Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

The teaser image gave me some George Orwell's 1984 vibes. Maybe it'll be a more serious, political or even distopic tone? It sure suits the cold war...

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

1984 was the year of the 50th presidential election and the Russians are interfering with it. Also, soviet spies have learned about Diana and Barbara, whose real name is Barbara Mirnova, is also a Russian spy, or an english communist-simpathizer who’s keeping tabs on Wonder Woman for the KGB. The Cheetah is the Soviets’ response to Wonder Woman. WW84 in a nutshell

All-New Member

Ugh was hoping those rumors last year wouldn't be true. I want a Modern Diana. But I guess another period piece it is.

Love the 1984 setting, that's around the time I really got into Wonder Woman, and my brother who is also a big wonder woman fan was born that year. I watched Superfriends and the Lynda Carter series, but it was this that really got me hooked...

Be real nice if they used the Debbie Doumain Cheetah for a change, (I know they won't) after all she was the real Cheetah in 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Ugh was hoping those rumors last year wouldn't be true. I want a Modern Diana. But I guess another period piece it is.
    Me too. But I get her solo flicks being away from the current continuity of movies until it is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Me too. But I get her solo flicks being away from the current continuity of movies until it is fixed.
    Just don't refer to any other DC heroes in future present-day WW movies. WW can appear in other DC movies, but let her solo movies be their own thing.

Since this is a DCEU question I thought I'd post this here I was watching a critique of the DCEU fighting styles and one complaint was they used only Super Speed, Invincibility, Super Strength, and Flight with Superman 95% of the time using him mostly as a blunt instrument and didn't showcase is vast array of powers so I started watching some DCEU and which is pretty much true. So my Wonder Woman question is was she slightly disrespected in Justice League by the whole the world lost hope angle? I mean her powers weren't that different than his given they rarely showed off all his and she helped defeat Doomdays and was an active hero when Justice League started so why wasn't she seen as a beacon of Hope? God knows IMO she acted more like it than the DCEU Superman.

Retired

In BVS, Diana said that she walked away from humanity, so nobody even knew who she was for her to be a symbol of hope. She’s a mystery to Bruce Wayne. I imagine she didn’t want to set herself up as a god to be worshipped.

Maybe it’s a dystopian timeline, as in 1984, and Wonder Woman has to change the future. Paul McCartney & Wing’s “Nineteen-Hundred-and-Eight-Five” on the soundtrack would be cool by me!

But I want two other time periods to get some kind of mention in the movie: the Second World War and the present day (post-JUSTICE LEAGUE).

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    The teaser image gave me some George Orwell's 1984 vibes. Maybe it'll be a more serious, political or even distopic tone? It sure suits the cold war...
    Orwell's 1984 was the first thing I thought about when I first saw it.

I'd rather have WW modern day. But I'm hoping there will be a part 3 if 2 is successful. And the third and probably final installment will bring her up to present day.

Retired

Yeah, it could be Jenkins had a trilogy already in mind when she made the first one, with the final part in modern day. She was already talking about a sequel before the first debuted and she was pretty quick to indicate the second would be in the Cold War. So she probably has a clear idea where she wants to go.

The other DC movies might have avoided comparisons with Marvel if they had also been period pieces. And if they didn’t work out, they’d be easier to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Yeah, it could be Jenkins had a trilogy already in mind when she made the first one, with the final part in modern day. She was already talking about a sequel before the first debuted and she was pretty quick to indicate the second would be in the Cold War. So she probably has a clear idea where she wants to go.

The other DC movies might have avoided comparisons with Marvel if they had also been period pieces. And if they didn’t work out, they’d be easier to ignore.
    I would venture a bet on a 3 and 4, to break the trilogy cycle.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Since this is a DCEU question I thought I'd post this here I was watching a critique of the DCEU fighting styles and one complaint was they used only Super Speed, Invincibility, Super Strength, and Flight with Superman 95% of the time using him mostly as a blunt instrument and didn't showcase is vast array of powers so I started watching some DCEU and which is pretty much true. So my Wonder Woman question is was she slightly disrespected in Justice League by the whole the world lost hope angle? I mean her powers weren't that different than his given they rarely showed off all his and she helped defeat Doomdays and was an active hero when Justice League started so why wasn't she seen as a beacon of Hope? God knows IMO she acted more like it than the DCEU Superman.
    They basically did a retconn of the speech at the end of BvS. Patty and Gal both stated that this was ignored. In JL Diana tells Bruce that she helped, on her own, always, when she was needed (inferring she was low key, behind the scenes, out of the public eye) but "to be a leader, to step into the light" and tell people 'it's worth their life" was not something she was interested in, because she blames herself for Steve's death. But Patty definitely felt Diana was disrespected in Justice League, so much so, that she was (at least partially) responsible for Whedon's firing (according to new reports here: http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/a...drama-emerges/)

Regarding fighting styles, there is a cool youtube video that actually outlines all of the different fighting techniques you see Diana uses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X333iyQg0s0

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    But Patty definitely felt Diana was disrespected in Justice League, so much so, that she was (at least partially) responsible for Whedon's firing (according to new reports here: http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/a...drama-emerges/)
    I always take this sort of thing with a grain of salt, but if it's true.....that is awesome. Go Patty.

And--again, if true--adds some intrigue to her declaration we were going to see Diana's full power in the sequel. I won't get my hopes too high up, but if Patty Jenkins actively ignores/contradicts/flips off Justice League with WW84, then she is my hero.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Good for Patty if true. Im glad shes getting more power.

Yay, no more pointless ass shots

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I always take this sort of thing with a grain of salt, but if it's true.....that is awesome. Go Patty.

And--again, if true--adds some intrigue to her declaration we were going to see Diana's full power in the sequel. I won't get my hopes too high up, but if Patty Jenkins actively ignores/contradicts/flips off Justice League with WW84, then she is my hero.
    That's what I was thinking. I liked Justice League...as a Saturday Morning Cartoon type movie... but I'd be fine if the specifics of the movie were ignored moving forward, and Diana is amped up in WW2. I kinda expect it.