Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

It’s not a deal breaker, but then again, you have flying WW in the current comic, and most modern animated portrayals of her have her flying. I understand that those are different mediums. If DC doesn’t want her to have that power at all, then for the sake of consistency, it needs to be removed across all media. WW being Zeus’ biological child isn’t an iconic aspect of her character, it serves no grand purpose, and hasn’t been around as long as she’s flown, but that’s what we got in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    I also hope it's not like Winter Soldier. The Wonder Woman movie was badly criticized for copying Captain America: The first avenger because it was set in the World War era.
    Yeah, I don't want a Winter Soldier exactly either, but I'm not worried. I'm guessing it'll be Circe and maybe Dr psycho along with Cheetah, so I don't think we have to worry about the Winter Soldier. (I don't recall Wonder Woman being badly criticized for anything. I did see a few comparisons, with minor criticism, but these were trampled under the massive praise and positivity.)
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

I don't understand why Wonder Woman not able to fly is such a big deal.
    Imagine the only movie version of Superman being a golden age throwback that doesn't have flight or heath vision.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I really hope they don’t stick with this 80s/Cold War setting. It limits WW imo if they intend to make all of her solo movies period pieces. It sets up a bad precedent that the best Wonder Woman had to offer the world was during a pre-Superman era. It was fine for the first movie, but I don’t want all of them to be this way. Man of Steel and BvS happened and changed that. Now the world is fully aware of aliens and meta humans. Diana started her heroic career long before either of them, but the world at large didn’t know because she chose to operate with extreme discretion.

Batman had a disdain for meta humans for their power, unknown potential, and inability to be controlled because of Superman. But when he pulls up Diana’s info with the others, he asks her where she’d been, almost as if there was an underlying obligation that she should’ve been active and could’ve helped many more people. Maybe those questions were so he could keep tabs on her, but it seems unwarranted.

Her solo movie solidified her as a warrior with great strength, speed, and endurance. But JL usurped a lot of that. “Only a god can kill another god”. I think Superman has more than enough strength to take on any Olympian given this universe. It would be a bit better if all of these were just separate movies as opposed to how they’re connected.

I just want her to be treated with the same respect they give BATMAN and SUPERMAN.if they did a SUPERMAN movie and didn't have the power of flight or BATMAN didn't know how to fight or be a great detective people would be up in arms.so give WONDER WOMAN all her powers like she has in her comic and stop watering her down to be less than her team mates in the TRINITY of DC.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I just want her to be treated with the same respect they give BATMAN and SUPERMAN.if they did a SUPERMAN movie and didn't have the power of flight or BATMAN didn't know how to fight or be a great detective people would be up in arms.so give WONDER WOMAN all her powers like she has in her comic and stop watering her down to be less than her team mates in the TRINITY of DC.
    Hear Hear. Spot on.

But many people on this board want to point out that not flying makes her different from Superman, even though she is superstrong and superfast, but obviously not as superstrong or superfast as Superman, not by a longshot. The argument should be, if they didn't want to make her a female Superman, she should lose all her powers and become a street level fighter like Batman, but then that would make her out to be too much like Batman. That being said, it is a bulls**t argument about her flying makes her a female Superman. Does Cyborg, who has never flown before that I know of, represent a robotic Superman because he can fly? Why can Cyborg gain the power of flight and Wonder Woman lose hers?

Stop accepting what DCEU throws out at us and be vocal about wanting her to be the Wonder Woman we have seen in the comics and animated series for the past 30 years.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/w...us-government/

Diana Prince of Themysicra is headed to the United States.

Omega Underground has the scoop, confirming that production on Wonder Woman 2 is expected to commence on May 28th in the UK – four weeks earlier than initially expected – ahead of its planned release in 2019. Following that, June will see the film move across the pond to Washington, D.C.

Why’s that important? Well, given that the city is home to both the White House and the CIA, it’s looking increasingly likely that Diana could end up working alongside the US government in the movie. It’d certainly make sense, given that we know Wonder Woman 2 will take place in the 1980s, with the Cold War and Soviet Union both said to be playing an important part.

