Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
I loved the mini series that Marvel put out in this time. I loved that they used the mini series format to give us a close look at heroes who were never featured solo titles, but were stuck as part of a team, guest appearance, or occasional lead story in Marvel Fanfare or other anthology titles. The minis I love include:

Wolverine: by Claremont and Miller
Hawkeye: by Mark Gruemwald
Hercules, Prince of Power: 2 minis by Bob Layton
Jack of Hearts: by Bill Mantlo
The Falcon: by Owsley (Priest), Paul Smith, and Mark Bright
Vision and Scarlet Witch: One mini by Bill Mantlo, a longer one by Steve Englehart
Squadron Supreme: by Mark Gruenwald
NIghtcrawler: by Dave Cockrum

And, while it didn't fall into the "give a team character a solo mini" category, I loved the West Coast Avengers mini by Roger Stern.

Most of these have been collected, but I'm still waiting on the Jack of Hearts collection.
Such great books. I miss the days of really great mini series like that. What was great is that what happned seemed to matter in the man books later on. Hawkeye still has hearing problems because of what went on in that mini series and that was where he met and fell in love with Mockingbird. It was in that first Vision and Scarlet Witch mini that Magneto was revealed as her father. Big stuff used to happen in minis.