Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Any good fancast ideas?

Im still figuring out who id like to see

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I pretty much agree with all of those (some more, some less).

1- Agree. WW 2 should be after JL. Let's see where she goes from here. I don't want to keep going backwards.

2- Steve or bust, I say.

3- Yes to more growth in her powers. No, I don't think she needs a trainer. The woman can figure it out on her own.

4- Yes to Cheetah, esp Rucka's Rebirth version. Love how the video describes them meeting, seems like such a perfect fit.

5- I'm always down for more good depictions of WW Amazons. Maybe Diana overhears Barbara saying she's found evidence of their existence?

‘Wonder Woman 2’: Patty Jenkins Teases A New Love Story and New Characters

http://collider.com/wonder-woman-2-n...patty-jenkins/

Whoa...

"...because she is Wonder Woman and she’s here now and she’s fully developed, it’s got great fun from the start and great big superhero presence from the start, and is funny and a great love story again and a couple new unbelievable characters who I’m so excited about, who are very different than were in the last movie.”
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 11-30-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    ‘Wonder Woman 2’: Patty Jenkins Teases A New Love Story and New Characters

http://collider.com/wonder-woman-2-n...patty-jenkins/

Whoa...

"...because she is Wonder Woman and she’s here now and she’s fully developed, it’s got great fun from the start and great big superhero presence from the start, and is funny and a great love story again and a couple new unbelievable characters who I’m so excited about, who are very different than were in the last movie.”
    WHOA, indeed!

I love just about everything I'm hearing here. Definitely want to know who these "unbelievable new characters" are going to be.

It is true that Steve will be a hard act to follow in the love story department, but I'm curious to see which way they go with it.

Interesting stuff.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    WHOA, indeed!

I love just about everything I'm hearing here. Definitely want to know who these "unbelievable new characters" are going to be.

It is true that Steve will be a hard act to follow in the love story department, but I'm curious to see which way they go with it.

Interesting stuff.
    The podcast is very interesting...though I would much rather see Barbara than Trevor.

Apparently, there are rumors circulating that DC and WB want to go in a "Legion of Doom" route and introduce the members throughout the next few solo films. I would be shocked if one of the "new, unbelievable characters" wasn't Cheetah.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Apparently, there are rumors circulating that DC and WB want to go in a "Legion of Doom" route and introduce the members throughout the next few solo films. I would be shocked if one of the "new, unbelievable characters" wasn't Cheetah.
    Yep. They'll need a Wonder Woman villain, and introducing him/her in the sequel makes sense.

Cheetah or Circe are definitely the strongest contenders.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep. They'll need a Wonder Woman villain, and introducing him/her in the sequel makes sense.

Cheetah or Circe are definitely the strongest contenders.
    I hope to god it's a her, since there aren't very many other female villains from other heroes' rogues galleries to pull from.

And I hope it's not Circe, since it always bugs me when they try to lump her in with Luthor and Joker. She should be so far above them.

I really hope, even if she doesn't get a "spotlight villain" role, we get some big screen Giganta at some point, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    As I've said elsewhere. I agree with this. I definitely believe that Barbara Ann needs to be introduced as a friend of Diana's, for the whole second movie atleast until the end of the movie. So that when her eventual fall happens, its all the more heartbreaking. WE have yet seen anything like this in any of the comic book movies. Sure, you can show her pride, and Diana trying to get her to not be that way, but Diana loves the heck out of her friend. Diana being unable to save Barbara from turning into The Cheetah and the curse, and Barbara blaming Diana, though it is her own fault? It is just perfect and writes itself.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    As I've said elsewhere. I agree with this. I definitely believe that Barbara Ann needs to be introduced as a friend of Diana's, for the whole second movie atleast until the end of the movie. So that when her eventual fall happens, its all the more heartbreaking. WE have yet seen anything like this in any of the comic book movies. Sure, you can show her pride, and Diana trying to get her to not be that way, but Diana loves the heck out of her friend. Diana being unable to save Barbara from turning into The Cheetah and the curse, and Barbara blaming Diana, though it is her own fault? It is just perfect and writes itself.
    Yes, I think this would be great! BFF's/sisters (or lovers) until the third act....then she becomes Cheetah, and it ends in heartbreak. This would be the best way to follow up the last love story, and keep the feel!

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

How many on this board are not as hyped as they might have been to seeing a 2nd Wonder Woman film after watching Justice League?

