Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast

Since Cheetah will be in this, I'm gonna bet it's the patron god Urzkartaga as the main villain. Chances are he resurrects Steve to be his vessel in order to bring WW to his side, and the resurrected Steve probably wouldn't know it. At the end she'll have to choose between keeping him or killing him.

She probably kills him eventually, which would lead nicely into that outburst in JL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Or maybe Cheetah has something to so with his return? What if Babara is older then she looks?
    I am not a fan of resurrection story arcs, regardless of the good intentions or writing, it always comes off tacky and cliche. I do wish they had just set the film 10 years after, Steve not dieing at all.
    The good thing about Wonder Woman is her movies can work as a stand alone series. There is no need for time jumps or catch up to the present like what we see in the X-Men movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I'd rather have more of her other villains than just the gods. Thats a problem we are having in the comics now as it is. She has a rich plethora of villains that they can use. I'd rather they use them.
    I'm sure you do, but Dr. Psycho does not fit as an explanation as to why Steve Trevor pops up in 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm sure you do, but Dr. Psycho does not fit as an explanation as to why Steve Trevor pops up in 1984.
    Psycho's a telepath. He could create an illusion of Steve after plucking the memory from Diana's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How much do you know about Captain Wonder?

Richard Alexander

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Psycho's a telepath.
    But he's more a projector than a reader.

Never mind that getting Chris Pine back just to play not-Steve Trevor is silly.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

As dumb as it is, I think he's just Steve Trevor III.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Isn't that what they did on the tvshow?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Really dumb if he is Steve Trevor III, Its tackier than resurrecting the character. The only time I have ever seen the Grandfather-Father-Son story played by the same actor that worked was in Forrest Gump and it was meant to be intentionally funny. For now I will just assume Diana is having visions of Steve, thinking of what could have been had he lived.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    So, I guess this means that from now on they will throw continuity and storytelling through the window in the name of fanservice, right? Thanks Geoff Johns!
    Um, in what way, shape or form is continuity being thrown out if Steve is resurrected? There is precedent in the source material for him dying and coming back, and any other explanation (dream, illusions etc.). We don't know the context at all yet, but I'm pretty confident he's not just gonna be there without explanation.

Retired

Good directors build up relationships with the actors in their movies. You often see a director going back to the same stars, because they've developed this shorthand with each other and they know what they will deliver.

This was always clear with Patty Jenkins when she was out promoting WONDER WOMAN--she had so many good things to say about Chris Pine and for his part she got one of his best performances out of him. If Patty hadn't brought Pine back, that would have surprised me--because she puts so much store in him.

I don't want her to invalidate the emotional punch of the first movie, but I'm sure there are lots of ways she can use Pine without doing that. It's a wise decision to keep him around, in whatever role he plays--hardly silly.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Good directors build up relationships with the actors in their movies. You often see a director going back to the same stars, because they've developed this shorthand with each other and they know what they will deliver.

This was always clear with Patty Jenkins when she was out promoting WONDER WOMAN--she had so many good things to say about Chris Pine and for his part she got one of his best performances out of him. If Patty hadn't brought Pine back, that would have surprised me--because she puts so much store in him.

I don't want her to invalidate the emotional punch of the first movie, but I'm sure there are lots of ways she can use Pine without doing that. It's a wise decision to keep him around, in whatever role he plays--hardly silly.
    Can you tell me the actor or actress that Patty Jenkins didn't absolutely gush about in the first movie, especially when asked by interviewers or the like?

Everbody in Hollywood is a genius in acting, producing, directing when interviewed that it takes the sting out of the word.

Note, I am not saying Chris Pine did a bad job. I liked him in the movie, but if he is really back from the dead, then it really takes the emotional impact out of the previous movie, not to mention it would follow the common comic book trope that no one ever really dies if they are a popular enough character.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I can't imagine they would just casually drop a big spoiler like Steve's resurrection while this is only just entering production. I feel it's far more likely this is some trick by Psycho/Circe/Duke of Deception/Deimos/whoever or Steve's descendant like in the TV show than actually Steve.

The confused/surprised/heated reactions of fans is precisely what Jenkins wants.