Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Considering how she apparently turned it down due to scheduling conflicts (or at least that's what I've heard), and that the last time that she and Patty worked together on a film, the former won an Oscar for it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Patty asked her again.

BANNED

I am one of the few people who didn't mind the CGI slugfest in the first film and think they ought to use it again (and every time they make a WW movie).

If they make one with Circe as the villain, and she conjures up a powerful demonic monster, guess what they will use to execute the battle between Diana and this fiend?
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 07-26-2017 at 01:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

I didn't bother me either. But perhaps something a bit different in the sequel would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I just hope Patty doesn't do another crappy cgi slugfest at the end this time around.
    I thought it was great...gets better each time,m since I kinds know what and where to watch!

But a knock down drag out with Cheetah (Charlize Theron) and Circe-beasts would be awesome...in daylight...
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-26-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I know it's early, and we're JUST slowing down on Wonder Woman, looking forward to JL, but I WANT SEQUEL INFO!!

I SWEAR, I NEVER THOUGHT WE'D BE HERE.

Still no news re: Patty. Hm.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Still no news re: Patty. Hm.
    According to Grace Randolph, she and Chris Pine are working on some kind of TV Special together and she may be too wrapped up in that to commit. That's potentially bad news because 1) the idea for the special doesn't sound that great, and 2) it could jeopardize her chance with WW II. Grace theorizes that WB may have announced the date for WW II as a way to try to force her to commit to it. With a date set, the clock is ticking, and all that.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    According to Grace Randolph, she and Chris Pine are working on some kind of TV Special together and she may be too wrapped up in that to commit. That's potentially bad news because 1) the idea for the special doesn't sound that great, and 2) it could jeopardize her chance with WW II. Grace theorizes that WB may have announced the date for WW II as a way to try to force her to commit to it. With a date set, the clock is ticking, and all that.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that is not the case. I also doubt that it would be, but GRRR. I would like some closure on this subject! haha

Astonishing Member

I'm all for more Patty and Chris, but I haven't liked the sound of this project since I first heard about it. I don't know the timeline as to when she committed to doing it, but I really hope it doesn't get in the way of WW2. Me playing armchair exec: WB should have waited to announce the release date for the sequel until they made sure they had Patty signed. I understand the importance of a good release date, but Patty is a BIG part of WW's success. A good movie > good release date.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I'm all for more Patty and Chris, but I haven't liked the sound of this project since I first heard about it. I don't know the timeline as to when she committed to doing it, but I really hope it doesn't get in the way of WW2. Me playing armchair exec: WB should have waited to announce the release date for the sequel until they made sure they had Patty signed. I understand the importance of a good release date, but Patty is a BIG part of WW's success. A good movie > good release date.
    Given the success of the movie, I can see it 'tanking' so to speak if anyone other than Patty Jenkins is involved. She has produced a great track record of 'Monster' and this movie, despite the fact that Wonder Woman can't fly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Given the success of the movie, I can see it 'tanking' so to speak if anyone other than Patty Jenkins is involved. She has produced a great track record of 'Monster' and this movie, despite the fact that Wonder Woman can't fly
    Yeah, the WW movie is a big success, exceeding everyone expectations. But, I still don't think WW is a character that can easily succeed with just anyone directing. That's not to say that there aren't any other directors that could do well, just saying that Patty nailed the formula. She knows the character and the cast and has generated a ton of positive good will. Not signing her, even if they have to wait for scheduling, would be a big missed opportunity. Not to mention the bad press: "Most successful female director ever doesn't get resigned after huge success!" Don't blow this, WB.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Yeah, the WW movie is a big success, exceeding everyone expectations. But, I still don't think WW is a character that can easily succeed with just anyone directing. That's not to say that there aren't any other directors that could do well, just saying that Patty nailed the formula. She knows the character and the cast and has generated a ton of positive good will. Not signing her, even if they have to wait for scheduling, would be a big missed opportunity. Not to mention the bad press: "Most successful female director ever doesn't get resigned after huge success!" Don't blow this, WB.
    I definitely want Patty to come back for the sequel, but I don't think her refusing to do so would hurt WB nearly as much as you might think. WB can easily spin any negative response for not signing Patty back on Patty herself. "The job was hers for the taking! She decided she wanted to make this TV special instead! The show must go on, right?" This will be an especially effective response if this TV project ends up being unsuccessful. Suddenly Patty looks like someone who made a VERY poor decision when the entire world was urging her to just do the thing they already loved.

