Batman 89, 92-95, 97-98, 100
    Nightwing 72-74
    Joker war zone
    Joker anniversary 1
    Punchline 1

upcoming:
    Joker solo

Happy New Year!
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Happy New Year to the newest villain on the block!

As someone tired of Harley I desire to her good luck this year.

Kaye huh, Iunno why but I thought she was asian this whole time. still, it's cool having a straight up female villain in Gotham to fill the vacuum left from Ivy and Harley leaning more heroic/antiheroic these days. I just hope they don't try to make her an antihero too down the road. I like a bad guy going straight but let some of the baddies be baddies
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-02-2021 at 07:28 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

It wasn’t until I read Tynion is bringing in manga influences that I really saw it, but Punchline is very manga.

I really like her character. She’s going to stick around, I think, and will be a mainstay character. Especially with the popularity of Harley, which means they can be arch enemies in other media.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Kaye huh, Iunno why but I thought she was asian this whole time. still, it's cool having a straight up female villain in Gotham to fill the vacuum left from Ivy and Harley leaning more heroic/antiheroic these days. I just hope they don't try to make her an antihero too down the road. I like a bad guy going straight but let some of the baddies be baddies
    You're not the only one. Even artists have been confused about her exact ethnicity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    It wasn’t until I read Tynion is bringing in manga influences that I really saw it, but Punchline is very manga.
    I remember this was brought up in another thread discussion. Basically, though, you can see and feel the manga vibes from Punchline, Bao Pham/Clownhunter, and Ghost-Maker. Each of them rock their own specific kinds of manga vibes.

Kaye huh, Iunno why but I thought she was asian this whole time.
    I mean...She still could be. I always thought she was too. Maybe she's mixed or adopted or...something. Then again, not all Asian Americans have surnames that are of Asian descent.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I mean...She still could be. I always thought she was too. Maybe she's mixed or adopted or...something. Then again, not all Asian Americans have surnames that are of Asian descent.
    true, Cassandra Cain isn't exactly an Asian name. seeing her name just made me realize there is no real indication of her being Asian (that i know of) and i'm not sure when or why i made that assumption, is what i meant. it's likely her design, she looks vaguely Asian, and her aesthetic is very manga meets k-pop, so maybe she is meant to be Asian. Godspeed was revealed to be Latino by Joshua Williamson despite never having it overtly established in the comics outright (outside of it somewhat being alluded to by his brother's name), which could be a similar situation here.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-02-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I remember this was brought up in another thread discussion. Basically, though, you can see and feel the manga vibes from Punchline, Bao Pham/Clownhunter, and Ghost-Maker. Each of them rock their own specific kinds of manga vibes.
    Jorge Jiménez's art is very manga-influenced
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

true, Cassandra Cain isn't exactly an Asian name. seeing her name just made me realize there is no real indication of her being Asian (that i know of) and i'm not sure when or why i made that assumption, is what i meant. it's likely her design, she looks vaguely Asian, and her aesthetic is very manga meets k-pop, so maybe she is meant to be Asian. Godspeed was revealed to be Latino by Joshua Williamson despite never having it overtly established in the comics outright (outside of it somewhat being alluded to by his brother's name), which could be a similar situation here.
    I think it was Brian Bolland who asked specifically if she was Asian and told no, but that he wasn't the first one who'd made the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was Brian Bolland who asked specifically if she was Asian and told no, but that he wasn't the first one who'd made the confusion.
    ah, so she's not. must be the aesthetic that put the idea in my head.

currently following:

ah, so she's not. must be the aesthetic that put the idea in my head.
    Her choice of outfit definitely has a strong Japanese aesthetic...although maybe she's just into cosplay .