Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Gal Gadot to Work With Tomb Raider Trainer for 'Wonder Woman 2'

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/02/07/w...aider-trainer/
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Sources claim Cheetah is the villain for Wonder Woman 2.

It claims they offered the role to Emma Stone... bleh.

And continues the claim that it's set during the Cold War... double bleh.

Incredible Member

This sounds like the same recycled "rumours" from before, with the addition of Cheetah as a villain. And Emma Stone as the Cheetah? Surely that's completely implausible when Patty Jenkins would presumably be able to work with actors of the calibre of Charlize Theron (due to their past, positive work together).

But, I'll bite for now. I do trust Patty Jenkins to deliver a great sequel.

However, there is a lot I don't like about this "rumour". First, the 1980s setting - why? Diana apparently operated in secret for 100 years, so if it's set in the 1980s they can't have her involved in anything too major or public. Sure, I guess she could battle armies of baddies and save the world without any public attention, but why complicate matters? Just set it in the present day and showcase how Diana has embraced her public role as a hero following the events of Justice League.

Secondly, the return of Steve Trevor - why? That story has been told. I don't see why Diana needs to have a love interest and IF it's mandatory for Diana to have romance, then how about Tom Tresser, Trevor Barnes or even a female love interest (e.g. Barbara Ann Minerva).

Thirdly, IF it is set in the 1980s, then the Soviet Union as a "Cold War" enemy isn't terrible. But, given the soviets experimented with psychic powers / weaponry, a villain like Dr Psycho seems like a much more natural fit. His powers would also allow "Steve Trevor" to return as part of his emotional and mental manipulation of Diana. Or he could be a real bastard and assume the form / guise of Steve.

Finally, I very much want to see Cheetah as a villain for Diana in the DCEU. But, with Justice League hinting at the formation of the Legion of Doom, why wouldn't the film be set in present day so that Cheetah can eventually join the Legion? It seems foolish to take Diana's most iconic villain and establish her in the 1980s. To be fair, the "Cheetah" title could be passed down from Barbara to another (e.g. Priscilla in a role reversal). Or Cheetah's abilities could include non-aging / immortality thanks to her godly origins. Still, it seems like a waste to "time lock" Cheetah to existing at a certain period of time which possibly prevents her from joining the Legion of Doom.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm getting worked up over nothing as the "rumour" is probably just that. And, as noted, even if I don't like the sound of whatever the storyline, setting and villain ends up being, I do trust that Patty Jenkins will deliver an enjoyable movie that is faithful to Diana's character as established in "Wonder Woman".

I trust Patty, too.

Emma Stone is a pretty high-caliber actress, though, since she's an Oscar winner.

And I agree completely about Cheetah. I wouldn't want to see a Cold War film starring Cheetah unless she gains immortality (which would, to be fair, make her quite formidable), since that's the only way she'd make it onto the Legion of Doom. Maybe they're going for Giganta instead... who knows. My brain hurts.

:: prays to Gaea, lights candles to Urzkartaga, and casts spells like Circe in the hopes Emily Blunt is cast as Ms. Barbara Minerva ::
    Last edited by WonderScott; 02-27-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

If Patty wants to continue Snyder's vision then that's a downer. I abhor his take on Wonder Woman and I have from the outset, Justice League was the last straw. I want a Wonder Woman that flies and fights bad guys in broad daylight, someone whom people look up to, not a Wonder Woman who's consigned to history, that lurks in the shadows and can't hold a candle to Superman. It's as if Wonder Woman is only relevant in a world without him in it

I've nothing against Cheetah, but I hope she's not the primary villain. I'm hoping for Circe or someone akin to her.

And I'm not counting on it, but I hope Wonder Woman 2 completely ignores Justice League (and the rest of the DCEU for that matter) and operates as a direct sequel to the first one.

Like Justice League says Diana was never public about being hero...so I want WW2 to feature a scene set in the past where she openly saves people in full costume in broad daylight. She doesn't fly in JL...screw that, her movie ended with her flying into the sunset, so I want her to fly in her sequel.
    I could go on, but to sum up: to hell with continuity. Just make a direct sequel and p**s on the other movies.

