Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default The Ultimates 2 Issue # 9

So Ms. America totally took a portal into Cyclop's punch dimension right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by doomeye56 View Post
    So Ms. America totally took a portal into Cyclop's punch dimension right?
    Apparently.

This was a great issue and I highly recommend it. This is a great series that no one is reading. I will miss this series when it is gone.

All-New Member

Any recaps?

How come cycloos can still use his powers inside the planetary defense shield? His eyes are portals to the Punch dimension, doesnt the shield prevent portal opening and teleportation

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    How come cycloos can still use his powers inside the planetary defense shield? His eyes are portals to the Punch dimension, doesnt the shield prevent portal opening and teleportation
    Same reason that the sunlight still goes into the PDS, but Monica couldn't?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    I can't check the comic offhand but did Monica try turning into sunlight in order to pass by or did she run into the same problem of not being able to form back?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Exactly. Although it's entirely possible that there is more than one way to the punch domain. His eyes are one, but MAC can get there by another "door" and without being instantly obliterated on entering or exiting.

Issue 9 was ok. If I had to register one complaint (and you all know that I'm good for at least one of those per issue), it's that the Eternity Watch doesn't also include White Phoenix of the Crown, Bast (as opposed to...a different animal totem deity) and Kevin Brashear. Wish list, I know, but it would have been nice to see. And I still want to see Silver Surfer. That aside, at least we're finally getting more metaphorical butt kicking in this issue, so I won't complain too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I can't check the comic offhand but did Monica try turning into sunlight in order to pass by or did she run into the same problem of not being able to form back?
    She tried multiple forms, including photons. She even tried tapping into her cosmic awareness to find an opening as she tried to sync with the shield. No luck. Of course, if the composite Blue Spectrum being couldn't break the shield, I'm guessing even a weakened Lifebringer Galactus wouldn't be much help, either. It's kind of sad that Galactus has all of that advanced technology on his ships and TAA II, but we never see any of it used. Seems like only Korvac knows what to look for in order to gain massive cosmic levels of power.

BANNED

Hey, wouldn't it be funny if Tyke suddenly blew America out of his visor traping her within the shield with everyone else?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-22-2017 at 11:47 PM.

I never knew about this Punch Dimension thing connected to cyclops eye blasters. I always thought Scott Summers was invulnerable because his head never gets blown apart once the blasts are let loose. How does that work then? His head is given specific protection from the forces involved? I thought, anybody who is able to unleash Punch energy has to be insulated from the forces. You can't have a soft fleshy animal unleash Punch energy without that animal being blown apart in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I never knew about this Punch Dimension thing connected to cyclops eye blasters. I always thought Scott Summers was invulnerable because his head never gets blown apart once the blasts are let loose. How does that work then? His head is given specific protection from the forces involved? I thought, anybody who is able to unleash Punch energy has to be insulated from the forces. You can't have a soft fleshy animal unleash Punch energy without that animal being blown apart in the process.
    Chalk that up to comics "science", which really doesn't have to be explained or make sense. In the real world we know physics would indicate equal and opposite reaction. Cyclops would probably break his own neck if he unleashed beams of tremendous energy from his eyes. The recoil would be massively damaging to his entire body and probably lift him off of his feet and hurl him in the opposite direction than the one in which he was blasting, since he doesn't weigh more than a buck ninety, if that. And if he was braced against, say, a wall, he'd probably be propelled through it, depending on how much energy he was unleashing. If it happened to be an immovable structure, he'd probably collapse (flatten) the back his own skull like an aluminum can under foot. We just have to accept the premise that Cyclops is himself immune to all of the effects of the dimensional energy that he expels. It's worth noting that his brothers are, too. Or at least Alex used to be.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 07-23-2017 at 02:41 PM.

BANNED

Good thing Scott can still be conventionally shot to death...

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Good thing Scott can still be conventionally shot to death...
    It just goes to show you that writers either don't think of everything, or they're perfectly fine with a fantasy world where Death doesn't have to get too creative in the exercise of her duties.

BANNED

maybe Cyclops blasts do have a recoil but the recoil is channeled back to the punch dimension and doesn't affect scott . comic book science doesn't have to make sense.