Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I think we're forgetting the Soviet Union, if the film is set during the Cold War the odds are the Russians are the bad guys, perhaps they caught wind of Wonder Woman and have their own wicked metahuman program, maybe Barbara's real name is Barbara Mirnova and she's a KGB spy lol I'm not expecting them to stick close to the source material, likely they'll just dumb it down

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I personally think it could work. Barbara wants the powers of a god. Barbara learns about the goddess / witch / sorceress who can apparently grant mortals the powers of a god. Barbara frees Circe from imprisonment and Circe "rewards" Barbara by turning her into the Cheetah. But, Circe's gifts come with a catch and that includes Cheetah's feral / wild nature. Diana and Cheetah eventually team up to defeat Circe. Something along those lines would work for me. The most important thing is that Barbara is proactive in becoming Cheetah - it shouldn't be a curse inflicted upon Barbara. It should be something she seeks out and obtains, even if it does have a substantial downside.

Also, for me, I'd prefer it if Cheetah wasn't the "main" villain in that she's somewhat redeemable. I want to see Diana reach out to Barbara and to help her to gain control over the Cheetah's wilder instincts. That redemption doesn't need to be complete or permanent, but I'd like to see them working together against a villain rather than Cheetah being the "big bad" who is defeated at the end of the movie. I think there is a great capacity for shades of grey in the dynamic between Diana and Barbara and it would make for a much more compelling storyline if they had a personal, conflicted relationship (i.e. if Diana was devastated that she lost her friend / partner to the "Cheetah").

That typed, obviously that could happen through others means, whether due to Urzkartaga or my personal preference Mafdet since we've already met the Greek gods.
    I really like the sound of this. I hope the actual plot is similar.

If Diana and Cheetah do team up to stop Circe, I don’t want to see Cheetah get fully redeemed. Diana tries to save her but it’s too late. She’s too far gone. Cheetah remains a troubled villain at the end.

I personally like it when Cheetah is portrayed more feral, like the Rebirth version. I think that version of the character would work better in this type of story more than the pre-Flashpoint Cheetah.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-07-2018 at 04:06 AM.

for an extra grim twist... Cheetah loses control and goes all bloodlusty BECAUSE she helped WW defeat Circe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    for an extra grim twist... Cheetah loses control and goes all bloodlusty BECAUSE she helped WW defeat Circe.
    Possibly. It could be explained that, with Circe around, the powers of the Cheetah were kept under control. But, Circe's defeat unleashes the full ferocity of the Cheetah and Diana, although she's saved the day, forever loses her friend. Although hopefully Cheetah would turn up in Justice League 2 as a member of the Legion of Doom being assembled by Lex Luthor.

Looks like Kristen Wiig is now confirmed for the sequel.

IMG_0330.JPG

Is she good?

I was against it at the beginning. Looking at the photo of her with full length hair has changed my opinion

Well now that its confirmed I hope it proves a wise move.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I hope that WB won't be clingy with their money... If they want Cheetah to work, they better give Patty some real funds to make sure that the SFX are great (and when I mean great, I mean Planet of the Apes great).

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I’m getting a Priscilla rich vibe from her.

photo looks heavily touched up

Retired

I had all kinds of doubts and worries before WONDER WOMAN came out. And it turned out to be one of my favourite super-hero movies of all time. Maybe it will be the same with WONDER WOMAN 2.

Is the actress who is now playing cheetah a good actor ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Is the actress who is now playing cheetah a good actor ?
    She's mostly known for comedy, which is why people are hesitant.

Incredible Member

Interesting. I just hope this casting is a matter of Jenkins truly believing that she found the best actor for the role of Cheetah and not due to studio interference of any kind. I also hope that everyone keeps an open mind, especially following the uproar when Wiig was cast as a Ghostbuster and all the ensuing drama.

I am excited to see Diana battle Cheetah on the big screen, but I really hope that they do right by Cheetah and make sure she’s portrayed as an avatar for a god, with speed to rival The Flash and with really savagery and ferocity to diametrically oppose Diana’s compassion and restraint.