Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Terrifics!

Good issue. The earlier decompression in the series beginning is gone here, things happen and happen quickly. I'm happy to see Doc Dread getting retooled into a Doom-expy for the team, can't wait for the next issue.

Man, Doc Dread looks a lot like Doctor Doom (but less than in the solicits) and I can't get why he decided to spill the beans like that, but he has a killer design in the end, so I'm okay with that. Another great issue !

Love that roster so much.

Fantastic Member

I loved how Lemire used 4-panel pages while they were split up, then 2-panels when they were in pairs, and finally full-page spreads when they teamed back up.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I was very doubtful especially for the link with Metal, an event that I skipped and that is completely distant from my tastes.
    But after reading all these positive comments, I convinced myself to read this book.

I had really enjoyed Lemire's work on Green Arrow and it is confirmed here as well.
    Finally someone who knows how to write a team book, i found here in 5 issues more interaction between the characters and characterization than in 3 years of Titans (since Titans hunt).

Just give the Titans to Jeff Lemire, please.

Fantastic Member

Despite all the goodness, is anyone concerned with Lemire’s long-term plans for sticking with this series? I might be glossing over something, but he tends to stay for only 15-20ish issues in most cases when he’s writing something not creator-owned. We do know he had up to issue 11 or 12 written earlier this year, at least, but this is something I’d love to see get a good run going. And I just feel there are few modern writers that “get” how to write teams like this besides maybe Geoff Johns, who has plenty of other stuff planned. Maybe I’m just being paranoid, but I’d just hate to see this series end prematurely or end up in the hands of someone less capable.

/rant :P

I hope Element Dog isn’t gone for good. I loved seeing a heroic pit bull. Pities get such a bad rap.

Two books featuring Plastic Man. Such a great time to be alive.

Loved the street named Kirby Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Ah....so come to find out that Doctor Dread isn't a new creation. I love how Lemire revamps obscure villains.
    I heard that Doctor Dread was created by Alan Moore as an obvious homage to Doom. Where did he first appear?

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Despite all the goodness, is anyone concerned with Lemire’s long-term plans for sticking with this series? I might be glossing over something, but he tends to stay for only 15-20ish issues in most cases when he’s writing something not creator-owned. We do know he had up to issue 11 or 12 written earlier this year, at least, but this is something I’d love to see get a good run going. And I just feel there are few modern writers that “get” how to write teams like this besides maybe Geoff Johns, who has plenty of other stuff planned. Maybe I’m just being paranoid, but I’d just hate to see this series end prematurely or end up in the hands of someone less capable.

/rant :P
    Yang is writing the upcoming Annual. If Lemire does leave I’d love to see Yang take over.

He's an old Metamorpho villain from the original Haney series, issue 8 in particular. He was just called Doc Dread back then but it's the same design.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I hope Element Dog isn’t gone for good. I loved seeing a heroic pit bull. Pities get such a bad rap.
    I want more Element dog too.

I heard that Doctor Dread was created by Alan Moore as an obvious homage to Doom. Where did he first appear?
    The Dr. Dread created by Moore appeared in an issue of Rob Liefeld' Supreme, where he make an story homage to Jack Kirby. Several characters similar to Kirby's most personal creations made cameos of one or two panels there. But I doubt than this Dr. Dread is the same, but a new character with a similar role and function.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Element Dog needs to stay and be the team's lovable pet mascot.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    He's an old Metamorpho villain from the original Haney series, issue 8 in particular. He was just called Doc Dread back then but it's the same design.
    Thanks! I was able to find the cover. I see that he also appeared in the Metamorpho mini series written by Jurgens.

Last edited by Robotman; 08-02-2018 at 12:26 AM.

There will be a massive change of art-style sooner or later on The Terrifics, with {url=https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/status/1028972383053537281]Bogdanovic coming over[/url] (at least for the cover?).

Great issue. Eaglesham’s art gave me Hickman F4 vibes and nostalgia. Lemire keeps the plot moving fast and I love it.

I’m glad the dog is sticking around. Having a resident team animal is very Hannah Barbera superhero/adventure teams, which works perfect for this book. I just wish he would have kept his powers. Maybe he’ll get them back once Rex inevitably turns back into Metamorpho.