Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    You didn't like Conway's writing? That's surprising.

It felt stifled and it bored me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    It felt stifled and it bored me
    I respect your opinion. Personally, I thought Conway's writing on Renew Your Vows was vastly superior to what Dan Slott has been doing on Amazing and Chip Zdarsky on Spectacular.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCordo74 View Post
    Plus he's open to feedback. Which is pretty rare in comic writers. Lol! So I'm down.

If he's half as good at writing as he is at drawing, we'll be in good hands.
    and he is in favor of the Spider-Marriage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    and he is in favor of the Spider-Marriage
    That is what is making me more optimistic than I would be otherwise.

I am concerned. The latest issue wasn't bad, but it was lacking in a certain way that I can't pin down. Will give it a chance going forward, however.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    I respect your opinion. Personally, I thought Conway's writing on Renew Your Vows was vastly superior to what Dan Slott has been doing on Amazing and Chip Zdarsky on Spectacular.

I'm not reading Spectacular as the FCBD issue didn't grab me but I respectfully disagree about Slott

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I'm not reading Spectacular as the FCBD issue didn't grab me but I respectfully disagree about Slott
    I understand. And don't worry; you aren't missing much with Spectacular Spider-Man.

I'm confused. I thought Steggman was an artist. Has he written stories before? If so can someone tell me which stories?

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I'm confused. I thought Steggman was an artist. Has he written stories before? If so can someone tell me which stories?
    I do believe this is really Stegman's first time writing a comic. He co-wrote/co-plotted a few issues of RYV before taking over as the book's writer. A number of comic artists also take on the job of comic writer as well. George Perez and Phil Jimenez have also written comic books (that they sometimes also drew).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I do believe this is really Stegman's first time writing a comic. He co-wrote/co-plotted a few issues of RYV before taking over as the book's writer. A number of comic artists also take on the job of comic writer as well. George Perez and Phil Jimenez have also written comic books (that they sometimes also drew).
    I did not know that. I really only know Steggman from his time as artist on Scarlet Spider.

So far I'm not seeing any warning signs in regards to Stegman writing the series full time. While he was working on Conway with the story, he wrote the last issue's script by himself and the quality seemed comparable to what we'd seen before.