I doubt it'll happen, but it's lame Diana's movies have to be knee-capped to maintain continuity with crappy tangential movies that weren't even successful.

Christ, I hate Justice League.

All-New Member

Looks like the villain is going to be Cheetah

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/w...urs-of-villain

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hippolytus View Post
    Looks like the villain is going to be Cheetah

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/w...urs-of-villain
    Well....at least it isn't a Steppenwolf type of threat, because in that case she would be screwed since Superman wouldn't be around to save her!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Well....at least it isn't a Steppenwolf type of threat, because in that case she would be screwed since Superman wouldn't be around to save her!
    When written by people who know what they are doing, Cheetah is more than capable enough of challenging Diana.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    When written by people who know what they are doing, Cheetah is more than capable enough of challenging Diana.
    Sure, she can challenge Diana, but then again Catwoman has beat her and so has Batman, with just a punch.

Unless they somehow show Superman jobbing to her in the movie (will never happen) to make Cheetah look badass, the Cheetah just doesn't come across as a world ending threat. I guess we won't have to see Diana flying since the Cheetah is a 'grounded' character.

Let me know when Diana is in her own self contained universe where the events of the Justice League is just a Supermans fanboy memory, and then I can get excited about her again.

Sure, she can challenge Diana, but then again Catwoman has beat her and so has Batman, with just a punch..
    Batman's also defeated Diana and Superman, so I guess they both suck too. On the other hand, Cheetah's defeated Superman in the Brave and the Bold cartoon and in Geoff Johns's arc, where she also swatted Batman aside rather easily.

Unless they somehow show Superman jobbing to her in the movie (will never happen) to make Cheetah look badass, the Cheetah just doesn't come across as a world ending threat. I guess we won't have to see Diana flying since the Cheetah is a 'grounded' character..
    World ending threats don't automatically lead to a better movie, and Cheetah is a personal one, which frequently does. Having Superman job to her is unnecessary. He's stronger than Wonder Woman...so what? He's not in the movie. She hopefully will not be appearing in his if it ever happens.

Cheetah has had little trouble fighting a Wonder Woman who flies. I wouldn't rule it out. And even if her flight doesn't happen, there are more important criteria to judge a film.

Wonder Woman being challenged by Cheetah isn't jobbing for her either. It's been established that it can happen in Wonder Woman's own book by her own authors, not by authors of other properties. WW's very creator invented the Cheetah as a nemesis for her, and that version didn't have the powers later ones had.

Let me know when Diana is in her own self contained universe where the events of the Justice League is just a Supermans fanboy memory, and then I can get excited about her again.
    She already has a self contained movie that's all about her, and this one likely will as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Batman's also defeated Diana and Superman, so I guess they both suck too.
    Defeating Cheetah wasn't the issue.

Defeating Cheetah by punching her in the face was.

Same thing with Catwoman landing punches.

This is a villain with massive superspeed, durable enough to take Wonder Woman punches, and with claws that can cut Superman's skin.

If there had been planning or a trap or some hidden weakness that Batman had taken advantage of (that made sense), it might have been acceptable.

But in a fist fight, both Batman and Catwoman would be literally gutted and shredded before they could blink as both of them are only human-level fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Defeating Cheetah wasn't the issue.

Defeating Cheetah by punching her in the face was.

Same thing with Catwoman landing punches.

This is a villain with massive superspeed, durable enough to take Wonder Woman punches, and with claws that can cut Superman's skin.

If there had been planning or a trap or some hidden weakness that Batman had taken advantage of (that made sense), it might have been acceptable.

But in a fist fight, both Batman and Catwoman would be literally gutted and shredded before they could blink as both of them are only human-level fast.
    You are preaching to the choir here. I LOATHED that stuff.

Thankfully the mainstream doesn't read comics, certainly not that one. This will be their first exposure to Cheetah and it will inform them what she is capable of.

Ultimate Member

They also had Batman beat Circe in a MAGIC FIGHT as well, don't forget about that.