Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New costume for Diana in WW2...

"Wonder Woman 2 they explained the tones of the movie and showed some story board of art of a new costume for Wonder Woman. They also showed a small preview of what they are trying to do with Cheetah."

"Cheetah was literally a tease image based on what they want it to look like. Hard to explain but probably what you think, for WW it’s a battle gear, pretty cool"

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Eliesen/s...09255564771328
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-21-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

"Wonder Woman 2 they explained the tones of the movie and showed some story board of art of a new costume for Wonder Woman. They also showed a small preview of what they are trying to do with Cheetah."

"Cheetah was literally a tease image based on what they want it to look like. Hard to explain but probably what you think, for WW it’s a battle gear, pretty cool"

Aren’t they supposed to start filming soon? Maybe we’ll get a glimpse of her costume then? Idk.

Incredible Member

Very interested in seeing “Battle Armour” Wonder Woman!

I was surprised when they didn’t do anything with the costume for JL to sell more toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Uhh, is the armor to battle the Cheetah? I'm curious

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Uhh, is the armor to battle the Cheetah? I'm curious
    Good question. Diana doesn't typically need special armor to fight Cheetah. Unless Cheetah has been seriously upgraded in power, I think it's fair to assume the armor is for some other threat.

Interesting.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah, I doubt Cheetah is the only threat in this, even if she's the main one. Maybe Jenkins will do what comic book writers have failed to do for years, and have Minerva's poking through various tombs and acquiring relics lead to the awakening of some other threat that she may be able to direct. Diana needs the armor for Cheetah's minions/weapon/whatever, not (just) Cheetah herself.

I'm gonna lay down my box office prediction for the movie and then compare it in a year and half:

Domestic: Sub 400M. Movies that break out to such a degree almost never re-capture and improve the audience. Sure Hunger Games 2 improved but it is more or less an exception out of all the sequels to movies that made 400M+ domestically.

It won't have summer weekdays, it will likely open much higher so you can forget about anything close to that 4x multiplier or the insane weekend drops that the first one saw, novelty is gone and it has major competition that overlaps in its audience, Frozen 2 and that Disney/Fox superhero movie on its 4th weekend. You could even add James Bond taking away the male crowd and opens on its second weekend. Wonder Woman was dropping sub 45% during its first 2-5th weekends. This time around The sequel will likely drop much higher during its 2nd-5th weekend.

Overseas: If they keep the November release date I think WW2 will get decimated in Europe because of James Bond. Superhero movies aren't that popular there box office wise, and considering how Bond at its peak (Skyfall) made a combined total in major European markets (Russia, France, Germany, UK and Netherlands could be thrown in for fun) of around 356M and Spectre made less (which is expected for sequels that break out) with 258.5 but still beat the combined totals in those markets of the two biggest recent sh movies (with a weaker euro to boot) Black Panther and Infinity War. Not so sure what the Russia numbers are but I'll assume 20M give or take a little for both. That puts them at 156M and approx 187.5M respectively atm. But Infinity War has incoming major competition and doesn't have that much left in the tank to beat even Spectre in those combined markets.

But superhero movies are generally loved in parts of Latin America and Asia (save for Japan). So it will probably improve there. I can't see it breaking out then more then 120M max in China because that is around the max that non team up superhero movies have made there.

All in all I think it will make around 800-900M ww. Domestically it will likely see a decrease but it should improve a little bit and make more overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I'm gonna lay down my box office prediction for the movie and then compare it in a year and half:

Domestic: Sub 400M. Movies that break out to such a degree almost never re-capture and improve the audience. Sure Hunger Games 2 improved but it is more or less an exception out of all the sequels to movies that made 400M+ domestically.

It won't have summer weekdays, it will likely open much higher so you can forget about anything close to that 4x multiplier or the insane weekend drops that the first one saw, novelty is gone and it has major competition that overlaps in its audience, Frozen 2 and that Disney/Fox superhero movie on its 4th weekend. You could even add James Bond taking away the male crowd and opens on its second weekend. Wonder Woman was dropping sub 45% during its first 2-5th weekends. This time around The sequel will likely drop much higher during its 2nd-5th weekend.

Overseas: If they keep the November release date I think WW2 will get decimated in Europe because of James Bond. Superhero movies aren't that popular there box office wise, and considering how Bond at its peak (Skyfall) made a combined total in major European markets (Russia, France, Germany, UK and Netherlands could be thrown in for fun) of around 356M and Spectre made less (which is expected for sequels that break out) with 258.5 but still beat the combined totals in those markets of the two biggest recent sh movies (with a weaker euro to boot) Black Panther and Infinity War. Not so sure what the Russia numbers are but I'll assume 20M give or take a little for both. That puts them at 156M and approx 187.5M respectively atm. But Infinity War has incoming major competition and doesn't have that much left in the tank to beat even Spectre in those combined markets.

But superhero movies are generally loved in parts of Latin America and Asia (save for Japan). So it will probably improve there. I can't see it breaking out then more then 120M max in China because that is around the max that non team up superhero movies have made there.

All in all I think it will make around 800-900M ww. Domestically it will likely see a decrease but it should improve a little bit and make more overseas.
    I think it will actually out-do the original domestically... Higher open, and I'll say 450-475 Domestic. Internationally, I agree with your assessment.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Interesting video about Wonder Woman fighting styles in the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post

Interesting video about Wonder Woman fighting styles in the DCEU.
    I do think Diana should even in the comics know multiple fighting styles. Not just the Amazons. I mean Diana knew many languages in the movies

WW 2 set in 1984?

EDIT: Patty Jenkins changed her twitter header image with the "WW84" pic: https://twitter.com/pattyjenks

Is "WW84" going to be the title of the movie?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-01-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Seems like it

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-2-ww84-image/

What year did Cheetah make a appear in Perez's run?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What year did Cheetah make a appear in Perez's run?
    She appeared in 1987.

I wonder why 1984 as a title