Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    In the context of the story as published and taken in consideration the creative team never went to the trouble to clarify anything, you`re just wanting to read what you want to read.
    But the rest are getting wat's NOT on the page, right. Message received.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DCordo74 View Post
    Attachment 51933

Issue #511
    Of course this was published a few years after Spider-Man Blue, making it a retcon.

Haven't read this in a while, but as I recall it had a somewhat different version of Spider-Man's battle with the Goblin in 39-40.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by nose norton View Post
    But the rest are getting wat's NOT on the page, right. Message received.
    This is such a bizarre line of reasoning, but I admire you for sticking with it.

By your logic, it's entirely possible that Gwen and Peter had sex. Also by your logic, there is a perfectly equal possibility that Peter IS Gwen (but faked her death, killed Spidey and got some plastic surgery). That would explain why he/she knows the kids aren't hers, and he/she never explicitly says anywhere that he/she isn't Gwen Stacy. Going by your logic, the idea that Peter Parker has actually been Gwen Stacy all these years is utterly irrefutable until it is explicitly stated on the page of a comic otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Of course this was published a few years after Spider-Man Blue, making it a retcon.
    What's it retconning?

Incredible Member

The story / mini is just another retelling / reinterpretation of a classic key part of Peter Parker / Spider-Man, this one being 1966-1968 Johnny Romita issues, although this one was beautifully done by Jeph Loeb / Tim Sale.
    Last edited by ngroove; 07-27-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why are we getting so obsessed in proving that Peter and Gwen did (or did not) have an intimate relationship prior to her death in the 616 comics?
    They did not.

Peter was planning to marry Gwendolyn around the early seventies Amazing Spider-Mans though.

The first published off-panel but not so subtly enough telling of Peter's "first time" was with Betty Brant-then Leeds, 1978-1979.

Ok so...for the blue vs. continuity discussion here's something that occurred to me...

This is the scene

IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg

Issue 6 of Blue

This is supposed to be them together afterwards in the real canon.

IMG_0947.jpg

Issue 50

Hmmm...I don't know, I think it's a stretch to say these two shared a passionate kiss (or allegedly did the deed) before. I'm pretty sure Gwen and Peter's first kiss is still in front of her Dad.

But that's just me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    What's it retconning?
    Well, apparently Peter and Gwen had sex, according to Spider-Man Blue, while the later story says no, they did not.

ETA:
    Incidentally, this must be the first time ever that Spider-Man fans use SINS PAST as a guide what did or didn't happen in continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, apparently Peter and Gwen had sex, according to Spider-Man Blue, .
    That's an extrapolation.

And not one the story points toward.

Comics being comics, what is on the page could have been used to say that they slept together later, but there aren't any established visual storytelling cues in there.

(Hell, even when there is a cue, as in with Chameleon and Michelle, it doesn't stop them from later saying what the page implied isn't what happened.)

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

I look at the Loeb "Color" series as their own Universe. Personally I find it hard to believe that 2 college students that dated for at least a year (in Marvel time) and was serious enough to be thinking about marriage didn't do it. But my head canon is that Peter didnt want to let Gwen get that close cause of his secret, and/or guilt of her father's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was always under the impression that Peter had his first time with MJ at the end of the original Clone Saga.
    This is what I think happened too. I saw it as both their first time. They both didnt want to let anyone get that close. But finally they both finally gave in for each other.

I suspect you confusion is for dramatic purposes. It's quite easy, JMS wanted the story to go somewhere else, editorial changed his plans and so, instead of quitting, he did what they asked... to a point. What he didn't do, was explicitly say what the editors wanted him to. You really can't understand his mindset? I do.
    Didnt JMS say once that one of the editorial changes made was saying Peter and Gwen didnt sleep together, because Joey Q didnt want Spider-man to do that out of wedlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    I think most of us can agree that Peter's romance with Carlie was the definition of "forced".
    You mean the "Roman Reigns" of Spider-man's girlfriends?
    Last edited by powerpackers90; 07-27-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gridde View Post
    This is such a bizarre line of reasoning, but I admire you for sticking with it.

By your logic, it's entirely possible that Gwen and Peter had sex. Also by your logic, there is a perfectly equal possibility that Peter IS Gwen (but faked her death, killed Spidey and got some plastic surgery). That would explain why he/she knows the kids aren't hers, and he/she never explicitly says anywhere that he/she isn't Gwen Stacy. Going by your logic, the idea that Peter Parker has actually been Gwen Stacy all these years is utterly irrefutable until it is explicitly stated on the page of a comic otherwise.
    It's also possible that the GG kidnapped every friend of Peter's, in ASM #39, and substituted them with clones. We still haven't seen that story pan out.

Having ideas that could be made to fit and explaining an opinion about a scene open to interpretation, are two completely different things. But you know that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCordo74 View Post
    Ok so...for the blue vs. continuity discussion here's something that occurred to me...

This is the scene

IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg

Issue 6 of Blue

This is supposed to be them together afterwards in the real canon.

IMG_0947.jpg

Issue 50

Hmmm...I don't know, I think it's a stretch to say these two shared a passionate kiss (or allegedly did the deed) before. I'm pretty sure Gwen and Peter's first kiss is still in front of her Dad.

But that's just me.
    I'd think if a girl I'm interested in calls me class mate and neighbor, she may not be that into me ...that's fluent friend zone banter ...

But for all I know that's 70s comics code for some of the dirtiest pillow talk imaginable.

The whole black undergarments was explained in 10 things I hate about you .. (Rolls eyes)

Think every writer up until Sins wrote their stories assuming more than splitting a malt at the piggy wiggly was going on ... makes for some weird re-readings.

She's almost more a reminder of SMs failure than that an ex who leaves a hole in your heart and winds up on a pedestal... With Sins in the mix your left wondering why Peter would even care so much

Sins is why we can't have nice things ... Wish they'd just let her be. Conway got it right with the clone saga. Maybe Dan has something good in mind for the most recent clone ... But I feel practically waterboarded about it at this point.

I really liked Blue - no matter what they say and do with her ... she's safe in my head.
    Last edited by Vixx; 07-27-2017 at 06:19 PM.

I feel like it's quite important to treat the recent clone and original Gwen as totally separate entities, no matter what Mr Slott says/infers. I agree with the above; stuff like Blue is as far as they Marvel should go when it comes to revisiting Gwen's canon.

Having ideas that could be made to fit and explaining an opinion about a scene open to interpretation, are two completely different things. But you know that.
    Are those not the same thing...?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gridde View Post
    Are those not the same thing...?
    Of course not, take the current page being discussed, posted somewhere before. Had Peter said: "We never... had sex", you could still have ideas that could be made to fit, like saying he had been brainwashed by Norman, when he had him captive the last time, or that it was the chameleon supplanting him, or whatever. That's a completely different thing as to finish the phrase "We never..." in other ways, than the most obvious one.