Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Whoo-hoo!!!

It seems like such a long wait, but seriously? What's a couple years to a fanbase like ours? We've been waiting for ONE Wonder Woman movie for well over a decade!

And yeah, this is a real sign of confidence in Diana! December is a primo month. You don't put a movie in December if you think it's going to be a dud. Bring it on, other competitors! Diana's a powerhouse and she's ready to claim her spot!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I cant wait!! Pretty awesome that we are getting both Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman in the same year!!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

2 and a half years is plenty of time!! I can't wait!! I'm hoping for Cheetah or Circe!!

Also we're getting both Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel in the same year!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    December release! That's the big time!

Diana's a player now!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member

Wow. Even better than one of the rumoured 2020 dates. And what a great holiday gift for Wonder Woman fans.

That's some seriously stiff competition though - He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Wicked and a Disney film. I don't think WWII will hold as well as the first film did.

But, MOTU and Wicked have been in development for ages, so they could end up moving dates.

I wonder if this means that Patty Jenkins is close to being locked in? I presume that Gal Gadot already signed her contract extension / new contract when they announced Wonder Woman II. I hope that her agent got her a good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I cant wait!! Pretty awesome that we are getting both Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman in the same year!!!
    > Marvel kept delaying Captain Marvel so long that there will be a second Wonder Woman film, a second Suicide Squad film and a Batgirl film

Hope it was worthwhile to produce a film that they barely made any money off of.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member

The last two Star Wars films have taken advantage of a dearth of competition in December, to great success.

Hopefully WW 2 can do the same.

I just hope Patty doesn't do another crappy cgi slugfest at the end this time around.

Ultimate Member

Charlize Theron as Cheetah, or maybe Sofia Boutella.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I just hope Patty doesn't do another crappy cgi slugfest at the end this time around.
    I agree. Especially as we're probably about to see the same thing in Justice League - a final battle, at night (or otherwise in the dark), in some kind of rubble-strewn wasteland or oddly empty city scape, surrounded by fire featuring animated characters representing actors who have never even met face to face during filming battling one another.

I would hope and expect WB to give Patty Jenkins more creative freedom given the success of Wonder Woman.

I'm also hopeful that we'll see a villain who has a close, personal connection to Diana (i.e. former friend / partner, turned foe, Cheetah) which should add emotional weight to the conflict.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I agree. Especially as we're probably about to see the same thing in Justice League - a final battle, at night (or otherwise in the dark), in some kind of rubble-strewn wasteland or oddly empty city scape, surrounded by fire featuring animated characters representing actors who have never even met face to face during filming battling one another.

I would hope and expect WB to give Patty Jenkins more creative freedom given the success of Wonder Woman.

I'm also hopeful that we'll see a villain who has a close, personal connection to Diana (i.e. former friend / partner/ lover, turned foe, Cheetah) which should add emotional weight to the conflict.
    Fixed that for you.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Thank you. I thought it was implicit in "partner", but greater clarity benefits everyone!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Thank you. I thought it was implicit in "partner", but greater clarity benefits everyone!
    Oh ok, that's cool then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Merry Christmas to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Charlize Theron as Cheetah, ...
    Yes!

"Lover"? No. I'm trying really hard to think of any movie sequel that replaced a beloved love interest and was successful. Someone help me out here?

Cherlize said she was offered a role but turned it down. Likely it was gonna be Hippolyta. I wonder if Patty will ask again.