Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terrifics!

Great first issue. Really enjoyed it. This is going to be a big hit for DC. Plastic Man was hilarious.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It was a great first issue as so many others have said. Ive never been a big Mister Terrific fan but I really enjoyed his character here. Plas and Metamorpho were great as well. The new Phantom Girl is eh at this point, she came across as almost too naive. I am sure that she will grow on me over time though. I almost prefer that Legion characters kind of remain in the Legion book, however it really does make sense that we should be finding ancestors of them in a modern setting. We have Brainiac and Dox, so others should obviously exist as well.

BANNED

Wouldn't mind if this series went full on Marvel, bring the Extremists, Angor and all associated characters. Sideways and Damage can show up from time to time, it would be hilarious.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Loved the first issue. May add this to my pull list. I think this property has tons of potential for DC.

Astonishing Member

Utterly brilliant issue, loved it
    Will be getting this
    Final page was fantastic

Great issue, Plastic Man was definitely the star of this issue. May add to the pull list as well. Think all 4 of the New Age of heroes titles have been enjoyable so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Great first issue. Really enjoyed it. This is going to be a big hit for DC. Plastic Man was hilarious.
    I hope so I see a lot of potential in this book.

Astonishing Member

I've mentioned it before. Glad the book seems to be opening nicely but since it's only a precursor to the work by Doc Shaner I'm not bothering. I'll wait until he's off the book to pick it up.

Off to a good start so far. Mr Terrific is the draw for me, although I'm liking how Plas and Metamorpho are written.
    Good team dynamic.

Also liking that Phantom Girl is an ancestor to the Legion PG, rather than a time displaced Tinya. (Which was already done in L.E.G.I.O.N. 20 years ago or so).

This issues show that the DCU is a better place with Plastic Man in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Wouldn't mind if this series went full on Marvel, bring the Extremists, Angor and all associated characters. Sideways and Damage can show up from time to time, it would be hilarious.
    Now that would be cool. Have DC’s Fantastic Four go up against their Dr. Doom doppelgänger.

BANNED

Finally got around to reading the first 2 issues and while the art was amazing overall I thought the booksame were ok. This series lacked the hook of the other New Age Of Heroes books have plus i'my just not the biggest fan of any of the characters. I am intrigued by the Tom Strong appearance and will give it a chance to win me over but imo it'seems you far the weakest if the bunch.

Freshest book in the DC universe. Great chemistry and interesting characters.
    The J-man

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

The New Age of Heroes may be short-lived. First, Jim Lee jumps off the Immortal Men (a remix of Lee's Wildcats and Divine Right). Now, Doc Shaner isn't drawing issues 3 to 6 of the Terrifics (Reis drew the issues 1 and 2 to help out Doc). Additionally, DC always uses Reis to draw the first 2 to 3 issues of a series in an attempt to lure readers and quickly switches him with someone else as though we can't tell the difference between an all-star artist and another penciller. I won't be fooled this time!

P.S. And the New Age of Heroes is supposed to be an artist-driven initiative, but the artists don't care enough to stick around. I'm tired of this.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

when was the last time Jim Lee ever did more than one of two issues of a series - Batman Hush?