I also don't think WB would go with "just anyone" to replace Patty. They would definitely work hard to make sure the next movie got a quality director as well. Maybe they'd give Michelle MacLaren a chance to come back. With the origin story out of the way, they could easily let her do the "action-driven movie" she reportedly wanted to do when she was the director for WW. They'd definitely try to get another female director, that's for certain. And they'd probably have no shortage of applicants, since, as Grace pointed out in another trailer: every woman in the film industry is going to be campaigning HARD to have anything at all to do with WW II. If the female directors in Hollywood here that Patty isn't going to direct, they'll be beating down WB's door for their chance to take over.

Again, let's hope that this is all a bunch of worrying about nothing, but I wouldn't say it's completely impossible for WW II to be made (and potentially made very well) without Patty. Success will be much more certain with her onboard, but that's it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

I definitely want Patty to come back for the sequel, but I don't think her refusing to do so would hurt WB nearly as much as you might think. WB can easily spin any negative response for not signing Patty back on Patty herself. "The job was hers for the taking! She decided she wanted to make this TV special instead! The show must go on, right?" This will be an especially effective response if this TV project ends up being unsuccessful. Suddenly Patty looks like someone who made a VERY poor decision when the entire world was urging her to just do the thing they already loved.

I also don't think WB would go with "just anyone" to replace Patty. They would definitely work hard to make sure the next movie got a quality director as well. Maybe they'd give Michelle MacLaren a chance to come back. With the origin story out of the way, they could easily let her do the "action-driven movie" she reportedly wanted to do when she was the director for WW. They'd definitely try to get another female director, that's for certain. And they'd probably have no shortage of applicants, since, as Grace pointed out in another trailer: every woman in the film industry is going to be campaigning HARD to have anything at all to do with WW II. If the female directors in Hollywood here that Patty isn't going to direct, they'll be beating down WB's door for their chance to take over.

Again, let's hope that this is all a bunch of worrying about nothing, but I wouldn't say it's completely impossible for WW II to be made (and potentially made very well) without Patty. Success will be much more certain with her onboard, but that's it.
    The end result of a new director may be the same, but I think there's a BIG difference between Patty turning down the job and Patty being turned down. Moreover, WB doesn't want to get in a "spin" fight over this - they'd lose. Badly. Patty is already on record has having said she'd love to do the sequel. WB doesn't get to come out after that and say "well, she didn't want the job." It would look like a lie, or as you say, spin. But, it wouldn't be believable unless she said she turned the job down. It would be a different story if the WW sequel, like Star Wars, already had a release date. But, that didn't come until after the success of the first and Patty saying she'd love to come back for more.

Yes, there are other directors, including female directors that could do a good job as well. Maybe a big action movie is what the sequel needs. It may even be a good idea for Patty to go out on top. One success does not guarantee another, after all. But, right now, Patty is the single most qualified person on the planet. So, imo, if WB has to choose, the director is more important than the release date. They should have locked her up over a month ago, then announced the release date.

I still have hope. A movie like WW isn't a success without lots of people doing good work.
    Last edited by Awonder; 08-01-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Possible good news:

"TNT has given a green light for a straight-to-series order with Jenkins attached to direct the pilot and potentially additional episodes. Pine is attached to star in all six episodes." http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/chri...en-1202507134/

It's only six episodes, and Patty may only be doing the pilot. Plenty of time to get back to WW.