Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Quickly? He's been dead for nearly a full century if the film is set in modern times! All they have to do is convey that Diana has been missing him for the better part of a century and it won't seem cheap at all.
    Hey, I'd love Steve back too! I just think bringing him back in Wonder Woman 2 would be too... comic-booky. Death should have meaning and impact. Bring Steve back in Wonder Woman 3 if you must, but no sooner. I would just hate to see the Wonder Woman films (which are critical successes) to succumb to the same issues comic books have.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

But they're bringing back Superman in Justice League tho...

And his body was buried...do we have any information regarding Steve's body's wherabouts (if there were any to be found)?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post

And his body was buried...do we have any information regarding Steve's body's wherabouts (if there were any to be found)?
    I'm pretty sure his body was never found at all, which is why I like my scenario that he may never have died in the first place.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post

Which makes it even worse if Steve does come back. Death with have literally no meaning (just as it has no meaning in comics).

Also, in terms of Superman, his "resurrection" was at least implied at the end of BvS, while there was no suggestion that Steve would ever return.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Which makes it even worse if Steve does come back. Death with have literally no meaning (just as it has no meaning in comics).

Also, in terms of Superman, his "resurrection" was at least implied at the end of BvS, while there was no suggestion that Steve would ever return.
    Another good argument for just saying that Steve never died, really.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

Death would "have no meaning" if ALL of the dead characters came back. But one or two, one of whom (Superman) everyone expected to come back already anyway, nah that's just comics.

Retired

Diana finding Steve alive and well at LIVE AID doesn't exactly fit with the sense of her in BATMAN V SUPERMAN and the inferred meaning in the framing device for WONDER WOMAN.

The photo seems to have importance to her because of what happened the very next day after that was taken. And it's meaningful, presumably not because Diana is a narcissist who likes to collect pictures of herself, but because of the other people in that photo--especially Steve.

We, as an audience, have built up this story in our head because of that information. So those scenes and those images carry all this weight for us. It's possible that we have misread that subtext. But why would the film makers want to do that to us? At least if Steve showed up healthy at the end of JUSTICE LEAGUE--none of that inference would become invalid. But all those assumptions would change if Diana met Steve in the 1980s--he having lived that long and never died.

Now, if the Flash actually races back in time and completely changes the continuity of the shared universe, then okay. That would mean WONDER WOMAN II is taking place in an alternate timeline, where maybe everything is different.

I’m actiallly REALLY pleased to hear this!!! 6 weeks before Star Wars! Would have preferred August though!

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline....202207062/amp/
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Seems it’s a shout if confidence!! Now, let’s get Cheetah cast!

https://culturess.com/2017/11/13/won...november-2019/

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/g...tice-league-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Diana finding Steve alive and well at LIVE AID doesn't exactly fit with the sense of her in BATMAN V SUPERMAN and the inferred meaning in the framing device for WONDER WOMAN.

The photo seems to have importance to her because of what happened the very next day after that was taken. And it's meaningful, presumably not because Diana is a narcissist who likes to collect pictures of herself, but because of the other people in that photo--especially Steve.

We, as an audience, have built up this story in our head because of that information. So those scenes and those images carry all this weight for us. It's possible that we have misread that subtext. But why would the film makers want to do that to us? At least if Steve showed up healthy at the end of JUSTICE LEAGUE--none of that inference would become invalid. But all those assumptions would change if Diana met Steve in the 1980s--he having lived that long and never died.

Now, if the Flash actually races back in time and completely changes the continuity of the shared universe, then okay. That would mean WONDER WOMAN II is taking place in an alternate timeline, where maybe everything is different.
    I’m hoping for a reunion in Hades, where she has to leave him again!

Still excited to see Justice League...but now I'm more excited for Wonder Woman 2 instead.

Retired

JUSTICE LEAGUE is a stepping stone to WONDER WOMAN II. The question for me is how what Diana says in JL will be reflected in WW II. The task for the sequel is to reset Diana's place in the world of man--and maybe elaborate on what she knows of Themyscira.

I just need for it to be set in the 20s with Etta....

Mighty Member

I'm not sure how everyone else looks at these comic book movie universes but for me Steve and Etta coming back would work fine even without a flash time warp sort of scenario.

Extraordinary Member

Gadot has apparently gotten Brett Ratner off of the production of WW2. She threatened to walk away from the sequel if WB didn't drop him, and they did.