Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Terrifics!

Mighty Member

I'll be disappointed if Lemire doesn't introduce a villain team called The Terribles.

Also, Element Dog is a cute concept. Hope he sticks around.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I'll be disappointed if Lemire doesn't introduce a villain team called The Terribles.

Also, Element Dog is a cute concept. Hope he sticks around.
    I can see a Terribles team

Mister Terrible https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Mister_Terrible_(New_Earth)
    Mister 104 https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Jonathan_Dubrovny_(New_Earth) or Geode https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Denise_Howard_(New_Earth)
    Malleable Man https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Skizzle_Shanks_(Earth-One)
    Untouchable (female) https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Untouchables or Infinity https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_(New_Earth)

Fantastic Member

Default Terrifics

The Terribles love it. Hope Rex adopts Element Dog. So 'Silver Age' think Lemire has stumbled upon another 'hit' there. Really enjoying 'The Terrifics' just so much fun. How are sales? This title deserves to be read.
    Last edited by Franny6422; 06-28-2018 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Typo

It would be interesting to see a Terribles team. But I would Use Brainstorm , Clayface IV , Ariadne Persakis ,and Tomorrow Thief. They go after Mr. Terrific and the rest of the team are just in the middle.

And now element Dog must try out to the Legion of Super pets.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 06-28-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    The Terribles love it. Hope Rex adopts Element Dog. So 'Silver Age' think Lemire has stumbled upon another 'hit' there. Really enjoying 'The Terrifics' just so much fun. How are sales? This title deserves to be read.
    If I remember right, Terrifics is in the top 50 for the direct market. Could be wrong however.

Just when I thought this book couldn’t get any better, enter ELEMENT DOG!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    If I remember right, Terrifics is in the top 50 for the direct market. Could be wrong however.
    Is top 50 good? I don't really know how comic sales work

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Issue 4 & 5 were great, the team is so much more likable now than in the first arc. I really love having Phantom Girl narrate issue 4 and seeing her perspective on everyone. Shaner's art helps a ton too, I really wish he was here permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    From May 2018's Top 300 Comic Books list (based on orders placed with Diamond by comic book shops):
    67th - TERRIFICS #4 - 28,849 copies
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...omics-may-2018
    Looks like it was 24th highest among just those titles published by DC.

Another fun issue! Add me to the list of folks wanting Element Dog to be a cast regular!

I think Element Dog will be he didn't seem like a one off the way he was introduced. I think it is genius
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

Someone start a 'Element Dog' thread! Move over Ace & Kypto, there's,a new dog on the block.

Element dog is a Pit Bull. Story on the main page.

Another decent issue, although Element Dog appears to be back to just being a regular dog. And the T-spheres got hacked...again!?!?!??! Yes, I know it is just tech and, as such, it is capable of being hacked, but you'd think the 3rd Smartest Person would have slightly better security on them. I have lost count how any times some villain has managed to hijack a T-sphere or multiple T-spheres.

But those are minor gripes. The book still has great character interaction and the Terrific Four are really gelling has a team. I still think that this is the best book DC is currently putting out.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Mighty Member

Ah....so come to find out that Doctor Dread isn't a new creation. I love how Lemire revamps obscure villains.