Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Terrifics!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s nice to have a big team with no Bat or Super characters on it. I enjoyed Lemire’s finale, felt very Silver Age to me.
    Yes, that is something to explore more often. Also, Lemire ended the adventure with a real closure than left open for new adventures.
    But lets see what can Gene Luen Yang offer as writer. At least his story in the annual was fun and I loved his New Super-man series.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yes, that is something to explore more often. Also, Lemire ended the adventure with a real closure than left open for new adventures.
    But lets see what can Gene Luen Yang offer as writer. At least his story in the annual was fun and I loved his New Super-man series.
    His NSM shows he has a knack for team books and his Terrifics story in the Annual was the best one imo. I have high hopes for his run if DC could just let the title keep going long enough to be included in the next relaunch I’m sure is coming.

The July solits just show the 4 Terrifics and not the extended family. I hope Gene Luen Yang doesn’t just brush them aside.

Yang's first issue is off to a good start! Oh, admittedly, Rexamorpho is written more like Ben Grimm than is absolutely necessary, but in general the team was written well and the new storyline starts on an intriguing basis. Plenty of ways for it to still fall off the table, but right now I am signing up for the next issue!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Yang has the beginnings of an interesting plot here: Exploring the differences between the Pamela Earth 0 Mr. Terrific knew, and this Earth 11 counterpart is going to be interesting. I assume there’s going to be more differences than just the fact that she lacks the scarred hands. There’s also Michael’s atheism vs. Pamela’s faith and how that ties into their confrontation with “God”. All in all a good first issue, I hope Yang gets more than one arc on the book.

So has this book been terrific or not?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

It’s great to see that Yang was able to continue the fun craziness of Lemire’s run with issue 15. really loved Segovia’s art too. Plastic Man is constantly stretching or morphing his body. There wasn’t a single panel of Plas looking normal. Which is the way it should be.

Interesting that they discussed Mr. Terrific being an atheist even though he’s met and battled gods. Liked his explanation that he isn’t an atheist in the traditional sense but that he doesn’t believe in fate or some guiding hand. He believes in facts and science and understands that the universe is all chaos. The only way we can make it work is through Fair Play. “It’s chaos, be kind.”

So happy they’re going with Ms. Terrific rather than Mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Definitely terrific!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I've loved it from the first issue, I was slightly concerned about the writer change but Yang does not disappoint. Its one of my top 3 DC titles (not that I'm reading that many at the minute)

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I've loved it from the first issue, I was slightly concerned about the writer change but Yang does not disappoint. Its one of my top 3 DC titles (not that I'm reading that many at the minute)
    I agree I have enjoyed this straight through. I really enjoy the Rex and Plas relationship.

The Bizarro Terrifics have their designs shown in Year of the Villains #1. Zoom ins coutresty of Bleeding Cool. It's possible that, Plas aside, these aren't Bizarros but its what they seem to be.
    Mr. Terrific
    Phantom Girl
    Plas
    Metamorpho

Its a great series, I'm hoping it sticks around for a while! I love a great team book especially when it features characters that wouldn't have any appearances in other books. Only 15 issues in, easy to catch up, I recommend diving in and enjoy this fun adventure series!

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The Bizarro Terrifics have their designs shown in Year of the Villains #1. Zoom ins coutresty of Bleeding Cool. It's possible that, Plas aside, these aren't Bizarros but its what they seem to be.
    Mr. Terrific
    Phantom Girl
    Plas
    Metamorpho
    Interesting they don’t look like traditional Bizarros. Could be fun, I look forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Mr. Terrific
    Phantom Girl
    Plas
    Metamorpho
    They more seem like kind of Reverse-Terrifics then Bizarro's...

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Gotta say, I'm quite enjoying this. It gave me the feeling of an older comic, having fun, but also an edge to it as well.

Never would’ve pictured Terrifics being where my new favorite Bizarro story would be, but I can’t complain.