Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terrifics!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Wouldn't mind if this series went full on Marvel, bring the Extremists, Angor and all associated characters. Sideways and Damage can show up from time to time, it would be hilarious.
    Can't much agree with this especially since that's how Orlando started his horrid run on JLA. I had enough of those characters as soon as they appeared in JLA and Orlando drew out their arc like crazy though he didn't have anything to say with/about those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Bennett does an admirable job subbing for Reis here but WTH is up with Reis that he keeps signing on to series' and then disappearing almost as soon as they launch.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Bennett does an admirable job subbing for Reis here but WTH is up with Reis that he keeps signing on to series' and then disappearing almost as soon as they launch.
    Sad but all too true, my friend ...
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    The New Age of Heroes may be short-lived. First, Jim Lee jumps off the Immortal Men (a remix of Lee's Wildcats and Divine Right). Now, Doc Shaner isn't drawing issues 3 to 6 of the Terrifics (Reis drew the issues 1 and 2 to help out Doc). Additionally, DC always uses Reis to draw the first 2 to 3 issues of a series in an attempt to lure readers and quickly switches him with someone else as though we can't tell the difference between an all-star artist and another penciller. I won't be fooled this time!

P.S. And the New Age of Heroes is supposed to be an artist-driven initiative, but the artists don't care enough to stick around. I'm tired of this.
    Shaner is seriously not doing 3-6 anymore? What happened? Aside from him being slow... like usual.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Shaner is seriously not doing 3-6 anymore? What happened? Aside from him being slow... like usual.
    I just double-checked. Bennett is drawing issues 3 and 6 while Doc Shaner should be drawing issues 4 and 5. After all this time, Doc still needs more help??
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    I just double-checked. Bennett is drawing issues 3 and 6 while Doc Shaner should be drawing issues 4 and 5. After all this time, Doc still needs more help??
    Ugh. Shaner is one of my favorite artists, but he always has this same problem. He can't hit deadlines or needs help. It's such a bummer since he has the potential to be an even bigger name. I hate that my hype of this book is slowing down.

still DC's best book
    The J-man

That's as a shame. Shaner is an even better fit for this book than Reis. I wish he could draw it monthly.

Fantastic Member

What's wrong with Shaner?
    I think he could become a big name but I feel like DC is not giving him opportunity to shine.
    Or is he just a slow artist who can't work on monthlies?

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    What's wrong with Shaner?
    I think he could become a big name but I feel like DC is not giving him opportunity to shine.
    Or is he just a slow artist who can't work on monthlies?
    He's just slow. He's been given plenty of books to shine, but then he drops out or is replaced because of time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    He's just slow. He's been given plenty of books to shine, but then he drops out or is replaced because of time.
    He has a very clean, flowing style. It is surprising that he's slow.

BANNED

Enjoyed #1-2 very much. Looking forward to #3 tomorrow!

Fantastic Member

Shaner is doing an issue of Man of Steel, which is probably why he got bumped from the Terrifics. For all we know, he could still be the main artist continuing in 7 or 8. Or he moved to something else...we'll have to see. Either way, I agree that he is a big up and coming artist for DC who hasn't gotten his proper due yet, so I'm interested in wherever he ends up.
    Last edited by soundsci; 04-24-2018 at 12:02 PM.

The first 2 issues were a nice surprise! I hope DC sticks with the group for years and years to come. Lemire makes these characters pretty relevant and can grow to become big players in the DCU.

Hopefully the artist situation gets fixed because the art is pretty damm good.

The Terrifics #3 was another fun issue. I don't usually laugh out loud reading these stories but they got me this time. This series is a winner.