Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Classic CAPTAIN AMERICA Character, Costume Are Back

"Two-time Captain America writer Mark Waid and writer/artist Chris Samnee (along with colorist Matt Wilson and letterer Joe Caramagna) takes as creative team with Captain America #695."

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/35547-clas...e-is-back.html

But which one will be this Captain America!? The Hydra one or the Bearded one!?

The bearded one obviously since he represents who Steve really is. When they were talking about the series they said it's the Cap we all know and love which means no more Captain Hydra.

BANNED

Waid returning to a character that he once did a popular run on? What could possibly go wrong?

What could go wrong? Is that Flash run bad? The only thing I know about it is that Flash was Wally West there, Barry Allen only came back about a year before New 52 I think?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What could go wrong? Is that Flash run bad? The only thing I know about it is that Flash was Wally West there, Barry Allen only came back about a year before New 52 I think?
    It was pretty disappointing.

Wally and the family had just returned after their Infinite Crisis disappearance, and Waid's return to the character had people hyped for the continuation of Wally's Flash book. Only the run was extremely mediocre, and he ended up leaving after five issues.

I'm not really being serious when I compare Waid's return to Flash, to this return to Captain America, but you never know.

Thanks. And in fact, if Bleeding Cool are to be believed, he's leaving this run after five or so issues too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The bearded one obviously since he represents who Steve really is. When they were talking about the series they said it's the Cap we all know and love which means no more Captain Hydra.
    Well, whatever Cap is left standing, they won't be HydraCap anymore. I think it'd be more interesting to have the present HydraCap be saved, reverting to his normal self but have to deal with the repercussions of what he's done. But we'll see how it goes. No matter what, even if it's bearded Cap, any Steve Rogers Cap post-SE is going to have to answer for what happened.

I'm just slightly bummed that Spencer himself won't be following up on the SE aftermath but I also think that there'd be no way for him to top SE and the HydraCap saga. It was a mistake for Brubaker to stay on the book after Reborn - it felt like just halfheartedly going through the motions - so it's smart to just have Spencer wrap his story and hand Cap to the next team.

And I have no doubt that Waid and Samnee are going to crush it on Cap. They were great on DD and Black Widow but I feel like this is the book they were made to collaborate on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thanks. And in fact, if Bleeding Cool are to be believed, he's leaving this run after five or so issues too.
    I hope that's not the case but I'm also not going to turn my nose up on a Waid/Samnee Cap mini, if that's what this ends up being. I can see that being one of those evergreen back catalog books.

Mighty Member

in all fairness, his last 2 solo's daredevil and black widow were pretty damn good

Fantastic Member

looking forward to this!

THIS is my cap.

this is what marvel SHOULD be doing!!! and since they ARE, we can finally say " HEY Marvel!, nice! now go tell stories of Cap taking on Batroc the leaper! and such."

Can't wait for this

Fantastic Member

Classic CAPTAIN AMERICA Character, Costume Are Back

the title says it all!!

I don't think there's a team I would trust more to usher back in Steve Rogers as Captain America, the real Steve Rogers, then Waid and Samnee .

And I love that the classic suit is back .

Yes!!! Waid and Samnee, on a real Cap book! Best news I've heard all day!

I hope this is only the beginning of more good news