Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep. The novelization of the movie further illustrates this. The first chapter describes Diana showing up for work the day the picture is delivered to her. Nothing in that chapter leads one to think anyone there knows who she really is.

The chapter mentions the security guard letting her in and even trying to flirt with her a little. It mentions that he seemed to be under the impression that she was a native Parisian. Pretty high compliment from a French man.
    Or a terrible insult, depending on where you live in France

More seriously, I really liked to see Diana working in a Museum. Somehow, I find it fitting for her to want to preserve remnants of ancient civilizations... and possibly in the process keep an eye on any relics which shouldn't fall into the wrong hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Or a terrible insult, depending on where you live in France

More seriously, I really liked to see Diana working in a Museum. Somehow, I find it fitting for her to want to preserve remnants of ancient civilizations... and possibly in the process keep an eye on any relics which shouldn't fall into the wrong hands.
    Agreed. I think this would be a perfect civilian ID in the comics too, if we're going to have Diana Prince civilian (secret) ID. Which I like, but don't absolutely require for my enjoyment.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

If they’re still going with the 80s theme, will this be another flashback movie or will they treat it like current day? If it’s a flashback, I winder if it’ll be like the last one...

Aren’t they supposed to begin filming in late May? We only have two casting announcements, when do you think we will start to get more info on the sequel???

Can we just move forward already? I’m tired of seeing WW be stuck in the past all the time. This movie shouldn’t be set in the 1980s. Been there, done that. We need a modernized interpretation of Wonder Woman in a movie already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    Can we just move forward already? I’m tired of seeing WW be stuck in the past all the time. This movie shouldn’t be set in the 1980s. Been there, done that. We need a modernized interpretation of Wonder Woman in a movie already.
    We have had two DCEU movies with Wonder Woman in the present, and anything you can do to distance your Wonder Woman solo movies from those two is a splendid thing.
    Also, the WWI version IS a modernized interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    We have had two DCEU movies with Wonder Woman in the present, and anything you can do to distance your Wonder Woman solo movies from those two is a splendid thing.
    A movie set in the present doesn't have to be connected to BvS or JL. Her first solo movie featured a reference to BvS and was fine for the most part.

A movie set in the present doesn't have to be connected to BvS or JL. Her first solo movie featured a reference to BvS and was fine for the most part.

And by modernized, the poster meant set in modern times.

Ultimate Member

I find another period piece to be more interesting personally. We have 100 years to play with, it'd be boring to just jump straight into present-day. Especially since most of the other films will likely be set in present-day anyway, so the past aspect gives WW some variety.

It's more creative.

I'm talking about solo movies. And World War 1 is way in the past. It's not modern.
    Last edited by greymoon; 04-15-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I find another period piece to be more interesting personally. We have 100 years to play with, it'd be boring to just jump straight into present-day. Especially since most of the other films will likely be set in present-day anyway, so the past aspect gives WW some variety.

It's more creative.
    How is it creative? If anything, it limits aspects of the story.
    Last edited by greymoon; 04-15-2018 at 08:12 AM.

I don't necessarily have an issue with the next movie taking place in the past. It's worth exploring what she's been doing between World War I and today.

The problem is, according to the other DCEU movies, whatever Diana does has to somehow remain secret and unknown to the rest of the world. And I don't want a Wonder Woman movie where she shuns the public and hides her exploits.

The only solution I can think of would be to throw continuity out the window. And since I hated the other DCEU movies--especially Justice League--you wouldn't see me complain if they went down that route.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm talking about solo movies. And World War 1 is way in the past. It's not modern.
    It's a modernized take on her origin in that it was made in 2017. When the story takes place doesn't make it modernized. No WW origin has ever taken place during WWI before, and the romance with Steve was definitely modernized compared to the way it was written in the 40s.

How is it creative? If anything, it limits aspects of the story.
    An immortal superhero who lives through various eras is not something we've gotten yet, so that would help set her apart. Steve Rogers, by contrast, slept through the rest of the 20th Century after he fell in the ice. Seeing how a superhero like Wonder Woman reacts to the Cold War is an opportunity to get creative and try something new. Because while the Post-Crisis Wonder Woman debuted around that time, she didn't experience WWI and WWII as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

It's more creative.
    I wouldn't say it is more or less creative but I prefer another period piece that gives us significant aspects of her history and who she is. In fact, I had thought it was going to be WWI, WWII and the present. Apparently, it's going to be WWI, the 1980s and the present. Which, by the way, the 1980s is the present as far as I'm concerned. I mean, not really but close enough as opposed to WWI which was long before I was around.

The only part I don't like is that we already know she has to remain anonymous to the world to maintain continuity. Even up to and including "Justice League", she STILL has never been referred to or addressed as "Wonder Woman". I'm guessing that will happen in the third movie, hopefully not in the last scene.

Still, I don't need or want everything to be in the present. Having her in WWI allowed us to experience some of her rich history. It even established that she's the original super hero/ super heroine, around long before Superman and Batman or any of the others. The only thing that undermines it, as I said, was that the world had no idea she existed until the present.

And, by the way, were they to have her "come out" as Wonder Woman and become known to the world in the second WW movie, hence rewriting history and throwing out JL, MoS, SS and B v S in favor of a restart by making the WW movies canon and recreating the present with only her history from her solo movies intact, I wouldn't be bothered by it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Since her first movie did so well, would it be too farfetched to hope for a bigger promo push??