Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I liked JUSTIC LEAGUE, but I felt that I ruined some of it for myself by watching so many trailers and teasers. Some scenes that would have had a hard impact on me were softened because I'd already been spoiled. So maybe I have to make an extra effort in the next two years to avoid all the spoilage so I can see WONDER WOMAN II with fresh eyes.
    Yes...it's hard to do. I'm gonna try too!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    How many on this board are not as hyped as they might have been to seeing a 2nd Wonder Woman film after watching Justice League?

You can count me as one that really doesn't care about the release and what content the movie will have. Especially if the movie is still part of the current DCEU.

They really did her a disservice in the way she was depicted in her fights with Steppenwolf as well as Superman. So the most powerful superheroine, while not as powerful in raw strength as well as other abilities, could make that up by her superior agility and fighting prowess to make her a virtual match. Yet, most of us have seen that Superman is at the top of Mount Everett while the rest are at one of the camps before they try to climb the damn mountain.

In the back of my mind I always knew Superman was the most powerful, but others, like Wonder Woman, could probably hold their own and maybe win 4/10 times. So this translates, for me, that Wondy could probably take on quite a few of the powerhouses that Superman takes on and win. So even though I would like to see her take on some of his villains, it didn't matter since I thought the two were roughly equal to each other.

Not anymore! The Justice League movie makes it clear that Superman doesn't need the league as they are all just minor leaguers to him. Whatever world ending threat that she has to foil in her solo movie will just be ho-hum to me. If the situation gets out of hand, Cyborg can monitor it, tell Superman the coordinates, he gets there within a flash, and can save the day. Or else, what Wondy considers to be a world ending threat is just another day at the office for Superman.

Maybe she will get to use one of her hazy, undefined Goddess powers in the movie like she did in her solo to win the day. I hope that doesn't happen because why didn't she use it against Supes or SW then?

And if they continue to make her this mid-level street fighter type, I think I will have to wait for the reboot, which may be a long time away. I mean, they have rebooted Superman and Batman a number of times, but I don't think Wondy is in that category yet for quick reboots.

Sorry for the rant, but even if they make her a flyer in the near future, her jobbing in the Justice League is taking the joy I have in the character. And this coming from someone that really liked her solo movie.
    I treat it just like the comics where youre only going to get good ww in her solo stuff everywhere else its either really hit/miss or she fills a quota. I like pattys version alot and im guessing it will the only dceu version i care about

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I treat it just like the comics where youre only going to get good ww in her solo stuff everywhere else its either really hit/miss or she fills a quota. I like pattys version alot and im guessing it will the only dceu version i care about
    The fact that it is a shared universe now cannot escape how I think about it.

I saw Wonder Woman 3 times in the theatre. The movie was great even though I still think they could have and should have cast someone more crossfit/powerful looking. But that is besides the point now. I really liked the movie.

I go and see Justice League and am actually mad that I spent money on this garbage. It didn't help that I saw the Superman vs Justice League fight clip the day before. I am not sure how I would have reacted had I seen it fresh in the theatres, but knowing me I would have been getting madder and madder throughout the movie as I saw the jobbing the Justice League did to Superman and to SW in general.

I find that any enthusiasm I had for the 2nd Wonder Woman movie waning as the days go by. Maybe, if Diana fights someone like Mary Marvel or Shazam and does the same to them that Superman did to her can they get me back in their good graces.

As of now, the Marvel Universe is thoroughly kicking DC's ass and having seen the Avengers: Infinity War trailer makes me want to see this even more.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

she better fly in this one and give her some strength enhancements. there is no way sipernsn should have beat her the way he did in justice league.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

The fact that it is a shared universe now cannot escape how I think about it.

I saw Wonder Woman 3 times in the theatre. The movie was great even though I still think they could have and should have cast someone more crossfit/powerful looking. But that is besides the point now. I really liked the movie.

I go and see Justice League and am actually mad that I spent money on this garbage. It didn't help that I saw the Superman vs Justice League fight clip the day before. I am not sure how I would have reacted had I seen it fresh in the theatres, but knowing me I would have been getting madder and madder throughout the movie as I saw the jobbing the Justice League did to Superman and to SW in general.

I find that any enthusiasm I had for the 2nd Wonder Woman movie waning as the days go by. Maybe, if Diana fights someone like Mary Marvel or Shazam and does the same to them that Superman did to her can they get me back in their good graces.

As of now, the Marvel Universe is thoroughly kicking DC's ass and having seen the Avengers: Infinity War trailer makes me want to see this even more.
    I understand why you're angry but I wouldn't want them including those random heroes in her story. I'd rather her sequel be about her and her cast/villains and I feel itd be a waste to show anyone else in this movie but they do need to rectify this. Even if they have her fight Cheetah one on one in her movie or something else that would show how powerful she is it will still be "questionable" to a lot of people so I get why that might not be enough but I'll take a good/enjoyable Wonder Woman story over them wasting time cleaning up Snyder and Whendon's messes.

