Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I still think it was a missed opportunity not casting Lynda as Fausta Grables, the woman in the blue dress.
    Still, as a consolation prize, it was pretty cool that they got the original Fausta into that role. This time, Diana got to steal HER clothes!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    And, of course, no flying!!!
    Flying is for Superman...and Cyborg...and probably Shazam...well, it's for the menz

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Hard to say without knowing more about the characters that will be appearing in the movie. It would also depend on whether or not it's going to be just a short cameo or a more substantial role for Lynda.
    I'd love to see her as Julia Kapatelis, though I imagine if Lynda does appear in the film it will be in a very minor/cameo role.

I agree that Fausta Grables in the first movie would've been fabulous for Lynda!

Am really looking forward to that!
    Really enjoyed Gal Gadot performances as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince in Batman vs Supermanawn of Justice, Wonder Woman and Justice League.
    And now we get another Wonder Woman movie! What a treat!

BANNED

I still think it was a missed opportunity not casting Lynda as Fausta Grables, the woman in the blue dress.
    I thought Hypolita

BANNED

Why would she even want to play Fausta?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    I don't like WW2 being a period piece.
    It's a step backward. All the developpement that she had in JL will be absent.
    She will be in hidding again, she will be a loner again, she will be in mourning of Steve again.
    This will be the fourth movie in which Diana appears and the 3rd in which she cries for him, can we move on from the guy please?
    And of course, we won't see her mastering new powers, we won't see the modern public reacting to her existence, and maybe she won't be named Wonder Woman (after 4 films).
    I mostly agree, but I'm optimistic that Patty Jenkins knows what she's doing with the character and that she and Gal Gadot will do Diana justice.

I certainly hope that we don't hear anything more about Steve Trevor. He must have been one heck of a good lay to consume Diana's thoughts and memories for over 100 years, including risking exposing herself just to obtain a digital copy of that photo from Lex Luthor (without apparently being too concerned about any duplicates or the original which Batman managed to find).

I do wonder what will happen with her costume and any public super heroics. Will Diana not wear her iconic armour at any point? That seems highly unlikely in terms of selling merchandise. Or will she only wear it in some kind of battle that is not recorded in any way? We already had rumours about the Angels of Mons from World War 1 to help to "explain" why Diana's heroics were so easily dismissed / forgotten / obfuscated. I guess using a villain like Dr Psycho or Circe could help to explain how everyone "forgets" Diana if she engages in major super heroics in the 1980s - their memories are wiped? I'd prefer it if the entire movie wasn't simply Diana engaging in super secret spy / espionage missions without an opportunity for her to really break free and show what she can do on a large scale. Unless that happens something extremely isolated or even on Themyscira perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I certainly hope that we don't hear anything more about Steve Trevor. He must have been one heck of a good lay to consume Diana's thoughts and memories for over 100 years, including risking exposing herself just to obtain a digital copy of that photo from Lex Luthor (without apparently being too concerned about any duplicates or the original which Batman managed to find).
    Out of their entire relationship, you believe the only thing that has any lasting impression is the one night they slept together?

I think that over the course of the film, Jenkins did a masterful job with Gadot and Pine in establishing the basis of a solid relationship which culminated in Steve's heroic sacrifice inspired by Diana's courage and convictions. Mutual trust, love, admiration and respect is something that can be very lasting and memorable.

'A good lay' is a pretty crude and woefully incomplete way to describe what transpired between the two.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Out of their entire relationship, you believe the only thing that has any lasting impression is the one night they slept together?
    Lol, no. Perhaps I need to remove my tongue from the inside of my cheek.

I fully appreciate that Diana and Steve shared something much more than one night of passion. But, I'm still well and truly over Steve Trevor playing such a large role in all of Diana's appearances - he was her motivation for showing up in DoJ, he was her co-star in WW and he was her reason for not wanting to be a "leader" in JL. I get it - he made an impact on Diana, but I'm ready to move onwards and upwards with the DCEU version of Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I fully appreciate that Diana and Steve shared something much more than one night of passion. But, I'm still well and truly over Steve Trevor playing such a large role in all of Diana's appearances - he was her motivation for showing up in DoJ, he was her co-star in WW and he was her reason for not wanting to be a "leader" in JL. I get it - he made an impact on Diana, but I'm ready to move onwards and upwards with the DCEU version of Diana.
    One aspect of why Steve still remains with Diana is that she partly blames herself for his death: she knows that after the death of Ludendorff she failed to follow and support him, and that set forth a sequence of events that led to him flying off. So she not only mourns Steve, she blames herself for his death. She also in some way knows that part of his farewell to her was forgiving her for not helping him earlier (implied by passing on the watch and saying that he loved her).

For what it's worth, I'm not sure if Batman v Superman and Justice League will be considered canon for the future movies.

Retired

I think why Steve imprints on Diana is patently obvious. To the point where I feel foolish in even explaining it, because surely everyone understands it.

It’s like when any new born forms an attachment to a parent or guardian. Heck, it’s MARCH OF THE PENGUINS. Diana comes into a new world and the person that pulls her into that world is Steve. She spends a long journey at sea with him and comes to understand this new world primarily from his perspective. He’s imprinted on her, she can’t help but think about him no matter how much time passes.

To put it another way, Diana is like Miranda in THE TEMPEST. No doubt this story was a huge influence on Marston. When Miranda meets the ship wrecked Ferdinand, they fall immediately in love. He represents a world her father has kept hidden from her all her life.

When Miranda sees the whole crew of castaways, she exclaims,
    “O wonder!
    How many goodly creatures are there here!
    How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
    That has such people in't.”

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why would she even want to play Fausta?
    What does this even mean?
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Tenerife, one of Spain's Canary Islands, has been confirmed as a shooting location for the movie.

The island is known for its diverse natural landscapes, so it could either be the location where Dr. Barbara Ann Minerva comes across Urzkartaga on an archaeological adventure, or if Circe's in the film, possibly her island home?

Or maybe both if Circe is playing the Urzkartaga role.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

What does this even mean?
    I think it means that unless you watched the end credits carefully, no one would have known what character Fausta was in the movie. Lynda would have had a 5 second cameo in which she wore a blue dress, and that would have been the extent of that.

Not exactly a great showing for the Wonder Woman icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Still, as a consolation prize, it was pretty cool that they got the original Fausta into that role. This time, Diana got to steal HER clothes!
    Wait...that was the original Fausta actress???
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.