Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yes it would be like the Green Goblin followed by his son as the Hobgoblin for Spider-Man. Wonder Woman II definitely needs a new villain and a new situation.
    I admit, though, I would love to see a new ally pop up in the second movie - the son or daughter of Dr. Poison. It would be great to see that Diana sparing her life had a positive impact on her.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ‘Narcos’ Star Pedro Pascal Lands Key Role in ‘Wonder Woman’ Sequel (EXCLUSIVE): http://variety.com/2018/film/news/pe...os-1202738657/
    Given he’s Latin American, I guess he will take on the Ricardo Montalban role of Abner Smith.

The big question is will Cathy Lee Crosby have a cameo?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Version of Cheetah That Kristen Wiig Is Playing In ‘Wonder Woman 2’: https://omegaunderground.com/2018/03...onder-woman-2/

Incredible Member

I think Wiig is a great choice and I hope they go full Perez with the Cheetah, from her personality to her overall design.

I'm a little confused about Diana's day job though....does everyone just know WW works at a museum? She doesn't seem very incognito.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I'm a little confused about Diana's day job though....does everyone just know WW works at a museum? She doesn't seem very incognito.
    Wait and see I guess. It's not clear how much, if any, of Wonder Woman's super heroics have been photographed or filmed and thereafter published. In the opening scene in JL, she enters the building through the roof from memory. And the final battle took place in a desolate wasteland.

Even if there are clear photos of Wonder Woman publicly available, Diana could easily laugh off any comparisons between herself and the "Wonder Woman" by her co-workers. Plenty of people look similar to celebrities, but they go on with their lives (or become celebrity impersonators if they're good enough).

Also, rumours (of questionable strength) still suggest that this movie will take place in the 1980s (i.e. before the events of DoJ and Justice League), so we don't know what career / occupation Diana had at that time, if any. As Cheetah is the villain, I presume that Diana still has a role in finding and studying ancient artefacts, which is how she may first come into contact with Barbara as co-workers. But, who knows what the storyline will be - only Patty Jenkins does!

EDITED to add: The very end of Justice League does see Wonder Woman performing heroics at a museum in daylight and in full view of the public and press. So, it's safe to say that clear images of Wonder Woman are now available. I think Diana could still choose to pass off any resemblance to "Wonder Woman" as being flattering. I don't think Diana would lie if asked if she was Wonder Woman, instead she'd say something like "wouldn't that be wonderful / fun / amazing".
    Last edited by Agent 86; 04-12-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Going from JL movie no one knows she is Wonder Woman. They call her Diana Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Version of Cheetah That Kristen Wiig Is Playing In ‘Wonder Woman 2’: https://omegaunderground.com/2018/03...onder-woman-2/
    We know that the Wonder Woman Rebirth team had talks with Patty in press events so I wouldn't discard a mix of Peréz and Rucka versions. But I'm glad they're going full archaeologist.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I hope Wiig doesn't attempt an accent for Minerva. That aspect would probably be best being dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I hope Wiig doesn't attempt an accent for Minerva. That aspect would probably be best being dropped.
    They probably will. They made all the other Amazons do what I assume were terrible attempts at emulating Gal's Israeli accent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Wiig is terrible at accents or something? I have not really seen much of her work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cos...ris-pine%3famp

What do you guys think about this? You think it will be a illusion? I mean going from the first movie and JL Diana says Steve sacrificed himself. And if this is in the 80s how does Steve fit in

If they have Steve as a recurring hallucination like George Stacy in ASM 2, shoot me.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Wiig is terrible at accents or something? I have not really seen much of her work.
    If she's good at them give it a shot, but it always seems American actor's are always dodgy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Nah. She's incognito, full on Secret ID from what we've seen. The conversation with her coworker in JL lays that out pretty clearly I thought. I imagine that she goes through many day jobs, and moves often, over her 100 years in Man's World, in order to stay undetected. But keeps the name Diana Prince in remembrance to Steve.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Going from JL movie no one knows she is Wonder Woman. They call her Diana Prince
    Yep. The novelization of the movie further illustrates this. The first chapter describes Diana showing up for work the day the picture is delivered to her. Nothing in that chapter leads one to think anyone there knows who she really is.

The chapter mentions the security guard letting her in and even trying to flirt with her a little. It mentions that he seemed to be under the impression that she was a native Parisian. Pretty high compliment from a French man.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--