Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Of course I am giving examples which are just that, examples. They don't have to be shot down but taken in context that she doesn't have an impressive rogue gallery. People see some massive Hulk like figure and they will know immediately that it is a threat and only someone like a Wonder Woman can take it on.

As far as the Lady Shiva remark, I was being facetious since they have depowered Wonder Woman (lack of flight) and her jobbing in the Justice League movie didn't do her any favors. They may as well depower her and fight Lady Shiva. But, substitute Lady Shiva and call the person Bruce Lee. It doesn't matter, we just need to see that it isn't actual lip service about her being the best melee fighter in the DCEU.

What are the big Mongul types that we can call Wonder Woman villains?
    If writers actually pay attention to what her top villains are capable of, they are impressive. A brilliant archaeologist cursed into being a monster (who subsequently becomes something that can stand up to her in a fight and whose knowledge of ancient artifacts becomes more dangerous when paired with her insanity), an ancient sorceress with divine blood running through her veins and an army of beasts at her disposal, a warped telepath capable of causing trouble for a GOD, a digital goddess who can screw around with any system she gets access to, etc. People see a massive Hulk level threat and will know he is powerful, but none of that means anything if he is a dud as a character. Do we need two hours of Solomon Grundy punching things and spouting nursery rhymes? I'd rather have a good character and an actual plot.

She doesn't really have too many Mongul types in her rogues gallery. The few that she has like Genocide are terrible and would be a waste of screen time. The First Born might work, but I'd rather see some women. We only just recently got one of these films with a female lead villain in Hela, and if she wasn't played by Blanchett the character would be a dud. This is an opportunity to work on that.

Personally, I think they should just disregard Justice League altogether and carry on as a direct sequel.

Meaning the solo Wonder Woman movie ended with her (seemingly) flying...so have her outright fly in the sequel even though she couldn't in Justice League.
    Set it in the past and have Diana openly saving people as Wonder Woman, even though Justice League claims she was never public about it.
    If not a villain, have Diana do some absurdly impressive feat of power that makes it even more obvious she was nerfed (or "holding back") in Justice League.

But what about continuity, some will ask. But I say why should Wonder Woman's movies be handicapped because of a poor portrayal in the crossover movie?
    Besides, look at the box office. Wonder Woman wins.

And it would be in keeping with the theme:
    diana yes.jpg

Justice League says: Diana no. Hopefully Patty Jenkins says: Diana YES!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If writers actually pay attention to what her top villains are capable of, they are impressive. A brilliant archaeologist cursed into being a monster (who subsequently becomes something that can stand up to her in a fight and whose knowledge of ancient artifacts becomes more dangerous when paired with her insanity), an ancient sorceress with divine blood running through her veins and an army of beasts at her disposal, a warped telepath capable of causing trouble for a GOD, a digital goddess who can screw around with any system she gets access to, etc. People see a massive Hulk level threat and will know he is powerful, but none of that means anything if he is a dud as a character. Do we need two hours of Solomon Grundy punching things and spouting nursery rhymes? I'd rather have a good character and an actual plot.

She doesn't really have too many Mongul types in her rogues gallery. The few that she has like Genocide are terrible and would be a waste of screen time. The First Born might work, but I'd rather see some women. We only just recently got one of these films with a female lead villain in Hela, and if she wasn't played by Blanchett the character would be a dud. This is an opportunity to work on that.
    Honestly Cheetah is more impressive than Grundy anyway. Because, when she's written well, Cheetah is not just a match for WW, but the entire JL as well. AND she's got the intelligence to be a formidable mental foe for Diana as well. And if you do something like her tragic backstory from Rebirth, or just a more general "she and Diana used to be close friends/possible girlfriends," then you have the "Diana is conflicted about her" emotional storyline as well.

Circe is potential god-tier in terms of power as well. And adding in her grudge against Hippolyta/The Amazons could add to the conflict as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Circe is potential god-tier in terms of power as well. And adding in her grudge against Hippolyta/The Amazons could add to the conflict as well.
    NO! Circe is not "potential god-tier"!!!

She is AT LEAST as powerful as Ares. Hecate's not a "lesser diety" in the Greek pantheon. Actually if you want to get technical you could say she's not even a goddess. I mean... in the myths Hecate was the child of the Titans, not the gods.

Ultimate Member

I simply meant that some writers cannot seem to decide whether she's just a powerful sorceress, or an actual god.

No offense to her as a character intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I simply meant that some writers cannot seem to decide whether she's just a powerful sorceress, or an actual god.

No offense to her as a character intended.
    I know I just felt like being dramatic

Mighty Member

What does everyone think of Alyssa Sutherland for Cheetah? or maybe Kerry Washington since Scandal ends next year.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 12-03-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Sofia Boutella for Cheetah! She'd make an amazing Cheetah!! I hope it happens
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    She'd be great too. I've only seen one movie but she does look the part and she can act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    that would be nice!

I hope they work on Gal's acting in WWII or at least the script. She was SO Naive that she came across as just completely stupid in WWI.

Ultimate Member

No not really.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    that would be nice!

I hope they work on Gal's acting in WWII or at least the script. She was SO Naive that she came across as just completely stupid in WWI.
    I never got the impression that she was dumb. She seemed really smart the entire movie

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I never got the impression that she was dumb. She seemed really smart the entire movie
    I agree. Sure, she was naïve. But, I wouldn't say she was dumb. The fact that she's never heard of marriage was really odd though. Especially since she seemed to be so familiar with many other far more complicated concepts, including advanced chemistry (when she was translating Dr Poison's notebook). Maybe it was just a translation issue? Perhaps on Themyscira it was called "bonding" or something similar?

If Diana knew all about the Greek gods, then she presumably knew about their various relationships (e.g. Aphrodite married to Hephaistos, Zeus (formerly?) married to Hera, etc).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I agree. Sure, she was naïve. But, I wouldn't say she was dumb. The fact that she's never heard of marriage was really odd though. Especially since she seemed to be so familiar with many other far more complicated concepts, including advanced chemistry (when she was translating Dr Poison's notebook). Maybe it was just a translation issue? Perhaps on Themyscira it was called "bonding" or something similar?

If Diana knew all about the Greek gods, then she presumably knew about their various relationships (e.g. Aphrodite married to Hephaistos, Zeus (formerly?) married to Hera, etc).
    I think that was more a fish out of water thing. Im guessing marriage being more of an economic institution sometimes similar to slavery esp during ancient greek times would mean that an island of women would not have any reason for it even if they did fall in love with each other and lived together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post

I think that was more a fish out of water thing. Im guessing marriage being more of an economic institution sometimes similar to slavery esp during ancient greek times would mean that an island of women would not have any reason for it even if they did fall in love with each other and lived together.
    They played the whole "Ariel on land" thing too much and she kept pushing that Aries needed to be stopped and then got it wrong who he was pretending to be. Even compared to the other Amazons she didn't seem the brightest bulb in the box.

For someone who is supposed to be centuries old she played it really young. Lynda Carter had a better grasp of WW.

There's "fish out of water" and then there's straight up childlike innocence.