TV media did.

Negative: I REALLY hope they don't mess up the other Supermen. Especially Superboy. I don't have much confidence in that part.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 07-22-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Please include the Matrix Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I thought the previous adaptation was pretty bad, so hopefully this will be much better. It'll prolly coincide with the release of Justice League and that resurrection of Supes.
    I thought it was ok but lackluster. It was sad the documentary on the comic storyline was the highlight of the DVD for me.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Disappointed, telling me there isn't any other SM stories to adapt?

On the brightside a two parter worked wonders for TDKR.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    [] Superman turns evil

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Wow. Unexpected. I thought the Superman: Doomsday one was going to be it. I would have preferred if this was done way back then, but I guess better late than never.

I do wonder about the voice cast. I'm kinda hoping Tim Daly, Dana Delaney and Clancy Brown return as Supes, Lois and Lex. I doubt they are going to use long haired Aussie Lex for this because you'd need half a film to explain how all that happened, so I'd at least love to see Clancy back as Lex. He's my favorite animated Luthor voice.
    Adding Lex Jr. is not hard. Do the full reveal that Lex Jr. is Lex in the clone body after Supes death. Then cover his paranoia of Superman returning as a clone just like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Adding Lex Jr. is not hard. Do the full reveal that Lex Jr. is Lex in the clone body after Supes death. Then cover his paranoia of Superman returning as a clone just like he did.
    Killing that trainer for hitting him and framing the janitor then going to Superman's tomb to say he did it because he could was a great scene I hope is in there since its a two parter.

I've wanted this ever since I was a 10 year old boy reading the storyline as it came out. I've always wanted an animated movie...in 2007, they trolled me hard lol I looked so forward to that, only to get a poor adaptation.

This news excites me very, very much. And my boy Henshaw will finally be done in a movie! My favorite DC villain...I feel 10 years old again I only wish it were coming before Gaslight & SS.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Please include the Matrix Supergirl.
    I wonder on this one. If its a standalone story, they could easily use her. But then again the concept has been dead for so long, unlike all the other players in Reign, that I wonder if they won't just make her Kara.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Killing that trainer for hitting him and framing the janitor then going to Superman's tomb to say he did it because he could was a great scene I hope is in there since its a two parter.

A thousand times yes.