Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Jessica Jones TV show-what you like about & what needs changed?

Jessica Jones TV show-what you like about & what needs changed, in your opinion.

Extraordinary Member

I would like it to have more short stories about Jessica's work as a private detective. The point of making her a PI was so she could investigate cases in the Marvel universe, but whereas the comic had several short stories building up to the big Purple Man story, the TV show made the Purple Man the main plot for the entire season.

This is a common complaint about Marvel/Netflix shows, that they pad out a plot to 13 episodes and don't have enough smaller adventures while the season is going along, but it sticks out with Jessica because she could so easily do some short single-episode stories as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I would like it to have more short stories about Jessica's work as a private detective. The point of making her a PI was so she could investigate cases in the Marvel universe, but whereas the comic had several short stories building up to the big Purple Man story, the TV show made the Purple Man the main plot for the entire season.

This is a common complaint about Marvel/Netflix shows, that they pad out a plot to 13 episodes and don't have enough smaller adventures while the season is going along, but it sticks out with Jessica because she could so easily do some short single-episode stories as well.
    I agree with this almost 100%, my one real complaint is that the show began to drag for a couple episodes in the middle. Throw in some other cases and it would have solved that nicely.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I would have given her a longer career as a superhero before she meets killgrave. I saw her as a foil for peter- a teen superhero that gave up being a hero when they got older so i would have played with that more.

I would like to see her interact with the other 99 superpower people in NY that she mentioned in episode 4. It could be her version of M-town from X-factor investigations.

I wouldn't mind giving her a connection to SHIELD to replace the relationship she has with the avengers in the comic but i'd settle for just a crossover between the two shows or the wider MCU.

I really enjoyed the show and I actually dont think anything needed to be changed. I wish she had appearances in DD s2 or Luke cage tho but thats just me fanboying.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

They can never ever again draw out a plot like they did with Purple Man. A sniper should have ended PM by the 3rd or 4th episode...and yes, give Jessica the kind of dark, mysterious past that includes former paramilitary snipers who owed her a favor. Also, let's vary up her wardrobe. I think she wore the same pair of jeans for the entire first season. Don't get me wrong, she looks fantastic in them, but that can't be hygienic.

I pretty much liked everything else, including the casting.

Don't change anything.

The thing I like?

Wait for the opening credits, the drawing style pics start to roll to the soft quiet tune just starting up in the background. More pics stroll along till it comes to the alley scene. Then the music picks up, and it rises so high in a frenzy of panic, and the hackles on my neck prickle as the beat rushes along to Jessica Jones' heart beat as she relives Purple Mans hold on her, and she is in the horrible world of Marvel. That is what should never be changed.

Incredible Member

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    They can never ever again draw out a plot like they did with Purple Man. A sniper should have ended PM by the 3rd or 4th episode...and yes, give Jessica the kind of dark, mysterious past that includes former paramilitary snipers who owed her a favor. Also, let's vary up her wardrobe. I think she wore the same pair of jeans for the entire first season. Don't get me wrong, she looks fantastic in them, but that can't be hygienic.

I pretty much liked everything else, including the casting.
    That's part of her character though, she's an alcoholic with PSTD/low self esteem. She doesn't normally take pride in her appearance.

BANNED

I loved practically everything about the show, and it is my favourite of the Netflix Marvel serties so far.
    It could do with about two fewer episodes or tighter writing in the middle. But then most tv series have that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I would have given her a longer career as a superhero before she meets killgrave. I saw her as a foil for peter- a teen superhero that gave up being a hero when they got older so i would have played with that more.
    She didn't have any career as a superhero, she's not a teenager, and Peter hadn't even put on his tights for the first time yet. And it is extremely unlikely she'll ever share screentime with Tom Holland.

I would like to see her interact with the other 99 superpower people in NY that she mentioned in episode 4. It could be her version of M-town from X-factor investigations.
    I was under the impression that she was making that up those 99 people on the spot to intimidate her attackers.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I liked pretty much everything about the first season. It was easily my favorite Marvel Netflix show. Some things I would like to see on the show going forward:

- The show taking taking a more procedural route. It should still have a main plot (probably related to the previous season's cliffhangers), but it would be nice to see Jessica taking on multiple different cases throughout the season. And not just any cases, but I would like them to go full-Alias with cases involving super-powered people. It'd be the cherry on top that would make the show stand out from most procedural TV shows.

- Kilgrave should stay dead, but I feel like his story shouldn't be over. I feel like there's more of his mythology that could be milked. Like, maybe Jessica having to deal with the Purple Children. I mean, Jeri was very interested in the baby Hope was carrying and the possibility of them having the same powers as Kilgrave, so that concept has already been teased on the show and it should be interesting to explore it.

- HELLCAT!!! I know Trish is there to basically fill the role Carol Danvers had in the comics, but come on, you do not use one of Marvel's oldest characters and waste her on a smaller, support role. After everything that happened with Trish on the first season, I feel like the ground is pretty much set for her to become a hero. And not just that, but I really want the show to actually use Patsy Walker's mythology, you know? I know there is a bunch of stuff that they probably won't do (like her going to Hell or to Titan, LOL), but I would really like to see her at least interacting with some characters who are important to her mythology: Hedy Wolfe, Mad-Dog, Hellstorm (without the whole going to Hell thing)... I'd say She-Hulk, but she's probably being saved for the movies. It would be awesome if they brought Tom and Ian from her most recent comic to be her gay sidekicks on the show as well. I know this is a show called Jessica Jones, but Patsy Walker is way too iconic to be ignored. Maybe she should get her own show, or have a bigger part on a second season of the Defenders... either way, Hellcat should absolutely be a thing.

- To see more of Jessica and Luke's relationship. I mean, I like Claire, but JessLuke is meant to be. It's too soon for the whole pregnancy and marriage storyline, but they should be exploring the connection these two have with each other.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

That tends to be my thought. They did have one additional story in season one, but it stuck out like a sore thumb because of how much weaker it was. What would work well is a bunch of little stories with an overarching theme, character plot, or some connection that gets revealed as it goes along. Have more than one bad guy and don't put your eggs in one basket.

I also would suggest working on the supporting cast, but it was really just the weird twins I hated. I didn't like Malcolm at first, but he grew on me and I liked Trish from the beginning. If they focus on giving Trish and Malcolm meaningful moments and don't introduce any outright stupid characters, I'll be OK with it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Based on season one, which was a bit of a slow-burner (IMO at least), I think the only thing I'd change is to perhaps not make the middle part of season two feel dragged out like season one did a little bit. Other than that I wouldn't really change anything as it was a good first season.

Fantastic Member

it was great but it felt a slap on the face when for almost the whole season jessica couldnt touch purpleman because of the other victim and ended it right there and then, only to have the said victim suicide later on making alot of episodes feel a dragged out filler to reach 13 episodes.

I think about the only thing I really want to see out of season 2 is more consistency in Jess' powers. She's strong enough to lift cars and survive Luke but she gets taken down by an old man with a broken hand? Come on.

I want Jessica to use her powers, and I want them portrayed reliably, not waxing and waning to service the plot before the characters.

Other than that (and maybe a little dragged-out-ness in the middle) the show was damn near perfect and I wouldn't really change a thing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

The first season was really good, but mostly because of the Purple man. I'm worried that without him the second season will be boring. I hope that they will use the Purple Children, there is a lot of potential !
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !