Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

An interesting twist would be if Cheetah was a creation of Circe...since Beastiomorphs are her specialty.

Barbara could be one of Diana's best friends, Circe could curse her, and meanwhile Dr Psycho aka Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) is fooling with Diana to help the Soviets in some way...or something...to some great cosmic end...
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

enjoyed the Killing Joke dig.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 09-12-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    An interesting twist would be if Cheetah was a creation of Circe...since Beastiomorphs are her specialty.

Barbara could be one of Diana's best friends, Circe could curse her, and meanwhile Dr Psycho aka Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) is fooling with Diana to help the Soviets in some way...or something...to some great cosmic end...
    No, let Cheetah be her one villain with her own backstory and her own motivations. No need to make her a lackey and/or pawn of another villain. Besides, we just got that in the first film.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No, let Cheetah be her one villain with her own backstory and her own motivations. No need to make her a lackey and/or pawn of another villain. Besides, we just got that in the first film.
    How so? I don't think anyone acted as a lackey to Ares...he did some inspiring is all...

And combining Circe and Cheetah could remove the odd and muddy Cheetah/Plant god stuff, and give real meat to a Circe/Diana problem...

Welp WW's probably losing that December 2019 spot now. Wonder what they'll change it to.

Retired

If they still want WW II in 2019, then they'll probably move it a few weeks earlier in November before American Thanksgiving. Personally, I feel like it should be a summer blockbuster. It would be nice if it came out around American Independence Day in 2019--but that might be too early. So 2020 seems more likely.

Incredible Member

I agree. I think Circe being responsible for Barbara's transformation could lend itself to interesting story possibilities.

Diana and Barbara regularly adventure together to hunt down mystical artefacts that could be very dangerous if they fell into the wrong hands. Barbara starts to resent the fact that Diana has so many wonderful abilities and that Barbara can't contribute as much on their adventures. Barbara starts researching ways to acquire the power of a god for herself, so that she can be Diana's equal partner. Barbara's research leads her to a long lost island associated with the mythical sorceress Circe. Barbara pleads with Circe for the powers of a god and Circe grants her request on the condition that she obtains her freedom. Of course, every deal with Circe has it catch, and although powerful, Barbara struggles with her new wild and feral nature, leading her to lash out at Diana and succumb to Circe's influence.

Circe decides that the Amazons should serve as her army in conquering man's world and heads to Themyscira. Battles and whatever else happen. Ultimately, Diana manages to subdue Cheetah and reason with her. They then team-up to fight and defeat Circe, while the Amazons battle some random were creatures created by Circe. After the battle is won, Diana offers Cheetah the chance for rehabilitation on Themyscira, but Cheetah elects to leave and work on overcoming her internal struggle alone (thus allowing her to potentially serve as a future antagonist or appear in the Legion of Doom if the Justice League films ever get that far).

Ultimately, as long as becoming the Cheetah is Barbara's choice and something she works towards and obtains for herself, without full knowledge of the consequences, then I think it is still true to the character. It shouldn't be some kind of "curse" where Barbara is punished for some wrong. It should be a "power" that Barbara seeks, but one that comes with a heavy cost.

Mighty Member

If they add Circe to the story I hope they'd add Veronica Cale too and at least hint at villainy inc or Godwatch. I'd still want Cheetah to have the spotlight.

Ultimate Member

How so? I don't think anyone acted as a lackey to Ares...he did some inspiring is all...

And combining Circe and Cheetah could remove the odd and muddy Cheetah/Plant god stuff, and give real meat to a Circe/Diana problem...
    Ares was manipulating Ludendorff and Dr. Poison indirectly as part of his plan.

I don't think that the plant god stuff is nearly as hard to pull off as you seem to. And if it must be changed, change it to it's own thing. It's really simple for me:

1. I'm not interested in seeing every supernatural villain that Diana has tied to Greek mythology.
    2. I'm not interested in another Greek myth villain in the sequel (do something else).
    3. I'm absolutely under no circumstances whatsoever, interested in Cheetah being reduced to a pawn of Circe, of just a glorified stepping stone. "Well it adds meat to the Circe/Diana problem" sounds like a HORRIBLE way to use her, and a total slap in the face to her character.

No, she's her own villain, with her own backstory, and her own motives not tied at all to Circe or don't use her at all, end of story. I'm not changing my opinion on that one.

I don't think that the plant god stuff is nearly as hard to pull off as you seem to. And if it must be changed, change it to it's own thing. It's really simple for me:

1. I'm not interested in seeing every supernatural villain that Diana has tied to Greek mythology.
    2. I'm not interested in another Greek myth villain in the sequel (do something else).
    3. I'm absolutely under no circumstances whatsoever, interested in Cheetah being reduced to a pawn of Circe, of just a glorified stepping stone. "Well it adds meat to the Circe/Diana problem" sounds like a HORRIBLE way to use her, and a total slap in the face to her character.

No, she's her own villain, with her own backstory, and her own motives not tied at all to Circe or don't use her at all, end of story. I'm not changing my opinion on that one.
    I understand what you're saying, and for the comics I agree, for sure. But for the movie universe, with a movie audience, and much less time for development, Cheetah could be confusing...and Circe's motivation could be as well. I also think it would be totally OK for Diana to have a sort of mythological "niche' in the DCEU...not a limited niche, but a 'related' one.

Superman- space invaders
    Batman- Gotham
    Diana- myth & magic

Maybe blend the two? Perhaps Circe is in a way responsible for manipulating Barbara to becoming the Cheetah, but isn't the source of the Cheetah's powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I agree. I think Circe being responsible for Barbara's transformation could lend itself to interesting story possibilities.

Diana and Barbara regularly adventure together to hunt down mystical artefacts that could be very dangerous if they fell into the wrong hands. Barbara starts to resent the fact that Diana has so many wonderful abilities and that Barbara can't contribute as much on their adventures. Barbara starts researching ways to acquire the power of a god for herself, so that she can be Diana's equal partner. Barbara's research leads her to a long lost island associated with the mythical sorceress Circe. Barbara pleads with Circe for the powers of a god and Circe grants her request on the condition that she obtains her freedom. Of course, every deal with Circe has it catch, and although powerful, Barbara struggles with her new wild and feral nature, leading her to lash out at Diana and succumb to Circe's influence.

Circe decides that the Amazons should serve as her army in conquering man's world and heads to Themyscira. Battles and whatever else happen. Ultimately, Diana manages to subdue Cheetah and reason with her. They then team-up to fight and defeat Circe, while the Amazons battle some random were creatures created by Circe. After the battle is won, Diana offers Cheetah the chance for rehabilitation on Themyscira, but Cheetah elects to leave and work on overcoming her internal struggle alone (thus allowing her to potentially serve as a future antagonist or appear in the Legion of Doom if the Justice League films ever get that far).

Ultimately, as long as becoming the Cheetah is Barbara's choice and something she works towards and obtains for herself, without full knowledge of the consequences, then I think it is still true to the character. It shouldn't be some kind of "curse" where Barbara is punished for some wrong. It should be a "power" that Barbara seeks, but one that comes with a heavy cost.
    I like it!!!

Hmmmmmmm

http://za.ign.com/wonder-woman-1/111...wonder-woman-2

Also, I'm hoping Wonder Woman moves to a summer date! August 2019??

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Patty Jenkins: "I’m excited for her to come to America and become the Wonder Woman we are all familiar with from having grown up around her as an American superhero. I’d like to bring her a little farther along into the future and have a fun, exciting storyline that is its own thing. Wonder Woman 1 is so much about her becoming the person she is. I can’t wait to spring forward with who she is and have another great standalone superhero film.”

Source: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonde...xcited-a153927

Retired

I speculated before that the reason Warner was putting WONDER WOMAN II late in the year was to improve its chances at getting many Oscars. I think a summer release decreases those chances.

It's nice that Patty Jenkins has loyalty to others in giving Dave Callaham a shot as screen writer, considering they were supposed to do JACKPOT together and she gave that up to work on WONDER WOMAN. On the other hand, Allan Heinberg deserved to write the sequel, if he wanted it.