Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terrifics!

Lemire sucks at team books but this book looks too adorable and fun to pass up.
    Will def be checking it out.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

I look forward to reading this in trade.
    Really liked some of Lemire's work at D C
    like Animal Man, Frankenstein Agent Of S.H.A.D.E., and Green Arrow.
    Not too crazy for his Marvel work.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The FF archetypes seems to be mixed.
    The powerhouse also can turn himself into flammable materials.
    Well, Mr Terrific (supergenius) can uses his T-spheres to make himself undetectable and invisible.
    The strechy guy is also an inmature wise-cracking person.

So, we are not sure than maybe the girls isn't Atlee-Terra?
    Hey Thor-Ul, Doc Shaner took a picture of his work space and reference materials, there were Metamorpho, Plastic Man, and LOSH books present, so the young woman is probably Phantom Girl or a Phantom Girl. If we're lucky, friend, Earth-36's Justice 9 may pop up in the Terrifics.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Plas and Mr. Terrific are two of my favorite characters so i'm really looking forward to this book, despite the fact that I think The Terrifics is a horrible name for a team.

i love the fact that DC is being so blatant regarding what they're doing here. may as well make your own Fantastic 4 if Marvel is currently burying their first family. if you want to create Silver Age fun there is no better artist than Shaner. i'm still worried about Lemire as he has been one of the most hit or miss writers over the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Hey Thor-Ul, Doc Shaner took a picture of his work space and reference materials, there were Metamorpho, Plastic Man, and LOSH books present, so the young woman is probably Phantom Girl or a Phantom Girl. If we're lucky, friend, Earth-36's Justice 9 may pop up in the Terrifics.
    Well, Lemire said is not from the Legion.

But of course he did not say if she is from L.E.G.I.O.N. or just a native from the wrld of Phantom girl.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    I might get the first issue then depending on previews, also Evan Doc Shaner is taking over after Ivan Reis apparently.
    Shaner is having fun teasing the fans, and come to think about it they are very similiar....
    Smart guy (mr T) or Stretchy person
    Obligatory woman character
    Powerhouse

All they are missing is a burning man.
    Not really, the way I see it is at least is Johnny is a fire elemental. Meaning Rex takes the place of both Ben and Johnny. Being that Rex is a elemental but with a lot of the same issues as Ben.

Patrick kinda does the same thing, his elasticity (rubber) makes him kinda oppose Ben's rock figure. But with the Johnny love of doing the superhero thing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The FF archetypes seems to be mixed.
    The powerhouse also can turn himself into flammable materials.
    Well, Mr Terrific (supergenius) can uses his T-spheres to make himself undetectable and invisible.
    The strechy guy is also an inmature wise-cracking person.

So, we are not sure than maybe the girls isn't Atlee-Terra?
    i wish it was Atlee. She'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Not really, the way I see it is at least is Johnny is a fire elemental. Meaning Rex takes the place of both Ben and Johnny. Being that Rex is a elemental but with a lot of the same issues as Ben.

Patrick kinda does the same thing, his elasticity (rubber) makes him kinda oppose Ben's rock figure. But with the Johnny love of doing the superhero thing
    I like your idea about Rex replacing both Ben and Johnny.

The way I saw it:

4 elements :: Fantastic 4 :: Team Terrific:

• air = Invisible Woman = Mr. Terrific
    • earth = Thing = Metamorpho
    • fire = Human Torch =♀?
    • water = Mr. Fantastic = Plastic Man

I was wrong.

I don't see what a new Phantom Girl brings to the team...or to DCU.

Unless, DC is trying to incorporate LSH into the current era...trying to enrich the playground, I guess.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

The Terrifics will be like a family of adventurers, so maybe they explore the multiverse, and "Phantom Girl" is from another earth. Now we must speculate, which parallel earth is she from?
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

The Terrifics will be like a family of adventurers, so maybe they explore the multiverse, and "Phantom Girl" is from another earth. Now we must speculate, which parallel earth is she from?
    Maybe wait for some confirmation that she's even from a parallel Earth before speculating that hard...?

Astonishing Member

It's hardly DC's first FF pastiche, so I'm really excited.

Frankly I think it's a fantastic idea, particularly in pairing Holt and Mason and O'Brien - Phantom Girl is a bit more out of left field. I mean they're three ace characters who don't seem to succeed on their own very well, so this kind of book - and their specific personalities and how they'll likely clash in how they do things, all while being on the same side and generally comraderie-ish, will be a good read. It's definitely Fantastic Four, although it's sort of not 1:1, since Terrific is the "super smart Reed Richards" but has none of the stretchy bits, that's Plas's position, and he's the free-wheeling fun-guy like Johnny Storm, but the team has no fiery fireball, and Rex's powers are a heck of a lot more interesting than Ben Grimm's, even though their "woe is me I'm a monster now!" personalities have always been similar.

Phantom Girl is really such a complete wild card in this lineup though. I mean she's form a phased-out planet in a galactic federation of space people from 1000 years from now. Pulpy adventure heroes, super-geniuses and wacky criminal-turned-crime-fighters see a lot of things but it's still going to be hard for her to relate.

I'm really excited about this and who the bad-guys might be. I mean I'm not looking for a pure 1:1, I'm very happy just to see some vintage DC characters unite in a book that promises the Kirby/Lee FF tone. But I mean, they gotta have a Doctor Doom at the very least. They're using established Earth-Prime classic heroes so you wouldn't have their Doom be a Multiversal foe like Havok. But they gotta have a Doom. Maybe they could make somebody up ... but I'd be far more interested in seeing someone substantive but who hasn't been used in a while, maybe who could even have a surprising connection to Terrific, Metamorpho, etc...

Anyway, I'm curious to see who all turns up. Sapphire Stagg? Power Girl (and which version?)? Any Legionnaire?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I figure she's from 21st century Bgztl, which I think occupies the same physical location as Earth.

Astonishing Member

If we will have the Terrifics, will we have the Terribles?

If so:

• Mister Terrible
    • Urania (nee Element Girl...Not Element Woman)
    • Lady Granite or Rubberneck
    • ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    I figure she's from 21st century Bgztl, which I think occupies the same physical location as Earth.
    First person who mastered the art of interdimensional phasing? Which was lost until the 31st Century? And who brought back tales of an era of heroes that inspired youth through the ages?

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    First person who mastered the art of interdimensional phasing? Which was lost until the 31st Century? And who brought back tales of an era of heroes that inspired youth through the ages?
    That would be good! Something like that. I can't believe I've been reading DC Comics as long as I have and no idea Tinya came from an alternate dimension. I assumed she was just another extraterrestrial--how unimaginative of me.

This is the book I'm most excited for out of the recent announcements. As Mr Jones pointed out above, we have three semi-major characters who can't hold a book on their own, and a Phantom Girl who isn't the Phantom Girl we remember, banding together to form a terrific tetrad and have Silver Age fun and stuff in the mighty Shaner manner. Will buy.

Surely someone has posted this already but they're really going all out with the FF connection.

Mr. Terrific + Plastic Man = Reed Richards
    Metamorpho = The Thing
    Phantom Girl = Invisible Girl/Woman

They're only missing The Human Torch.