If they don't clean up these bad decisions by firing or changing around who's in charge then I won't even bother with anymore of these movies except for the Wonder Woman solos and the Batman related stuff since those are who I'm a fan of. I just cant bother to even watch these movies to say I watched them anymore or to keep up with the overall story.

Marvel has been beating them in these movies since TDK series ended and they have had a bunch of chances to get it right and turn things around so I don't have any faith in any one tied to these non WW films. I'm not even a marvel fan and liked (BVS and MOS) but there is no doubt they have made a bunch of mistakes since day one. I still don't understand how anybody allowed SS to happen so I'm not sure what else could surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she better fly in this one and give her some strength enhancements. there is no way sipernsn should have beat her the way he did in justice league.
    I hope they show her doing some crazy strength and speed feats. I never cared if she flied or not but after Justice League I want some feats and power ups along with all her gadgets that Patty has talked about using.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 11-30-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I understand why you're angry but I wouldn't want them including those random heroes in her story. I'd rather her sequel be about her and her cast/villains and I feel itd be a waste to show anyone else in this movie but they do need to rectify this. Even if they have her fight Cheetah one on one in her movie or something else that would show how powerful she is it will still be "questionable" to a lot of people so I get why that might not be enough but I'll take a good/enjoyable Wonder Woman story over them wasting time cleaning up Snyder and Whendon's messes.
    I wouldn't mind if the opening scene was Wonder Woman beating up Faora who somehow escaped the phantom zone, the fans have been clamoring for a Faora x Wonder Woman fight since Man of Steel so Jenkins can kill two birds with one stone

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the opening scene was Wonder Woman beating up Faora who somehow escaped the phantom zone, the fans have been clamoring for a Faora x Wonder Woman fight since Man of Steel so Jenkins can kill two birds with one stone
    I really want her movies to be solely about her corner of the DCU so even though I want her to fight Faora I don't want any superman or batman or any non ww related characters touching her movie with a ten foot pole. Plus if her fighting doomsday the way she did can be overshadowed by bad writing then her beating up Faora won't seem to mean much either.

I hope they show her doing some crazy strength and speed feats. I never cared if she flied or not but after Justice League I want some feats and power ups along with all her gadgets that Patty has talked about using.
    Hard pass on that damned invisible jet. Let it remain invisible and far away from WONDER WOMAN 2.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    ‘Wonder Woman 2’: Patty Jenkins Teases A New Love Story and New Characters

http://collider.com/wonder-woman-2-n...patty-jenkins/

Whoa...

"...because she is Wonder Woman and she’s here now and she’s fully developed, it’s got great fun from the start and great big superhero presence from the start, and is funny and a great love story again and a couple new unbelievable characters who I’m so excited about, who are very different than were in the last movie.”
    Patty tweeted...

"Quite a few people, including this headline, seem to be completely misunderstanding or making some pretty false assumptions based on one of many vague quotes I made about something I can't say ANYTHING about. Just wait. "

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...47455515762690

If they don't clean up these bad decisions by firing or changing around who's in charge then I won't even bother with anymore of these movies except for the Wonder Woman solos and the Batman related stuff since those are who I'm a fan of. I just cant bother to even watch these movies to say I watched them anymore or to keep up with the overall story.

Marvel has been beating them in these movies since TDK series ended and they have had a bunch of chances to get it right and turn things around so I don't have any faith in any one tied to these non WW films. I'm not even a marvel fan and liked (BVS and MOS) but there is no doubt they have made a bunch of mistakes since day one. I still don't understand how anybody allowed SS to happen so I'm not sure what else could surprise me.

I don't think fighting Cheetah will be considered one of those knock down fights. She has been portrayed more as a mid level street fighter for the most part that has even gotten knocked out by Batman in the comics. Unless she can lift buildings and show it, doubtful that fighting her will be seen as a crazy strength feat. I don't think many people that have seen her in animated films or comics gives her much respect.

She needs to fight a Mongul type character. Someone with comparable speed and probably stronger than her to show off her supposed best fighting skills in the DCEU. I have seen nothing in her solo movie or BvS or JL to show me why she is this incredible fighter with skills Bruce Lee would be envious of.

So...I would rather have her fight a Superman opponent, if only for a few minutes, to show she can hang with the big alpha male, although we know how a rematch would work out. Supes is the top dog, doesn't need teammates etc..... This we know and that is why the DCEU has become for me a horrible mess. I don't care if Supes is the most powerful of the hero's, but when they don't stand a chance against him as a team, why have a team and why have anyone but Supes star in the movies coming out?

