Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Wait...that was the original Fausta actress???
    Yup. It's on her IMDB page.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yup. It's on her IMDB page.
    It's not.
    Fausta was originally played by Lynda Day George, and in the movie she was played by Linda Pickup, who was2 when the Lynda Carter show came out.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's not.
    Fausta was originally played by Lynda Day George, and in the movie she was played by Linda Pickup, who was2 when the Lynda Carter show came out.
    Okay, I'm not even sure how I screwed up this badly.

Best guess? I heard it somewhere, I went looking to confirm it, the two actresses have similar names and I just didn't give it much thought.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

It sure is alot of Li/yndas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Okay, I'm not even sure how I screwed up this badly.

Best guess? I heard it somewhere, I went looking to confirm it, the two actresses have similar names and I just didn't give it much thought.
    I thought the original Fausta would be waaay too old to be her in the film, but that would've been cool nonetheless.

I honestly had no idea it was Fausta until it came out on DVD. It tickles me so much that we got her and General Darnell.

So is it set in the past or is set after Justice League?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    So is it set in the past or is set after Justice League?
    All reports say 1980something.

My best guess? The intro and the third act will take place in present day, after JL, but the set up will be 1980something. From what Patty has said, she wanted to bring Diana into the present day, and the US. But we also know that some of it is set in the Cold War, Soviet Union. So a flashback leading to a final act in present day (post JL) seems most likely.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Patty Jenkins just confirmed that the film was set in the 80's.

No flying
    Still mourning Trevor
    Still hidding
    Still not named Wonder Woman

I hope RealWonderman is right, and that it's just a part of the movie that is set in the past, but I doubt it.

Fantastic Member

I have a feeling this movie is going to be a White Suite Diana spy movie. Which I have no problem with. She decides to follow Steve's example and decides the best way to protect the world is to become a spy, and that explains how no one finds out about her until the modern day.

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I have a feeling this movie is going to be a White Suite Diana spy movie. Which I have no problem with. She decides to follow Steve's example and decides the best way to protect the world is to become a spy, and that explains how no one finds out about her until the modern day.
    Well I have to admit that I have a huge problem with that. Wonder Woman is not a spy, she is a mythical figure, she should be in larger than life superheroic settings, close to Man of Steel.
    She should be out in the open for everyone to see and be inspired with. But for some reason, WB is hellbent on denying her that.

Originally I wasn't too high on this. But then two things happened. One, I realized just how big a thing 80's-set tv and film have become. Its a huge period of interest these days. It might add to the already high anticipation for II. Second, the failure of Justice League. Wonder Woman needs to just be stand-alone now as the extended verse is near beyond repair. And if it even can be repaired, the only way that will happen any way is for the individual characters to be built up in their own projects. Having this film set in the 80s guarantees that it will be completely stand-alone again, at least outside of the possibility it could have a present-day opening again, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even include any brief references at all time around.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-24-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Sigh. Another period piece which means we will just see WW still stuck the past. Yay, fun. At this point I’m assuming she’s not going to progress at all with her powers or anything like that. Why is it so damn hard to just stick to the source material??

She was published in the 80s. So there actually IS a wealth of actual source material to turn to. And being set in the 80s, at least once again it will be far removed from any association with JL.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Barbara Minerva better have a spiral perm and huge, vaulted teased bangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    She was published in the 80s. So there actually IS a wealth of actual source material to turn to. And being set in the 80s, at least once again it will be far removed from any association with JL.
    Obviously she was published in the 80s. It’s comics. But that doesn’t mean there is an actual storyline they could go to. The 80s is so random. What is she going to do? Fight the Soviets? Analyze the Cold War...? But why? It doesn’t really make any sense with the timeline of the DCEU either. Assuming there is a timeline anymore.
    Last edited by greymoon; 04-24-2018 at 08:07 PM.