Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Any time, Kettle.
    Uh-huh. That's not exactly how it went down, but you believe whatever makes you feel better.

All-New Member

I might be late posting about this thread. But overall the trailer looks like it's gonna be a fun ride. Since Whedon is taking Snyder's place as Director and credited as writer and we got Geoff Johns as Producer overseeing the project, I have high hopes that this movie is gonna do well. I hope that Hal Jordan makes an appearance if that ever happens in the movie

I share my thoughts about the trailer on my SDCC 2017 recap video bellow:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHQxRzdyg1Y&t=25s

Hope you guys enjoy the video and also don't forget to subscribe my channel if you guys wanna see more videos

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

You’ve just been in London recording the score for Justice League. It’s been 28 years since you scored Batman. What was it like going back into the DC universe?

It was great. It was like I never left because I’m using the same thematic material that I used back then. It never actually went away [Laughs.] It just was great fun.

There are a few little fan moments. I instated a moment of the Wonder Woman theme that Hans Zimmer did for Batman Vs. Superman, but I also had two minutes where I had the pleasure of saying, “Let’s do John Williams’ Superman.” and that for me was heaven, because now I have a melody to twist, and I’m using it in an actually very dark way, in a dark moment. It’s the kind of thing that some fans will notice. Some won’t. It’s a moment where we’re really not sure whose side he’s on.

The people at DC are starting to understand we’ve got these iconic bits from our past and that’s part of us, that’s part of our heritage -- we shouldn’t run away from that. Contemporary thinking is, every time they reboot something, you have to start completely from scratch -- which, of course, audiences will tell us again and again, is bullshit. Because the single-most surviving and loved theme in the world is Star Wars, which they had the good sense to not dump for the reboots. And every time it comes back, the audience goes crazy.
    but I also had two minutes where I had the pleasure of saying, “Let’s do John Williams’ Superman.”
    but I also had two minutes where I had the pleasure of saying, “Let’s do John Williams’ Superman.”
    http://www.billboard.com/amp/article...sant-interview

The paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.
    ~ Karl Popper

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    Wonder if he twisted it for an evil supes(temporarily). Or if its more superman doing something super after some dark **** just happened. But im all for the supes theme coming back.

Retired

That guy who calls himself Flash is the MVP in this Japan teaser.

JLA under no review embargo till right before release!

On the other hand.

On the other hand.

BANNED

That's coming from the Chinese press. They love shitty movies.

JL cost $300m to make! (that does not include promotion cost!)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/...tedly-revealed

WB will not drop embargo! No reviews till day of release overseas!

That's not a good sign. It can't be for spoilers as most of the films plot was leaked weeks ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    WB will not drop embargo! No reviews till day of release overseas!

That's not a good sign. It can't be for spoilers as most of the films plot was leaked weeks ago.
    I really don't get this. I mean, every DC movie since DKR has been a disappointment for me personally, but they clearly have a large and enthusiastic following. Just based on the commercials and trailers, I don't see how it can possibly be less well-received than, say, BvS by the general audience. I don't understand why WB has so little confidence in these films.

But, this is an age where Spider-man can make $700 million and warrant a reboot, so who knows what's going on in the minds of the executives. But I honestly haven't seen anything about this movie that would warrant hand-wringing, even if it's not my cup of tea personally.

AND WB changed their mind again. (maybe due to all the bad press?) and the reviews will be up late Tuesday and Wednesday .

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-review-embargo/