Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

If things go well should Cheetah get her own movie?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Maybe, Barbara Minerva will.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

A straight-up villain movie for Cheetah would be possible only if the fans absolutely loved her. Despite numerous popular movie appearances, the Joker is only now getting a movie of his own. So unless the fans create a huge demand for her, I wouldn't bet on it.

She may appear in some kind of villain team up movie, Suicide Squad, and/or an Injustice League movie of that ever materializes.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    But....there weren't any men in the first half hour of the movie at all.

We didn't just see women warriors but crafters, teachers and senators.

We saw an entire, highly successful society without any men at all.

That Diana left to enter 'the world of men' during an era where women were second class citizens, of course she was introduced to it by men so that, narratively, she could see that men weren't the myth she was raised to expect. There were no clear cut 'good guys' with Steve pointing out all of the 'bad' things he had done, with Napi playing both sides to line his pockets and pointing out that Steve's people had brought his people to that point, etc.

Yes, they 'mansplained' while she figured out this new world, but she took charge once she realized she had to, from the walk across No Man's Land to her chasing down Ludendorff, to her final face off with Ares.

This was totally unheard of in that time period, and she did it with class and style (and some serious butt kicking)

But there were no shortage of women in that movie. Just as you didn't see the Dora Milaje (with one exception) outside of Wakanda, you didn't see the Amazons (with the exception of Diana) outside of Themyscira.

Meanwhile, I'm not crazy about another 'historical' story and I really hope they bring her to the present. On the other hand, I'm also hoping that Jenkins ignores BvS and JL and has Diana become a shining beacon of a hero in her own right, not hiding in the shadows until the guys showed up
    I loved the first movie being set in World War I because it allowed her to see the worst that men could do to each other and the best and it brought her close to her original comic book origin and established her as the first. I'm not crazy about the 1980's. I had hoped for World War II. But I sincerely hope Jenkins is allowed to ignore B v S and JL and establish WW as a publicly known figure and the first super hero(ine). To me, that's the real power of setting her origin a century ago and they already had to waste that part to maintain continuity with "B v S" of which she is considered the only good part by many and the flop known as "JL". I sincerely hope that, at this point, with the rest of the DCEU outside of "Wonder Woman" having mostly negative reactions that the continuity won't matter to DC/ WB anymore and that having WW 2 clearly break from the future continuity of those two movies will be a sign of a soft reboot led by WW.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Well-deserved, indeed!

I'm not sure we'll get a movie specifically about Donna, but I think we can hold out hope that she'll show up in a WW or Titans movie.
    And we're getting a live action Donna in TITANS!

Boy Wonder and Wonder Girl.jpg
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    And we're getting a live action Donna in TITANS!

Boy Wonder and Wonder Girl.jpg
    Yeah. I just hope she'll be good and that those shots we've seen of the other Titans are misleading.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah. I just hope she'll be good and that those shots we've seen of the other Titans are misleading.
    I would say I'm certain the photos were misleading. I can't imagine they'd give us Hawk and Dove perfection, with a streetwalker Starfire.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I would say I'm certain the photos were misleading. I can't imagine they'd give us Hawk and Dove perfection, with a streetwalker Starfire.
    Yeah, those Hawk and Dove costumes are what give me hope. Now, they just need to make Donna awesome and show people that there's more to Diana's world than just Diana herself.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Retired

I questioned the WW I setting for the first movie, before I saw the movie, and then I saw it and I understood that the story could only work with that war. WW II is just too much a good vs evil struggle in our minds to make the point about all humans being morally dubious.

So while I might have a hard time understanding the 1980 setting, I’m buying whatever Jenkins is selling. I just hope it turns out that a good deal of the movie takes place in a mythological setting—Tartarus, Themyscira, Aeaea or Hades’ Underworld.

https://www.cbr.com/patty-jenkins-wo...oman-2-salary/

Cool. Do you think we will ever get a Donna movie?
    Great news. She deserves it. WW was clearly the breakout success of the DCEU. Granted that wouldn't be hard to do but it's more than that. It would be considered successful even by Marvel standards. I think it would be in the top 10 even as a Marvel movie? It's only drawbacks were things that were a result of being locked into things established in B v S as "future history".
    Power with Girl is better.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Great news. She deserves it. WW was clearly the breakout success of the DCEU. Granted that wouldn't be hard to do but it's more than that. It would be considered successful even by Marvel standards. I think it would be in the top 10 even as a Marvel movie? It's only drawbacks were things that were a result of being locked into things established in B v S as "future history".
    According to adjusted box office world wide, with respect to marvel movies, she would place 13th.

Wish we didn't have to wait so long, I'm ready for this.

I didn't love the idea of being set in the past again, but this lets me know that they're keeping things WW centric and not all tied up with the other movies. Which is a great thing. WW needs the dark knight trilogy treatment, keep it self contained, keep the same director who has a clear vision of what she wants to do, just make great stand alone films that have the same goal. Which seems to be what they're doing. I say wrap things up with part three set in present day. But that's getting way ahead of myself. Ready for part 2. I do have some mixed feelings on Wiig as Cheetah, but I trust Jenkins. I also had major reservations about casting Heath Ledger as Joker and we all know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    According to adjusted box office world wide, with respect to marvel movies, she would place 13th.
    Except you cannot really compare the DCEU with the MCU in this regard. Wonder Woman went into theatres with far lower expectations and far worse buildup than the MCU had managed to create. This is especially prevalent in the worldwide market. Among the MCU top earners, all of them (with the exception of Black Panther) earned a far higher proportion than Wonder Woman in the non-US market (which gives a lower return to the studio). If you look at the character origin/intro movies, Wonder Woman beats all of them but Black Panther, and is about on par with the 2002 Spiderman.

And lets not forget besides being a great movie, Black Panther also had many terrific Marvel movies leading up to the release and many after
    while Wonder Woman was surrounded by D C movies with lukewarm revives before and after her release.

WW2 should crush it at the box office.