Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terrifics!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I doubt they're going to write Michael in this like Curtis on Arrow.

I kind of have a hard time imagining Rex with anyone but Sapphire, but I could see them going in that direction.
    Oh, i doubt they will write him like Curtis as well. I do feel however, outside of being the "smart guy" on the team he probably will few moments where his masculintiy will be in full view. I hope Im wrong but to much has happen to have faith otherwise.

However, the book is called the Terrific's my fingers are crossed that Mr. Terrfic will live up to his name sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I doubt they're going to write Michael in this like Curtis on Arrow.

I kind of have a hard time imagining Rex with anyone but Sapphire, but I could see them going in that direction.
    Yeah why did they change his name to Curtis on the show again?

Metamorpho and Plas are two of my favorite DC characters so you know I'll be getting this. And I've always dug Mr. Terrific, so that's a win as well. Not super-familiar with Phantom Girl (I've always gravitated towards other Legion members the few times I've tried reading those comics), but I'm certainly intrigued by her presence...it's definitely not a negative.

And keep in mind that Justice Society and Legion are coming at some point (possibly Outsiders as well), and it's just a slow roll-out based on DC's plans and what they think they need to do to course-correct from the New 52. Given the longevity of series and/or the regularity of having characters on multiple teams anymore, there's nothing to say that Terrific, Phantom Girl, etc. won't be available for those teams as well.

I just like the shot fired at Marvel and their management. DC just wants to show they can follow their creative whims, without being worked by Ike Perlmutter the same way Frank Oz works Fozzie Bear.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 07-22-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Spectacular Member

Metamorpho of is back , this looks great, Dc really firing on all cylinders at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah why did they change his name to Curtis on the show again?
    I can't say for sure, but maybe they didn't want a throng of idiotic fanboys giving them a hard time for "making Michael Holt gay..."

I am definitely intrigued by this title. A little less so, since reading here that Phantom Girl isn't the one from the Legion. Also curious how they'll emulate "classic Fantastic Four" since the key component there is that they're a family.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-22-2017 at 10:15 AM.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

This is the beginning of a new silver age ...

Firstly, we have The TERRIFICS ...

Secondly, we will have The T-FOUNDATION: Teen Atom (Ray) = Ant-Man, Andromeda (Laurel) = She-Hulk, Aquawoman (Marella) = Medusa, and Steel (Natasha) = Ms. Thing ...

Thirdly, we will have The TERRIFICS x DOOM PATROL ...

Lastly, we will have The TERRIFIC CRISIS OF TEN EARTHS!

Yes!
    Last edited by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier; 07-22-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    This is the beginning of a new silver age ...

Firstly, we have The TERRIFICS ...

Secondly, we will have The T-FOUNDATION: Teen Atom (Ray) = Ant-Man, Andromeda (Laurel) = She-Hulk, Aquawoman (Marella) = Medusa, and Steel (Natasha) = Ms. Thing ...

Thirdly, we will have The TERRIFICS x DOOM PATROL ...

Lastly, we will have The TERRIFIC CRISIS OF TEN EARTHS!

Yes!
    Actually a Doom Patrol crossover might actually be kind of fun, especially with Plastic Man involved.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Retired

I can see this as a limited series parody. As long as Phantom Girl is not the Legion's PG, I'm okay with that. But if this is Eel O'Brien, then Plas is inwardly laughing at himself for being so stupid as to forsake his colours. I'm not sure Eel can maintain that, as I think red, yellow and black are his fundamental colours from that plastics factory accident.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

The only nitpick I have is, well, to me, is that it's along the same lines of what the Justice League did by making Cyborg a member when there are other superheroes around. I know I see things weird.

I mean, there are other superheroines to choose from: Power Girl, Cyclone, Stargirl, Element Woman, Doctor Light, Black Orchid, Horsewoman, etc.

Hoping for a light hearted tone, but doesn't Lemire do more grimdark stuff usually?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They're firing a shot at Marvel for not using the F4, while continuing to not publish the titles associated with 3/4 of their cast (JSA, Outsiders and LoSH).
    I'd much rather see them focusing on their own concepts intead of on a random collection of heroes with similar powers to a Marvel property
    None of those are really like cancelling FF though, particularly because two of the 3 titles you mentioned are in the works.

Incredible Member

This defintely on my pull list. I am really looking forward to what Lemire does with The Terrifics!

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Hoping for a light hearted tone, but doesn't Lemire do more grimdark stuff usually?
    Lemire's comparing the tone to classic FF and Tom Strong. Doesn't sound like his usual stuff.

https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/statu...99522985582592

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    I might get the first issue then depending on previews, also Evan Doc Shaner is taking over after Ivan Reis apparently.
    Shaner is having fun teasing the fans, and come to think about it they are very similiar....
    Smart guy (mr T) or Stretchy person
    Obligatory woman character
    Powerhouse

All they are missing is a burning man.
    The FF archetypes seems to be mixed.
    The powerhouse also can turn himself into flammable materials.
    Well, Mr Terrific (supergenius) can uses his T-spheres to make himself undetectable and invisible.
    The strechy guy is also an inmature wise-cracking person.

So, we are not sure than maybe the girls isn't Atlee-Terra?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

This might be my most hyped title next to Two-In-One. Glad to have some sort of Fantastic Four book. If not Marvel, glad DC jumped on it.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven