Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

WOW. WOW. Wow. Wow.

WW1984

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKzqNlYrN3Q
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I wouldn't give much credit to these 4Chan/Reddit rumors put together by comicbookmovie.com and reported by Wegotthiscovered.

A fact that we know for sure about Patty and Whedon is that, as reported by many sites, she "liked" this tweet about Snyder liking a tweet about Whedon leaving Batgirl: https://twitter.com/heroichollywood/...84566094761985

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-05-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Holy ARMS. She's quite bigger than WWI and JL. That's some impressive work! I wonder if she'll be working our with Kristen Wiig.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/05/w...ead-of-filmin/
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-05-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I wouldn't give much credit to these 4Chan/Reddit rumors put together by comicbookmovie.com and reported by Wegotthiscovered.

A fact that we know for sure about Patty and Whedon is that, as reported by many sites, she "liked" this tweet about Snyder liking a tweet about Whedon leaving Batgirl: https://twitter.com/heroichollywood/...84566094761985

GROSS. I would never intentionally share or forward or otherwise acknowledge anything to do with 4chan.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    GROSS. I would never intentionally share or forward or otherwise acknowledge anything to do with 4chan.
    Yeah, 4chan and Reddit aren't really reliable.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/green...d-more-a161083

"Over the past couple of weeks, some very interesting new details about the DC Extended Universe has started popping up on Reddit."

"So, what was the deal with Joss Whedon? Well, it's said that Patty Jenkins took issue with much of what the filmmaker decided to do with Wonder Woman in Justice League and made it clear that she didn't want him anywhere near anything she would be working on. Between that and the response to the superhero ensemble, Whedon was apparently fired from both Batgirl and the DCEU in general."

At the moment, there are several questionable pro-Snyder and anti-Whedon/Johns rumors circulating online. This one, for example, is pure fan-fiction: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c...during_bvs_ss/

I mean, Johns leaking BvS' script to Marvel? WTH?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-05-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Yeah, 4chan and Reddit aren't really reliable.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/green...d-more-a161083

"Over the past couple of weeks, some very interesting new details about the DC Extended Universe has started popping up on Reddit."

"So, what was the deal with Joss Whedon? Well, it's said that Patty Jenkins took issue with much of what the filmmaker decided to do with Wonder Woman in Justice League and made it clear that she didn't want him anywhere near anything she would be working on. Between that and the response to the superhero ensemble, Whedon was apparently fired from both Batgirl and the DCEU in general."

At the moment, there are several questionable pro-Snyder and anti-Whedon/Johns rumors circulating online. This one, for example, is pure fan-fiction: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c...during_bvs_ss/

I mean, Johns leaking BvS' script to Marvel? WTH?
    Yeah... I think that informed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mMLqkUm1wc&t=1087s

And YAY! WW84 (to stay on topic)

Hmm, there could be an ounce of truth to that aspect. Grace Randolph who has some WB insider contacts did say just a couple of weeks back that Joss Whedon was very, very unpopular with the Justice League circle. But it's 4chan so even if it's right, a broken clock is right twice a day.

As for Grace's speculations about WW84, I did think of the Orwellian connection too but I kinda hope that's not it as the comparisons to the surveillance themes in The Winter Soldier would go overboard thanks to a typical fringe section of the MCU fanbase.

But I really hope the rest of the stuff is incorporated into the movie, especially the historic "firsts" for women in 1984 and the AIDS pandemic/LGBT supporting character. Though on that last part, could that character be Barbara Ann Minerva herself? She may start out as a heroine and even a potential love interest for Diana, but once she realizes she is afflicted with AIDS, she tries to find a cure for herself, sadly leading to her unfortunate curse. It would really humanize the character and make her tragedy devastating for both audiences and Diana. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Hmm, there could be an ounce of truth to that aspect. Grace Randolph who has some WB insider contacts did say just a couple of weeks back that Joss Whedon was very, very unpopular with the Justice League circle. But it's 4chan so even if it's right, a broken clock is right twice a day.

As for Grace's speculations about WW84, I did think of the Orwellian connection too but I kinda hope that's not it as the comparisons to the surveillance themes in The Winter Soldier would go overboard thanks to a typical fringe section of the MCU fanbase.

But I really hope the rest of the stuff is incorporated into the movie, especially the historic "firsts" for women in 1984 and the AIDS pandemic/LGBT supporting character. Though on that last part, could that character be Barbara Ann Minerva herself? She may start out as a heroine and even a potential love interest for Diana, but once she realizes she is afflicted with AIDS, she tries to find a cure for herself, sadly leading to her unfortunate curse. It would really humanize the character and make her tragedy devastating for both audiences and Diana. Thoughts?
    I was thinking something along those lines... not that Barbara would not have contracted HIV (not so common among lesbians) but that she is an ultra humanitarian, trying to find a cure, experimenting on herself with a combo of science and magic, and ends up cursed as the Cheetah. Even more heartbreaking, because her effort was truly selfless and altruistic. They did something along these lines in Justice League Unlimited.

I was thinking something along those lines... not that Barbara would not have contracted HIV (not so common among lesbians) but that she is an ultra humanitarian, trying to find a cure, experimenting on herself with a combo of science and magic, and ends up cursed as the Cheetah. Even more heartbreaking, because her effort was truly selfless and altruistic. They did something along these lines in Justice League Unlimited.
    Gia Carangi (known as the world's first supermodel) unfortunately succumbed to AIDS so there were instances (in Carangi's case, it was believed to be due to an infected syringe). Hmm... come to think of it, a Gia like figure would also make for a fascinating support for Diana in 1984.

But maybe WB would prefer your suggestion of Barbara seeking a cure just for humanitarian/ally purposes if they want to touch on the topic and not get too dark.

Yeah... I think that informed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mMLqkUm1wc&t=1087s
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...no-mans-scene/

They don't know anymore who to blame for the DCEU's failures.

And YAY! WW84 (to stay on topic)
    Can't wait for the first leaked set pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Gia Carangi (known as the world's first supermodel) unfortunately succumbed to AIDS so there were instances (in Carangi's case, it was believed to be due to an infected syringe). Hmm... come to think of it, a Gia like figure would also make for a fascinating support for Diana in 1984.

But maybe WB would prefer your suggestion of Barbara seeking a cure just for humanitarian/ally purposes if they want to touch on the topic and not get too dark.
    Oh, I didn't mean to infer that women cannot contract HIV, but transmission between lesbians is rare. I'm definitely familiar with Gia, but I was basing my suggestion more on Barbara being a science/ archaeology based character, so making her sympathetic by making the ultimate sacrifice for others would be heartbreaking. But, she could also be searching for the cure for her girlfriend, a Gia type supermodel character...

First look at WW's new costume... (I'm kidding it's fan-made )

Surely Diana knows how to blend with the people of the 80s.

First look at WW's new costume... (I'm kidding it's fan-made )

Surely Diana knows how to blend with the people of the 80s.

I hope the "new costume" is going to be something akin to Kingdom Come. And just gear for a final battle situation. It would read well on screen...and make for some great new toys! They specifically said "battle gear," but I've seen speculation that she'll be wearing something like the jacket and pants from the 90's and I'm placing 100% of my bets that this isn't gonna happen. haha

I hope the "new costume" is going to be something akin to Kingdom Come. And just gear for a final battle situation. It would read well on screen...and make for some great new toys! They specifically said "battle gear," but I've seen speculation that she'll be wearing something like the jacket and pants from the 90's and I'm placing 100% of my bets that this isn't gonna happen. haha
    I would be happy af if that were true. lol. I loved the biker look. I kind of had a feeling that we'd be seeing a white jumpsuit in this movie and maybe a little covert spy action.

Grace Randolph over at BEYOND THE TRAILER has done a comprehensive summary of 1984 possible references...