Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Knightfall AND No Man's Land Animated Film

Well, I get on Facebook a few minutes ago and yep, you guessed it, "Death of Superman" will soon be made.
    That's all well and good, however, when do you all think we will get these two GREAT stories made into an animated movie?

Thanks ahead of time!

BANNED

No Man's Land was pitched a few times to be adapted awhile back. It tragically didn't get green lit.

Mighty Member

I still want my Robin/Batgirl: Year One. Arguably one of the best Batgirl and Robin stories of all time.

BANNED

Knightfall will happen in a few years definitely, a version of NML is not out of question.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Knightfall will happen in a few years definitely, a version of NML is not out of question.
    I certainly hope so, the stories are soooo good, it really needs to happen.

BANNED

They don't really seem like stories you can fit in one movie.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1970 View Post
    Well, I get on Facebook a few minutes ago and yep, you guessed it, "Death of Superman" will soon be made.
    That's all well and good, however, when do you all think we will get these two GREAT stories made into an animated movie?

Thanks ahead of time!
    Wha? They already made that film?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I still want my Robin/Batgirl: Year One. Arguably one of the best Batgirl and Robin stories of all time.
    i'm still super bummed we nearly got batgirl year one a few years back but they cancelled it. still holding out hope that the live action one will make them want to cash in on it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

These will eventually happen chiefly because eventually they will run of out stories to mine, and so they'll do these.

I won't much care because I just don't care for these animated movies.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-22-2017 at 07:45 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

I think you can't really do No Man's Land since it doesn't really have a main story.

Knightfall is probably something you could compress down to do it as a two part movie (the biggest problem is probably to introduce Azrael) but I don't see how you could do that with No Man's Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think you can't really do No Man's Land since it doesn't really have a main story.

Knightfall is probably something you could compress down to do it as a two part movie (the biggest problem is probably to introduce Azrael) but I don't see how you could do that with No Man's Land.
    Or it could be a fun mini series TV show?
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

See also: the 3 hour Knightfall BBC radio drama. Totally doable!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

If they do a Knightfall adaptation then I hope its altered. I would drop Azrael and focus on a Gotham ruled by Bane with Dickbats and Damian opposing him while Bruce recuperates in the second part, heck it can even have a larger Bat family. Knightfall is only lengthy because of all that hassle in Knightquest but that was DC experimenting with a new status quo. They know what beats work and which of them are relevant to the story.

Doable in 2 films.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They don't really seem like stories you can fit in one movie.
    I agree. Probably why they haven't made it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    i'm still super bummed we nearly got batgirl year one a few years back but they cancelled it. still holding out hope that the live action one will make them want to cash in on it.
    Yes, the animated Batgirl was cancelled because the Wonder Woman animated movie didn't do as well as they had hoped. So they were not going to chance making another movie with a female lead. The thought process at the time was that "female leads" didn't sell toys or made money so that was that.