You can count me as one that really doesn't care about the release and what content the movie will have. Especially if the movie is still part of the current DCEU.

They really did her a disservice in the way she was depicted in her fights with Steppenwolf as well as Superman. So the most powerful superheroine, while not as powerful in raw strength as well as other abilities, could make that up by her superior agility and fighting prowess to make her a virtual match. Yet, most of us have seen that Superman is at the top of Mount Everett while the rest are at one of the camps before they try to climb the damn mountain.

In the back of my mind I always knew Superman was the most powerful, but others, like Wonder Woman, could probably hold their own and maybe win 4/10 times. So this translates, for me, that Wondy could probably take on quite a few of the powerhouses that Superman takes on and win. So even though I would like to see her take on some of his villains, it didn't matter since I thought the two were roughly equal to each other.

Not anymore! The Justice League movie makes it clear that Superman doesn't need the league as they are all just minor leaguers to him. Whatever world ending threat that she has to foil in her solo movie will just be ho-hum to me. If the situation gets out of hand, Cyborg can monitor it, tell Superman the coordinates, he gets there within a flash, and can save the day. Or else, what Wondy considers to be a world ending threat is just another day at the office for Superman.

Maybe she will get to use one of her hazy, undefined Goddess powers in the movie like she did in her solo to win the day. I hope that doesn't happen because why didn't she use it against Supes or SW then?

And if they continue to make her this mid-level street fighter type, I think I will have to wait for the reboot, which may be a long time away. I mean, they have rebooted Superman and Batman a number of times, but I don't think Wondy is in that category yet for quick reboots.

Sorry for the rant, but even if they make her a flyer in the near future, her jobbing in the Justice League is taking the joy I have in the character. And this coming from someone that really liked her solo movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    How many on this board are not as hyped as they might have been to seeing a 2nd Wonder Woman film after watching Justice League?

You can count me as one that really doesn't care about the release and what content the movie will have. Especially if the movie is still part of the current DCEU.

They really did her a disservice in the way she was depicted in her fights with Steppenwolf as well as Superman. So the most powerful superheroine, while not as powerful in raw strength as well as other abilities, could make that up by her superior agility and fighting prowess to make her a virtual match. Yet, most of us have seen that Superman is at the top of Mount Everett while the rest are at one of the camps before they try to climb the damn mountain.

In the back of my mind I always knew Superman was the most powerful, but others, like Wonder Woman, could probably hold their own and maybe win 4/10 times. So this translates, for me, that Wondy could probably take on quite a few of the powerhouses that Superman takes on and win. So even though I would like to see her take on some of his villains, it didn't matter since I thought the two were roughly equal to each other.

Not anymore! The Justice League movie makes it clear that Superman doesn't need the league as they are all just minor leaguers to him. Whatever world ending threat that she has to foil in her solo movie will just be ho-hum to me. If the situation gets out of hand, Cyborg can monitor it, tell Superman the coordinates, he gets there within a flash, and can save the day. Or else, what Wondy considers to be a world ending threat is just another day at the office for Superman.

Maybe she will get to use one of her hazy, undefined Goddess powers in the movie like she did in her solo to win the day. I hope that doesn't happen because why didn't she use it against Supes or SW then?

And if they continue to make her this mid-level street fighter type, I think I will have to wait for the reboot, which may be a long time away. I mean, they have rebooted Superman and Batman a number of times, but I don't think Wondy is in that category yet for quick reboots.

Sorry for the rant, but even if they make her a flyer in the near future, her jobbing in the Justice League is taking the joy I have in the character. And this coming from someone that really liked her solo movie.
    That's too bad.

I'm super hyped...more so, actually, because I am pretty sure Patty isn't happy with JL (if you listen to the podcast, at the end, she does a wonderful job of avoiding making any comment about the movie) so she will feel EXTRA protective about the next representation of Diana. She believes Diana is an equal to Kal, so that will show...and it will likely have a very very very loose (if any) connection to DCEU.

Also, and not surprisingly, I totally disagree with all of your assessment of the current version, and I find it very easy to enjoy Justice League.

Retired

I liked JUSTIC LEAGUE, but I felt that I ruined some of it for myself by watching so many trailers and teasers. Some scenes that would have had a hard impact on me were softened because I'd already been spoiled. So maybe I have to make an extra effort in the next two years to avoid all the spoilage so I can see WONDER WOMAN II with fresh eyes.