Furthermore, OU speculates that having the CIA involved could be how the studio gives us the film’s male lead, or even re-introduces Chris Pine, as has been rumored. That’s just a guess, but it’s interesting to ponder and should provide fans with some food for thought as they wait for more to emerge.

Agent Diana Prince? Also, the Wondermen actors are back, so I wonder if Steve will just be a Flashback?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63380362.cms

Plot details of 'Wonder Woman 2' are still unknown, but it is said to be set in the 1980s during the waning days of the Cold War. Actress Gal Gadot will reprise her role as Wonder Woman, with Chris Pine, Said Taghmaoui and Ewen Bremner. Kristen Wiig has been roped in to play Cheetah, who will antagonise Gadot's Diana Prince in the upcoming movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    with Chris Pine, Said Taghmaoui and Ewen Bremner.
    That's ... odd. I'm well and truly over Steve Trevor being Diana's motivation / infatuation / whatever in DoJ, WW and Justice League. No more Steve Trevor!

And I'm not sure how the others would fit in. Out of the entire gang, I'd only really like to see more of Etta Candy (Lucy Davis).

It will be interesting to see how all of these early rumours pan out when the film is actually released.

I also hope it's not like Winter Soldier. The Wonder Woman movie was badly criticized for copying Captain America: The first avenger because it was set in the World War era.
    My understanding is that they changed it from WWII to WWI because they knew people who have no knowledge of the comics would not know she originated in WWII in her original incarnation. And the WWI presented in the movie was, I thought, much more believable than the WWII presented in the Cap movie though I still loved both movies. I'm surprised there aren't more people who followed the Lynda Carter WW though and know even without reading the comics that she starts in WWII.

I wasn't aware there was that much criticism of her starting in WWI and that criticism only comes from the ignorant anyway. It certainly didn't stop the success of the movie including selling more tickets than the first Cap movie. I think the only Cap movie that has outsold WW is the unofficial Avengers movie known as "Civil War".
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    My understanding is that they changed it from WWII to WWI because they knew people who have no knowledge of the comics would not know she originated in WWII in her original incarnation. And the WWI presented in the movie was, I thought, much more believable than the WWII presented in the Cap movie though I still loved both movies. I'm surprised there aren't more people who followed the Lynda Carter WW though and know even without reading the comics that she starts in WWII.

I wasn't aware there was that much criticism of her starting in WWI and that criticism only comes from the ignorant anyway. It certainly didn't stop the success of the movie including selling more tickets than the first Cap movie. I think the only Cap movie that has outsold WW is the unofficial Avengers movie known as "Civil War".
    Also, from most people's point of view, WWII had a "good side" and "bad side" even a "bad guy." WWI was more ambiguous.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Narcos’ Star Pedro Pascal Lands Key Role in ‘Wonder Woman’ Sequel (EXCLUSIVE): http://variety.com/2018/film/news/pe...os-1202738657/

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

He's playing Colonel Cadulo, I'm calling it now

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Yeah, I don't want a Winter Soldier exactly either, but I'm not worried. I'm guessing it'll be Circe and maybe Dr psycho along with Cheetah, so I don't think we have to worry about the Winter Soldier. (I don't recall Wonder Woman being badly criticized for anything. I did see a few comparisons, with minor criticism, but these were trampled under the massive praise and positivity.)
    Yeah, the only people who "badly criticized" WW for its alleged Cap America similarities were the usual MCU trolls online.

So weird. Pascal already played Ed Indelicato in that awful WOnder WOman TV pilot with Adrienne Palicki. I actually hoped for him to play Indelicato in WW2, but I guess that won't be what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    So weird. Pascal already played Ed Indelicato in that awful WOnder WOman TV pilot with Adrienne Palicki. I actually hoped for him to play Indelicato in WW2, but I guess that won't be what happens...
    I was actually thinking of characters he could be playing and Ed was first on the list. I completely forgot he was in the pilot (maybe my subconscious remembered) so that's pretty funny.