Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Since people seem to accuse others of making up facts, here is a link to an article about Gal Gadot and her preparing for the role of Wonder Woman: https://leanqueen.co.uk/how-did-gal-...ot-her-muscle/

In the article it states: Gadot, 30, was equally anxious, telling Twight:

I don’t want to be big and bulky… I don’t want to look like a bodybuilder.

I took that to mean she wanted to be toned, but not show actual muscle. We were never going to get a 'beast' or ripped version of Wonder Woman. But...she does look a hell of a lot better than her 'before' pictures, so gaining the muscle mass was an improvement over what she looked like when initially cast.

Ok, so Sarah Paulson wants to play Cheetah...I'm pretty sure that would be AMAZING. She's SO sympathetic!!! Terrific actress...but sin't it kinda "Sarah Paulson and every other actress...?"

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-2-s...ulson-cheetah/
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Ok, so Sarah Paulson wants to play Cheetah...I'm pretty sure that would be AMAZING.
    I'm all in on this fancasting. Paulson can do intelligent and educated Barbara Minerva, she can do weak, strong, insane, masochistic, violent, emotional, repressed, ecstatic. She can believably fall in love with Gal's Diana, and just as believably convey rage at the rejection.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Ok, so Sarah Paulson wants to play Cheetah...I'm pretty sure that would be AMAZING. She's SO sympathetic!!! Terrific actress...but sin't it kinda "Sarah Paulson and every other actress...?"

She would definitely not be a bad choice, by any means. That tweet doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen, though. That's just Paulson saying she's interested.

It also should be noted that right about now, just about EVERY actress of ANY significance in Hollywood is trying very hard to get into WW 2. The first movie was a bit of a gamble, but now that it's such a huge hit and it's being hailed as such a great victory for women? (And it IS a victory, just so we're clear.) Yeah, now just about every woman in Hollywood is going to want to get a piece of this action.

Still? Wouldn't hate this choice at all if it happens.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I would be all for this. She's one of the consistent highlights of American Horror Story.

And even if this specific example is unlikely to happen, I'm glad the movie sequel and this villain in particular are getting attention.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I like Paulson, I've never seen American Horror Story but I remember her in Studio 60, she was one of the few things I liked about the series personally so I wouldn't complain about her being in it.

As for Wonder Woman getting a sequel that's great news IMO, can't wait to see it as I enjoyed the first one.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Star Gal Gadot and director Patty Jenkins dished about the sequel, which is set to be released in November 2019, to ET’s Mary Hart at the Palm Springs Film Festival on Tuesday.

“We’re actually making a totally different film with a lot of the same, similar like things that we love, but it’s its own movie completely, so it’s not ‘two’ to us,” the director told ET. “It’s an entirely new adventure together that we couldn’t be luckier [to do].”

http://www.etonline.com/gal-gadot-an...xclusive-93437

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Star Gal Gadot and director Patty Jenkins dished about the sequel, which is set to be released in November 2019, to ET’s Mary Hart at the Palm Springs Film Festival on Tuesday.

“We’re actually making a totally different film with a lot of the same, similar like things that we love, but it’s its own movie completely, so it’s not ‘two’ to us,” the director told ET. “It’s an entirely new adventure together that we couldn’t be luckier [to do].”

http://www.etonline.com/gal-gadot-an...xclusive-93437
    Can't wait for more details about how the movie will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    I just love how humble she is about everything. She's not putting on airs and trying to be some kind of artificial icon. She just IS Wonder Woman, pretty much.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Can't wait for more details about how the movie will be different.
    My guess is that it's not another period piece... that makes it different enough from the 1st one.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    My guess is that it's not another period piece... that makes it different enough from the 1st one.
    That's my thinking too. At this early stage, they can't possibly know much more than "It'll be set in modern day."

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I hope this time we can get Lynda Carter

Amazing Member

I hope the battle with the villain in the sequel is less cgi and more hand to hand action.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    At this early stage, they can't possibly know much more than "It'll be set in modern day."
    I think they're already writing the script, the movie has to be shot this year.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudasFanny616 View Post
    I hope the battle with the villain in the sequel is less cgi and more hand to hand action.
    Yes please! Stunt doubles are capable of amazing things. Filming with stunt doubles might be more expensive, but it is much more compelling than watching a video game on the big screen.

A villain who has a deeply personal connection to Diana (e.g. Barbara Ann Minerva aka Cheetah) would also help matters.