I have no interest in seeing the Aquaman movie. The only vibe I got from him is surfer bro dude. Cyborg, if they make a solo, I will not watch because he is boring to me. Plus, his CGI looked bad, like a small version of a Transformer. And....I will take TV Flash over autistic movie Flash anyday.

And what is this about gadgets that you remarked about? I seriously hope it is not a invisible jet among other things. And I certainly hope she doesn't need some type of girdle to heighten her strength. All she should have is her lasso and bracers. I hate the sword and shield. She is strong enough to lift tanks but needs to use the sword at all times?

I don't think fighting Cheetah will be considered one of those knock down fights. She has been portrayed more as a mid level street fighter for the most part that has even gotten knocked out by Batman in the comics. Unless she can lift buildings and show it, doubtful that fighting her will be seen as a crazy strength feat. I don't think many people that have seen her in animated films or comics gives her much respect.

She needs to fight a Mongul type character. Someone with comparable speed and probably stronger than her to show off her supposed best fighting skills in the DCEU. I have seen nothing in her solo movie or BvS or JL to show me why she is this incredible fighter with skills Bruce Lee would be envious of.

So...I would rather have her fight a Superman opponent, if only for a few minutes, to show she can hang with the big alpha male, although we know how a rematch would work out. Supes is the top dog, doesn't need teammates etc..... This we know and that is why the DCEU has become for me a horrible mess. I don't care if Supes is the most powerful of the hero's, but when they don't stand a chance against him as a team, why have a team and why have anyone but Supes star in the movies coming out?

I have no interest in seeing the Aquaman movie. The only vibe I got from him is surfer bro dude. Cyborg, if they make a solo, I will not watch because he is boring to me. Plus, his CGI looked bad, like a small version of a Transformer. And....I will take TV Flash over autistic movie Flash anyday.

And what is this about gadgets that you remarked about? I seriously hope it is not a invisible jet among other things. And I certainly hope she doesn't need some type of girdle to heighten her strength. All she should have is her lasso and bracers. I hate the sword and shield. She is strong enough to lift tanks but needs to use the sword at all times?
    Someone like Doomsday?
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Someone like Doomsday?
    You mean the same Doomsday that Wonder Woman could hold her own in a tug of war, but couldn't against Superman who only used one arm? The same Doomsday where Diana sliced off part of his arm yet couldn't do anything against a slow moving Steppenwolf? You mean the same Doomsday that Superman gave the killing blow and presumably did it all the while fighting off all the kryptonite poisoning in his system as well as the spear he had in his hand that was made of kryptonite?

Sorry, that was a far cry from the Doomsday that I have read in the comics. He looked more like the Abomination from the Edward Norton Hulk movie than the Doomsday from the comics.

Let me know when Diana uses her most skillful fighter status against an opponent of similar powers to hers, like Faora. Everything we have gotten from the powers to be at the DCEU has just been lip service.

Until then, all the good will her solo movie gave us has been completely upended in the latest movie she was in, Justice League. She was my favorite character, and that is why I pretty much exclusively post only on this board. Right now, because of the treatment she gets in that she is consistently misrepresented by the entire industry with respect to her powers, I think I just don't care much for her right now.

But hey, if you think she did an outstanding job against Superman and Steppenwolf, then we have seen two completely separate movies. I would think that Wonder Woman is probably your favorite character also, and given you have seen the movie in the theaters over 30 times as well as however many times you have seen it on blu-ray, that you would be one of the most vocal detractors about the disservice they did to Wonder Woman in the Justice League. If you don't think she and the rest of the League outright jobbed to Superman and Steppenwolf, then I honestly don't know what to say anymore to you to convince you otherwise.

Fantastic Member

Wonder Woman should also use her tiara as her boomerang weapon just like in the animated WW movie. It's not used in the comics.

Retired

I think the DC movies should stay away from big evil entities in the third act that require lots of CGI to dress up. Make the villains grounded--it should be possible for an actor to play this part on screen in the same location as the main protagonist, with just some make-up and a costume.

Things that Wonder Woman should have: a weaponized tiara, the lasso, the bracelets, the invisible jet and a mental radio.

It's the visualization of the jet that was always the problem. If it's invisible, you shouldn't see it or the person inside. A flying craft with a cloaking device is not that silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think the DC movies should stay away from big evil entities in the third act that require lots of CGI to dress up. Make the villains grounded--it should be possible for an actor to play this part on screen in the same location as the main protagonist, with just some make-up and a costume.

Things that Wonder Woman should have: a weaponized tiara, the lasso, the bracelets, the invisible jet and a mental radio.

It's the visualization of the jet that was always the problem. If it's invisible, you shouldn't see it or the person inside. A flying craft with a cloaking device is not that silly.
    I thought she was going to learn how to fly in subsequent films? Have you given up on that? I know I did. We can't have a Superman clone in the Justice League. Way too redundant.