Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Possible good news:

"TNT has given a green light for a straight-to-series order with Jenkins attached to direct the pilot and potentially additional episodes. Pine is attached to star in all six episodes." http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/chri...en-1202507134/

It's only six episodes, and Patty may only be doing the pilot. Plenty of time to get back to WW.
    Well, alright then! Hope is restored!

In that case, the silence about Patty doing the sequel may simply boil down to Patty wanting to focus on getting this project off the ground before moving on to the next thing and/or WB may actually be accommodating her and they're simply holding off on the negotiations until she's ready to sit down and deal with it.

It definitely doesn't seem like the kind of thing that should take a year or more to resolve, so there should be plenty of time for Patty to finish this thing up and then turn her full attention to WW II.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    WW II.
    I have to say I don't care for the use of the Roman numerals "II" for the WW sequel - it looks to much like the common short hand for World War II. Unless, of course, the sequel is set during that time - then again, that may make it worse: which "WWII" are you referring to?

Not a big deal. The big deal is Patty. So, call her everyday, even if just to say hi and wish her luck on this tv show and remind her that she's wonderful.

Retired

WB and Patty Jenkins have people to handle the negotiations, it doesn't take away from their time. I find it hard to believe they haven't already come to an agreement. Or maybe they have and they have plans for when to announce it. It's probably not just an agreement on WONDER WOMAN II but a multi-picture deal with Jenkins having her own production company and getting to direct her own projects. So maybe they need to get all the ducks in a row.

Incredible Member

I kind of hope we do get a sequel in World War II because it would mean more Etta, who I loved, and possibly some closure with Dr. Poison and more insights into what Diana was up to during the time after Steve's death.

Hm. I really REALLY want a Patty Jenkins announcement on this soon. Could you imagine building Wonder Woman's 'Empire Strikes Back' movie off the back of the amazing first film!!?? I don't think she'll pass it up, and i'm about 99.9999999% confident that she'll be in, but I want 100% already.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

TrueWWFan

I'm sweating buckets over this! How long are the fans supposed to wait for the official announcement? I don't want anyone else to get their grubby hands on WW! Not even Joss (and I used to think Whedon would be great with WW given how well he did with Buffy, but now I kind of feel sick inside thinking of him or anyone else but Patty directing WWII). Patty Jenkins is pure magic. We need her! I am excited to see what Joss will do with her in the JLA, but at least I'm reassured that if he doesn't nail her perfectly, it's not HER movie, and I'll be able to let it go more easily.

As a great example of what it's like to work with Patty Jenkins, have you all read this article? It made me cry... more than once! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...shpmg00000063#

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrueWWFan View Post
    As a great example of what it's like to work with Patty Jenkins, have you all read this article? It made me cry... more than once! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...shpmg00000063#
    I really enjoy this, thanks for sharing.

"It felt like we were truly Amazons,” she said. “I have never been around that many strong women at one time. It was like a puzzle, and we all fit in it together. It felt like we were real, true Amazons.”

“I was a little nervous at first,” she added, “but as soon as I arrived I just felt this ... surge of power and unity.”

"Everyone that was an Amazon [had] so much mental strength,” she said. “Everyone just walked with more power. They walked with this Amazonian vibe.”

"Yeah, there’s a lot of action and cool moments. But at the heart of it, it’s about love and compassion and unity,” she said. “It translated so well coming from a woman’s voice. We all knew that we were going to be a part of something really special.”

PAY PATTY! PAY PATTY! PAY PATTY!

I wonder if World War II would have even happened in the DCEU, without General Ludendorff. Maybe that's why it's not being addressed in the sequel.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I wonder if World War II would have even happened in the DCEU, without General Ludendorff. Maybe that's why it's not being addressed in the sequel.
    I think when all is said and done, Erich Ludendorff was a neutral influence on Hitler and the Second World War. And he died in 1937. It's too bad they didn't try to make Danny Huston look more like the real life Erich Ludendorff, as that guy had an imposing Prussian look to him. But maybe the fact that they don't look alike is meant to indicate they're not the same person.

Diana and Steve should have gone to Pasewalk where Adolf Hitler was recovering from a mustard gas attack. If she had stuck him with god-killer that would have changed the events of history for sure.

BANNED

I think I know what going to happen in justice league to the amazons, a few are going to die from Steppenwulf getting the motherbox but as a whole they are fine but the main thing is that Steppenwulf is going to comepletely wreck the magic hiding Themyscyra from the world.

So it would make Amazons known to the world and Diana would come out as one of her people and act as an ambassador to the world for her people as the Amazons start to interact into Modern Society and Modern Society studies them for link in history and such.

Because Tho removed from most of the world for a long time, they do have alot of books detailing the history of early man that the rest of the world would love to study. I think this would be good to set up wonder women2.

In Wonder Woman 2 you can have some archaeologists find a map to some that could lead to amazonian outpost long thought lost and Barbara Minerva be one of the archaeologists. And Before they get to it have Another one of her foes be the distraction to chase to the Old Outpost but for Minerva to be the true villian having got everything set up ahead of time. You could have her bond with diana before betraying her and then losing herself partially to the Cat Spirit In a Totem and turn into Cheetah and have them fight it out before Diana wins in that she found the old Amazonian Outpost and retrieved some harmful artifacts before they got out into the world but lost because some of them were unaccounted for and the Cat Totem is fused with Minerva with no way of knowing how to get it out of her.

Well, this seems to confirm Patty, but I don't see anything where Patty confirmed...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/10/w...e-geoff-johns/

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Well, this seems to confirm Patty, but I don't see anything where Patty confirmed...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/10/w...e-geoff-johns/
    Oh, nevermind...new article, old news. haha

Last edited by RealWonderman; 08-18-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Retired

Maybe Patty is waiting for WONDER WOMAN to open in Japan. If she signed much earlier, expecting the movie to only make $600 M global, she wouldn't have the leverage. Since it will be upwards of $800 M, she has a stronger hand. It was smart to wait.

Mighty Member

Geena Davis Wants To Be In 'Wonder Woman 2'

At this point it should go without saying, but Wonder Woman was a massive hit and the first bonafide success for DC Films in their budding shared universe. It’s done so well that other people in Hollywood want in on the action.

In an interview with Variety, Academy Award-winning actor Geena Davis revealed that she wants in on the announced Wonder Woman sequel.

“Certainly Wonder Woman needed to be made, and I’m so beyond thrilled with how it came out,” Davis said. “I met Patty Jenkins and I told her, ‘I’m sure you’re going to make a sequel and if you need anybody Amazonian, there’s always me. I’m available.’”

Davis is no stranger to action films. She starred as an ass-kicking protagonist in many films such as The Long Kiss Goodnight and Cutthroat Island, and has many other iconic roles in films like A League Of Their Own and Thelma & Louise.

The actor is currently starring on Fox’s television adaptation of The Exorcist and has a new movie in theaters called Marjorie Prime.

Davis has a dominant presence on screen backed by amazing talent, so her involvement in the Wonder Woman sequel would be a welcome addition. Though she has yet to star in a superhero film, Davis would likely blow any role she takes out of the water.

Maybe she could play Barbara Minerva AKA Cheetah, Wonder Woman’s best friend turned bitter foe? She definitely has the ability to play a great villain, more so than a supporting role. Hopefully we learn more about Wonder Woman 2 soon.