Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I love that hair flip that Aquaman does after surfing a parademon into a building. I understand he's not as regal as some people would like but in my opinion this version of the character is more useful toward shutting down all the smack that gets talked about Aquaman being weak.
    Going by Jason Momoa's comments, it seems Ocean Master is really the one in control and not Arthur. Maybe the Aquaman solo film will be Arthur truly accepting his role as a king, therefore becoming more regal yet still keeping his surfer-bro attitude.

I thought the trailer was fine. I liked some of Barry's "jokes" even though it should be impossible for the team to take off without him noticing. Aquaman is by far the coolest looking character. I wonder if they'll go to Apokalips in this.
    That seen to me felt like he had whisked them off just and was just kind of taunting gordon

Could be Supergirl. Bruce Wayne was looking at an image of Supergirl earlier in the trailer
    Yeah that was not superman bruce was looking at. Found a video talking about it.

Retired

I don't understand why the follow up to this movie isn't MAN OF STEEL 2. The first issue of ACTION COMICS (June '38) went on sale May 3, 1938. They have no DC movie scheduled for the summer of 2018. I would have thought putting out a Superman movie on the 80th anniversary of the character would have been the plan all along. Why is there no movie--does anyone have some inside information on that?

I would pee my pants if Supergirl shows up in the Justice League movie. Would love to see a good Supergirl movie too.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This version of Barry still seems way more like a Wally type character than he ever has Barry. The more I see the more I kinda wish they had just gone with Wally West instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Say what you will about Zack Snyder, while he may have had the help of a casting director, he's the one who chose all these actors. And I gotta say he has good instincts, to see in them the qualities that these movies needed.
    Mmm, I can't speak for all of them yet, but I always thought visually they do not look good together in the slightest. Individually I'm only sold on Aquaman and Batman, not so much Bruce Wayne. There are aspects of Gal's WW I liked in her film, but I kid you not, whenever her hair was blowing in her film I kept getting pulled out of the illusion because it looked like a Pantene commercial with a giant fan blowing in the back. More important I just don't think her acting is consistent. Cyborg seems alright, maybe a little dry, but visually my eyes don't scan the scan his design with a graceful flow, it's kind of messy and not quite discernable. So they are, for now, all over the place with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I like the humor and "fun" in the trailer but i still get hung up on the horrible backgrounds for alot these scenes. Its your typical fake looking cgi backgrounds Snyder does that makes you feel like they are filming in front of green screen in a dark room. With Apokoplis coming an everything dark is fine. Dont need blue skies or none of that. But id like for the backgrounda to look somewhat convincing. Instead they look stylized like most Snyder mvoies since 300. MoS might have been grey filtered but atleast it felt like they filmed it out in the world. Not inside a valcano.

That said im still really excited for this.
    My sentiments exactly.

I love that hair flip that Aquaman does after surfing a parademon into a building. I understand he's not as regal as some people would like but in my opinion this version of the character is more useful toward shutting down all the smack that gets talked about Aquaman being weak.
    The more I see of Mamoa's Aquaman, the more I'm seeing Lobo rather then Arthur Curry....

BANNED

This is the first DC trailer since TDK that suggests this could be a movie I might actually want to see, so kudos for that. Right now I'd say the chances of my seeing the movie and enjoying it are greater than 50%, and it's a wonderful feeling.

I still want to scream at the cinematographer to fix the white balance thought.

Barry Allen is good, if a significant departure from the character I grew up with. But he adds a desperately needed element to the universe.

The superman being touted as an inspiration to greatness for everyone can be construed as nothing less than an outright retcon. He was no such thing, particularly not to Batman (who, near as I can tell, would still not be putting the team together if he wasn't somehow convinced of the reality behind an experience that any rational person would consider to be a hallucination).

Cyborg and Aquaman are both somewhat blank slates at the moment. Both only seem to have one characteristic, so it will be fun (hopefully) to see them filled out more. Wonder Woman is presented so far as a character who reacts, rather than one who is reacted to, so I hope that changes. There is a hint that she may be the team leader, despite Bruce having formed the team. That would certainly be welcome, and fitting.

High hopes. Praying this will be the first DC film not to let me down.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    This comes under the rubric of "Tell, not show", I think.

I'm not sure the "crowd's heel turn" is as cathartic or as well developed as to justify that line.
    They showed a whole montage of him saving people. The people in Mexico City were practically worshipping him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    They showed a whole montage of him saving people. The people in Mexico City were practically worshipping him.
    This is only the opening arguments of the thesis. This cannot be the entire argument.

And frankly, the previous parts of the film pretty much established the suspicion as deep set; it needs AT LEAST that long to reverse that. And I just don't buy a single act would reverse that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    This is only the opening arguments of the thesis. This cannot be the entire argument.

And frankly, the previous parts of the film pretty much established the suspicion as deep set; it needs AT LEAST that long to reverse that. And I just don't buy a single act would reverse that.
    No the film established that there were opposing viewpoints on Superman and that some people viewed him as a type of savior and others viewed him as very problematic. It was never portrayed as everyone against Superman. Superman was out there saving people, people were practically treating him like a god. He had a freaking statue dedicated to him.

I would pee my pants if Supergirl shows up in the Justice League movie. Would love to see a good Supergirl movie too.
    She may just be a cameo. Maybe she is only in that one scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The superman being touted as an inspiration to greatness for everyone can be construed as nothing less than an outright retcon. He was no such thing, particularly not to Batman (who, near as I can tell, would still not be putting the team together if he wasn't somehow convinced of the reality behind an experience that any rational person would consider to be a hallucination).
    He put the team together because of the Martha scene, not because of the hallucination. Did you completely miss the last 20min of BvS? His whole speech about how "men are still good?" The restoration of Bruce's faith in humanity is one of the most powerful and poignant aspects of that entire movie and people barely seem to consider it.

And yes, Superman was an inspiration for greatness. People adored him; despite the many that hated/feared him.

Retired

Show don't tell is a nice enough rule for full movies. I'm not sure any rule should always be adhered to--as artists look at rules as things to be broken--but even if it is a rule that most commercial movies have to live by, I don't see why that should be imposed on a trailer. A trailer has to use short-cuts to communicate its message and sometimes looping voices over scenes where they'll never appear in the actual movie is an economic way to get across a point that might be given greater nuance in the actual two and a half hours.